Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cost of getting a picture framed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cost of getting a picture framed

Hi all,

On a recent trip to the States I bought a large print of a photograph that I'd like to have framed. I went to a local framing shop today and was quoted 315 CHF for the job, which seemed quite high to me. Before I spend a bunch of time running around town to different shops getting quotes, I was hoping someone in the glocals community could indicate whether this is normal and I shouldn't expect to do much better, or whether I happened to walk into an upscale place and I would benefit from shopping around a bit more. Many thanks for your help!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

On a recent trip to the States I bought a large print of a photograph that I'd like to have framed. I went to a local framing shop today and was quoted 315 CHF for the job, which seemed quite high to me. Before I spend a bunch of time running around town to different shops getting quotes, I was hoping someone in the glocals community could indicate whether this is normal and I shouldn't expect to do much better, or whether I happened to walk into an upscale place and I would benefit from shopping around a bit more. Many thanks for your help!

Kelcey CJul 14, 2017 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 987 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cost of getting a picture framed
Post 1

What is large?

Try Migros (Micasa). They do an honest job and it's usually cheaper than the pros who don't do anything else.

What is large?

Try Migros (Micasa). They do an honest job and it's usually cheaper than the pros who don't do anything else.

Casuistik, Jul 14, 2017 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

In Manor, I had a rather large photo to be framed, and found, they have/had a framing department. It is in there office and supply section. 

Call them first to just ask. I did have a large that was about 40cm*80cm and it cost me about CHF 80 or 100. but I choose a simple metal frame, and the photo had a white background, that had a square section cut out in middle so the photo shown threw , so it looked more 3d or had depth. 

In Manor, I had a rather large photo to be framed, and found, they have/had a framing department. It is in there office and supply section. 

Call them first to just ask. I did have a large that was about 40cm*80cm and it cost me about CHF 80 or 100. but I choose a simple metal frame, and the photo had a white background, that had a square section cut out in middle so the photo shown threw , so it looked more 3d or had depth. 

Dave G, Jul 16, 2017 @ 04:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks very much for your replies, they're both very hepful! Our photo is around 80 x 100 cm, so it seems we can indeed do better. I'll call Migros and Manor and see if they can give me quotes over the phone. Thanks again!

Thanks very much for your replies, they're both very hepful! Our photo is around 80 x 100 cm, so it seems we can indeed do better. I'll call Migros and Manor and see if they can give me quotes over the phone. Thanks again!

Kelcey C, Jul 16, 2017 @ 10:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 987 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form