Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cool places to party in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cool places to party in Geneva?

I'm new in town and haven't yet had much time to investigate the nightlife of Geneve. Few friends of mine are coming to visit here next weekend so I thought someone here could recommend us some preferably not horribly expensive place? We hardly speak french at all, so maybe some kind of an international place?

The text you are quoting:

I'm new in town and haven't yet had much time to investigate the nightlife of Geneve. Few friends of mine are coming to visit here next weekend so I thought someone here could recommend us some preferably not horribly expensive place? We hardly speak french at all, so maybe some kind of an international place?

Tuomo HartonenJun 15, 2010 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

23 Replies | 9919 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cool places to party in Geneva?
Post 1

Depends on what you want. Pub or club? 

Depends on what you want. Pub or club? 

Maria_, Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I guess either one goes :) but if you have several different places in mind... well, it's always good to have plan b!

I guess either one goes :) but if you have several different places in mind... well, it's always good to have plan b!

Tuomo Hartonen, Jun 15, 2010 @ 22:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

For a pub my favorite place now its Spring Brothers. The stuff speaks English. Usefull for people like me with limited French :) Its small and cozy that why i like it. If you want a bigger place with food then clubhouse or pickwicks. As for clubs there is always SIP or Shakers :)

For a pub my favorite place now its Spring Brothers. The stuff speaks English. Usefull for people like me with limited French :) Its small and cozy that why i like it. If you want a bigger place with food then clubhouse or pickwicks. As for clubs there is always SIP or Shakers :)

Maria_, Jun 15, 2010 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ok, thanks Maria_, I think we try one of those then!

And Mikko, I'm involved in those "parties" eight hours a day so I am looking for something less... scientific this time ;)

Ok, thanks Maria_, I think we try one of those then!

And Mikko, I'm involved in those "parties" eight hours a day so I am looking for something less... scientific this time ;)

Tuomo Hartonen, Jun 16, 2010 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

L'usine is pretty cool, depending on the event!

L'usine is pretty cool, depending on the event!

Chris B, Jun 22, 2010 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ok... if you get totally hammered and dont want to go too far then you are best to go to an area called the Paquis.. many cheesey bars there, palais mascotte, 7 arts, shakers (the kind of cringe fest you would avoid at home but when a tourist it's acceptable), clubhouse is OZZY owned and run so it's really cheap, lots of sport and pool table etc too...

Have a great time x

Ok... if you get totally hammered and dont want to go too far then you are best to go to an area called the Paquis.. many cheesey bars there, palais mascotte, 7 arts, shakers (the kind of cringe fest you would avoid at home but when a tourist it's acceptable), clubhouse is OZZY owned and run so it's really cheap, lots of sport and pool table etc too...

Have a great time x

lyndsey j, Jun 22, 2010 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Yes, Paquis is place to enjoy beer in Finnish style. ;) I can warmly recommend the neigborhood o/

As I maybe make too much assumptions based on stereotypes within Finnish people...but still, the other side of the river host's few nice places as well. "Mostly" it is wine sipping, tapas eating mingling followed with horribly priced nightclubs but some nice exceptions have been found :)

You're here more than few months?

Yes, Paquis is place to enjoy beer in Finnish style. ;) I can warmly recommend the neigborhood o/

As I maybe make too much assumptions based on stereotypes within Finnish people...but still, the other side of the river host's few nice places as well. "Mostly" it is wine sipping, tapas eating mingling followed with horribly priced nightclubs but some nice exceptions have been found :)

You're here more than few months?

pepso, Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Enjoying beer in finnish style is easier in France due to low prices! :D

And we actually went to a place called Monte Cristo. It was pretty cool I think, with pleasant staff and everything, BUT they seemed to play only reggaeton! I mean for the entire evening. I guess it's ok if you're a hardcore fan but..

And pepso: I'll stay here only untill the end of august.

Enjoying beer in finnish style is easier in France due to low prices! :D

And we actually went to a place called Monte Cristo. It was pretty cool I think, with pleasant staff and everything, BUT they seemed to play only reggaeton! I mean for the entire evening. I guess it's ok if you're a hardcore fan but..

And pepso: I'll stay here only untill the end of august.

Tuomo Hartonen, Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Reggaeton seems huge over here, I can tolerate it for a bit, bit it doesn't do it for me over a whole night...the music scene here just doesn't match up to the diversity and depth of the UK scene...which is pretty bad as that was such a huge part of my life!

What style of music are you looking for?

Reggaeton seems huge over here, I can tolerate it for a bit, bit it doesn't do it for me over a whole night...the music scene here just doesn't match up to the diversity and depth of the UK scene...which is pretty bad as that was such a huge part of my life!

What style of music are you looking for?

Chris B, Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

sip is not bad

sip is not bad

Anna Z, Jun 22, 2010 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Only problem with enjoying beer in france is that it lacks joy and it is in France Wink

Geneva isn't well known for its vibrant nightclub life nor it is well known for reasonable pricing. Instead I recommend for the summer time joy of the terraces and beer/wine sipping outside after the bars get closed.

Maybe I have seen just wrong sides of this city or then I have just get used to way too good nightlife somewhere else. Shall we try to form a list of ultimate Genevan summer nightlife options to choose for different tastes? Let me start.

1. La Terasse for first few beers to taste the air of the fortcoming evening / night

2. Going to continue evening with few beers in Alhambar before they turn music too loud

3. Checking out l'Usine or Zoo and partying until good

4. Enjoying carefully planned and prepared amount of beer/wine/liquor in Bains des Paquis and watching the sunrise. Maybe evening taking morning swim.

How about that kind of night :)

Only problem with enjoying beer in france is that it lacks joy and it is in France Wink

Geneva isn't well known for its vibrant nightclub life nor it is well known for reasonable pricing. Instead I recommend for the summer time joy of the terraces and beer/wine sipping outside after the bars get closed.

Maybe I have seen just wrong sides of this city or then I have just get used to way too good nightlife somewhere else. Shall we try to form a list of ultimate Genevan summer nightlife options to choose for different tastes? Let me start.

1. La Terasse for first few beers to taste the air of the fortcoming evening / night

2. Going to continue evening with few beers in Alhambar before they turn music too loud

3. Checking out l'Usine or Zoo and partying until good

4. Enjoying carefully planned and prepared amount of beer/wine/liquor in Bains des Paquis and watching the sunrise. Maybe evening taking morning swim.

How about that kind of night :)

pepso, Jun 22, 2010 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi,

if the wheather is fine the Sindy Beach Party this weekend is probably "the" place to be (www.sindy.ch) this Saturday.

Hi,

if the wheather is fine the Sindy Beach Party this weekend is probably "the" place to be (www.sindy.ch) this Saturday.

Florian K, Jun 23, 2010 @ 00:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Everone likes what they likes. I pass those beach parties really far away :)

Everone likes what they likes. I pass those beach parties really far away :)

pepso, Jun 23, 2010 @ 00:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

hello,

This week end the place to be will be "Red Zone Party" in Hotel Richmond...

Enjoy

hello,

This week end the place to be will be "Red Zone Party" in Hotel Richmond...

Enjoy

Tryky, Jun 23, 2010 @ 01:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Pepso...that sounds like an awesome idea...I like the fact you mentioned Zoo, as everyone on here seems to overlook it, I've been there for a fair few things and it's usually pretty cool!

Although they only have decent events every now and then :(

Pepso...that sounds like an awesome idea...I like the fact you mentioned Zoo, as everyone on here seems to overlook it, I've been there for a fair few things and it's usually pretty cool!

Although they only have decent events every now and then :(

Chris B, Jun 23, 2010 @ 08:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Chris, you know, the Glocals/Sindy trademark of "(no trance / no techno)" just makes parties as it makes. Hey come on, like beach parties without proper beach party music?! Doh!, cannot understand...

One of the best parties indeed can be found time to time from Zoo. Unfortunately it is really hard to convince my expat friends to enjoy night in that kind of athmosphere because they have heard that kind of music shouldn't be considered as good ;)

It might be age thing also. Dunno. And now when it came as a topic, I think I might organize above 1.2.3.4. night for the below 30's group at some point whenever/if I have some spare time.

Chris, you know, the Glocals/Sindy trademark of "(no trance / no techno)" just makes parties as it makes. Hey come on, like beach parties without proper beach party music?! Doh!, cannot understand...

One of the best parties indeed can be found time to time from Zoo. Unfortunately it is really hard to convince my expat friends to enjoy night in that kind of athmosphere because they have heard that kind of music shouldn't be considered as good ;)

It might be age thing also. Dunno. And now when it came as a topic, I think I might organize above 1.2.3.4. night for the below 30's group at some point whenever/if I have some spare time.

pepso, Jun 23, 2010 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Where abouts is zoo? It sounds good from what you describe. I haven't come across it yet.

Where abouts is zoo? It sounds good from what you describe. I haven't come across it yet.

john gallagher, Jun 23, 2010 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Actually I'm not so much into one exact genre when I intend to go out and dance. So some degree of diversity would be cool :D

And about drinking beer in the finnish style... I meant that buying the beer from france makes it easier ;)

Actually I'm not so much into one exact genre when I intend to go out and dance. So some degree of diversity would be cool :D

And about drinking beer in the finnish style... I meant that buying the beer from france makes it easier ;)

Tuomo Hartonen, Jun 24, 2010 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Zoo is in the l'Usine building, where you can also find the bar Moloko, next to stand: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=pt-PT&geocode=&q=usine,+geneva,+switzerland&sll=54.525961,15.255119&sspn=130.289511,316.054688&ie=UTF8&hq=usine,&hnear=Genebra,+Gen%C3%A8ve,+Genebra,+Sui%C3%A7a&ll=46.203315,6.138868&spn=0.009816,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Personally, I think La Sip is overrated and Shakers it's... errr... I was thinking in a word other then "bad" to describe it, but my English fails me!

Affordable drinks where you can always have fun no matter with who you are, or how you're dressed, so far, I could only find it in Palais Mascotte, and La Parfumerie.

Zoo is in the l'Usine building, where you can also find the bar Moloko, next to stand: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=pt-PT&geocode=&q=usine,+geneva,+switzerland&sll=54.525961,15.255119&sspn=130.289511,316.054688&ie=UTF8&hq=usine,&hnear=Genebra,+Gen%C3%A8ve,+Genebra,+Sui%C3%A7a&ll=46.203315,6.138868&spn=0.009816,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Personally, I think La Sip is overrated and Shakers it's... errr... I was thinking in a word other then "bad" to describe it, but my English fails me!

Affordable drinks where you can always have fun no matter with who you are, or how you're dressed, so far, I could only find it in Palais Mascotte, and La Parfumerie.

yourVillain, Jun 24, 2010 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

le chat noir Sealed

le chat noir Sealed

basak emirdag, Jun 24, 2010 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

l'Usine (and Zoo/ Moloko) or La Citadelle if you're into the more underground scene. Beer prices are decent.

Or just buy Denners own beer at 50 cents a 1/2 liter can and go drink by the lake side.

l'Usine (and Zoo/ Moloko) or La Citadelle if you're into the more underground scene. Beer prices are decent.

Or just buy Denners own beer at 50 cents a 1/2 liter can and go drink by the lake side.

Heikki L, Jun 27, 2010 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

I think I really have to try that La Citadelle some day...

I think I really have to try that La Citadelle some day...

Tuomo Hartonen, Jun 30, 2010 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I haven't actually read through all posts so sorry if it was there before...here are my suggestions:

- la terrasse/bains des paquis: great place by the lake to hang out and have cheap drinks

- in Paquis there are quite a few bars and pubs Clubhouse, Pickwick's, 7arts, Paki bar and also clubs like Psycho, Palais Mascotte, Shakers

- old town: Spring brothers, Alhambar, a place kind of opposite Alhambar whose name I can't remember (it's a thin long bar, they serve sushi as well)

- and for more expensive clubs there is for example Java, Platinum, La Sip

I haven't actually read through all posts so sorry if it was there before...here are my suggestions:

- la terrasse/bains des paquis: great place by the lake to hang out and have cheap drinks

- in Paquis there are quite a few bars and pubs Clubhouse, Pickwick's, 7arts, Paki bar and also clubs like Psycho, Palais Mascotte, Shakers

- old town: Spring brothers, Alhambar, a place kind of opposite Alhambar whose name I can't remember (it's a thin long bar, they serve sushi as well)

- and for more expensive clubs there is for example Java, Platinum, La Sip

Cati B, Jul 2, 2010 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
23 Replies | 9919 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form