Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Complaint against cablecom

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Complaint against cablecom

I was hoping for some advice. I have been living in Geneva for just 7 weeks and I signed up with Cablecom, which has turned out to be a disaster. When I spoke to their sales person, they assured me that I would get X amount of MBs, and that I would not have to pay any additional money to anybody for access to cable TV or other services. I would just pay my monthly bill to Cablecom and I would get great internet.

Well, the reality is very different. My internet was disconnected two days ago and they kept telling me they would send a technician and instead I got a phone call from Naxoo saying the problem is that I need to sign a separate contract with Naxoo to use the cable that the internet runs through. I was never told this by Cablecom, my connection is very slow, and their customer service is terrible. I am trying to contact a complaints service but keep getting told there is none. I doubt this is true.

Does anybody have experience filing a complaint againt Cablecom, or lodging a dispute against a similar company? I am unsure where to go.

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

I was hoping for some advice. I have been living in Geneva for just 7 weeks and I signed up with Cablecom, which has turned out to be a disaster. When I spoke to their sales person, they assured me that I would get X amount of MBs, and that I would not have to pay any additional money to anybody for access to cable TV or other services. I would just pay my monthly bill to Cablecom and I would get great internet.

Well, the reality is very different. My internet was disconnected two days ago and they kept telling me they would send a technician and instead I got a phone call from Naxoo saying the problem is that I need to sign a separate contract with Naxoo to use the cable that the internet runs through. I was never told this by Cablecom, my connection is very slow, and their customer service is terrible. I am trying to contact a complaints service but keep getting told there is none. I doubt this is true.

Does anybody have experience filing a complaint againt Cablecom, or lodging a dispute against a similar company? I am unsure where to go.

Thanks

Julienne CorbozNov 19, 2014 @ 17:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1613 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Complaint against cablecom
Post 1

I just canceled my contract with cablecom because , what they say on the phone is now what you get from the service. I untimatly sent a registered letter, indicating either provide what they promised or I want the service immediatly stopped.

They sent a letter indicating I must respect the 2month delay, so I had to pay until end of December, I the agian sent a registered letter, and said, why, I sent the registered letter in September and the service must be canceled at the end of November. So thy are either idiots or just always pressing there staff to take advantage of anything they can.

Now I am using Swisscom, they sent everything very quickly and I got the service I wanted, yeah more expesive but Im not upset anymore.

I just canceled my contract with cablecom because , what they say on the phone is now what you get from the service. I untimatly sent a registered letter, indicating either provide what they promised or I want the service immediatly stopped.

They sent a letter indicating I must respect the 2month delay, so I had to pay until end of December, I the agian sent a registered letter, and said, why, I sent the registered letter in September and the service must be canceled at the end of November. So thy are either idiots or just always pressing there staff to take advantage of anything they can.

Now I am using Swisscom, they sent everything very quickly and I got the service I wanted, yeah more expesive but Im not upset anymore.

Dave G, Nov 19, 2014 @ 19:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Cablecom adverts and marketing are very interesting until you find that they can not deliver.

Another thing you need to check if the max speed for your home/area. agian this can be a issue , after you signed a contract. So ask Swisscom, Orange, Cablecom, Naxoo, or other to privide you the actual speeds possible before you sign contracts.

Cablecom adverts and marketing are very interesting until you find that they can not deliver.

Another thing you need to check if the max speed for your home/area. agian this can be a issue , after you signed a contract. So ask Swisscom, Orange, Cablecom, Naxoo, or other to privide you the actual speeds possible before you sign contracts.

Dave G, Nov 19, 2014 @ 19:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Agreed with the above comments; Cablecom are pretty useless. We have decent speed with our internet but it was a mission to get it done finally. If you want to talk to someone face-to-face the best thing to do is go to the Naxoo outlet on Boulevard Georges-Favon; they're pretty helpful over there and can probably assist in getting your problem fixed.

Agreed with the above comments; Cablecom are pretty useless. We have decent speed with our internet but it was a mission to get it done finally. If you want to talk to someone face-to-face the best thing to do is go to the Naxoo outlet on Boulevard Georges-Favon; they're pretty helpful over there and can probably assist in getting your problem fixed.

Anna S, Nov 19, 2014 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Anna, Cablecom is Naxoo. Just an arm of there varous 'top notch' services, heheehehe

Anna, Cablecom is Naxoo. Just an arm of there varous 'top notch' services, heheehehe

Dave G, Nov 19, 2014 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Julienne:

Every bit of infos to be found there:

http://www.upc-cablecom.biz/en/information/biz-kontakt/anschrift-telefonnnummer.htm

also available in English. Send them an email with your client number. Good luck

Julienne:

Every bit of infos to be found there:

http://www.upc-cablecom.biz/en/information/biz-kontakt/anschrift-telefonnnummer.htm

also available in English. Send them an email with your client number. Good luck

Milord, Nov 19, 2014 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks everybody for the comments. It sounds like my best option is to cancel the contract and just move on to a better service provider like Swisscom. Dave, I am worried that if I send letters, the same thing will happen and this will drag on forever and in the mean time I will spend months without internet.

Thanks everybody for the comments. It sounds like my best option is to cancel the contract and just move on to a better service provider like Swisscom. Dave, I am worried that if I send letters, the same thing will happen and this will drag on forever and in the mean time I will spend months without internet.

Julienne Corboz, Nov 20, 2014 @ 09:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Dave, one question. Did you have to also sign a contract with Naxoo when you went with cablecom? Although Cablecom specifies a two month period to cancel ones contract, Naxoo told me that one has to sign a contract for one year and that it is not possible to cancel such a contract before one year. This makes it all very difficult.

Dave, one question. Did you have to also sign a contract with Naxoo when you went with cablecom? Although Cablecom specifies a two month period to cancel ones contract, Naxoo told me that one has to sign a contract for one year and that it is not possible to cancel such a contract before one year. This makes it all very difficult.

Julienne Corboz, Nov 20, 2014 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1613 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form