Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Christmas Day in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Christmas Day in Geneva

I may end up being "stuck" in Geneva on Christmas day. Is there anything to do here on that day? Are there any restaurants open apart from those at the train staion and airport?

The text you are quoting:

I may end up being "stuck" in Geneva on Christmas day. Is there anything to do here on that day? Are there any restaurants open apart from those at the train staion and airport?

Tony GDec 13, 2017 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1686 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Christmas Day in Geneva
Post 1

Whilst we sympathise with your plight, and if the temperatures plummet and the conditions deteriorate both here and in the UK we might well be joining you, your request might well elicit a more positive response if you intersperced it with a please or thank you.

Whilst we sympathise with your plight, and if the temperatures plummet and the conditions deteriorate both here and in the UK we might well be joining you, your request might well elicit a more positive response if you intersperced it with a please or thank you.

sheila c, Dec 13, 2017 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Christmas Day in Geneva
Post 2

Dec 13, 17 10:46

Lots of the hotels offer a special Christmas menu, so why not do a google search to find somewhere that suits your taste and pocket.  You could also check nearby restaurants by looking for notices/posters on their windows, entrance doors, etc.

Having made your choice, book as soon as possible because a good offer will soon be snapped up by folk who prefer to avoid the hassle of a festive meal at home. 

That said, last year a friend and I made a last-minute decision to eat out at a hotel behind Cornavin railway station.  The Christmas “special” was fully booked but the “à la carte” menus offered plenty of options and we enjoyed a very palatable meal and some good wine in a festive atmosphere at a very reasonable price.

Bon app. !

R.

Lots of the hotels offer a special Christmas menu, so why not do a google search to find somewhere that suits your taste and pocket.  You could also check nearby restaurants by looking for notices/posters on their windows, entrance doors, etc.

Having made your choice, book as soon as possible because a good offer will soon be snapped up by folk who prefer to avoid the hassle of a festive meal at home. 

That said, last year a friend and I made a last-minute decision to eat out at a hotel behind Cornavin railway station.  The Christmas “special” was fully booked but the “à la carte” menus offered plenty of options and we enjoyed a very palatable meal and some good wine in a festive atmosphere at a very reasonable price.

Bon app. !

R.

Ritchie, Dec 13, 2017 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1686 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form