Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Clothing Donation?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Clothing Donation?

Clearing out the closet ahead of a move and I was wondering if there is anywhere I can drop off used clothing?  I don't want money, but just to donate it.

Any ideas?

The text you are quoting:

Clearing out the closet ahead of a move and I was wondering if there is anywhere I can drop off used clothing?  I don't want money, but just to donate it.

Any ideas?

JMfromTOJul 20, 2010 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 4262 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Clothing Donation?
Post 2

There are several charities you can contact -- google for addresses and telephone numbers in Geneva.

Caritas (Catholic church)

Centre social protestant (Protestant church)

Armée du Salut (Salvation Army)

Emmaus (French Christian organization with branches all over the wolrd, including Geneva)

Thzere are others, but perhaps these will give you a start.

All the best, Ritchie

There are several charities you can contact -- google for addresses and telephone numbers in Geneva.

Caritas (Catholic church)

Centre social protestant (Protestant church)

Armée du Salut (Salvation Army)

Emmaus (French Christian organization with branches all over the wolrd, including Geneva)

Thzere are others, but perhaps these will give you a start.

All the best, Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 20, 2010 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

there is one here at the bus stop 6 and 2 Vollandes (going to geneve plage) I think it is also Caritas but the name of the shop is VET SHOP. there is a big drop box there that you can put all your clothing stuff that you dont need anymore.

there is one here at the bus stop 6 and 2 Vollandes (going to geneve plage) I think it is also Caritas but the name of the shop is VET SHOP. there is a big drop box there that you can put all your clothing stuff that you dont need anymore.

lota v, Jul 21, 2010 @ 08:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The ^VET^shops are run by the Geneva Section of the Swiss Red Cross.  Sorry, I forgot to mention them.  There are several collection points in the city.

R

The ^VET^shops are run by the Geneva Section of the Swiss Red Cross.  Sorry, I forgot to mention them.  There are several collection points in the city.

R

Ritchie, Jul 21, 2010 @ 09:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There are definitely tons of places where you can dispose of your unwanted clothes, including Containers throughout the city. Just put in a bag and bounce in the container :-)

There are definitely tons of places where you can dispose of your unwanted clothes, including Containers throughout the city. Just put in a bag and bounce in the container :-)

Matina S, Jul 21, 2010 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 4262 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form