Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cranberries for Thanksgiving

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cranberries for Thanksgiving
what's thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce?  does anyone know where I can get some fresh cranberries, not that canned stuff they have at the American Market?  I found some at migros in plainpalais a few weeks ago and stupidly did not buy enough to feed all my guests now they seem to have disappeared!  has anyone seen them anywhere?
The text you are quoting:
what's thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce?  does anyone know where I can get some fresh cranberries, not that canned stuff they have at the American Market?  I found some at migros in plainpalais a few weeks ago and stupidly did not buy enough to feed all my guests now they seem to have disappeared!  has anyone seen them anywhere?
mbgoldstNov 26, 2008 @ 20:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1196 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cranberries for Thanksgiving
Post 1

Coop has some and Migros as well

Coop has some and Migros as well
arj799, Nov 26, 2008 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
And Globus (check in the chiller fridge if they are not on display).
And Globus (check in the chiller fridge if they are not on display).
Verbier, Nov 26, 2008 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
There were plenty in Migros in Nyon this week- in the fridge section next to herbs and salads.
There were plenty in Migros in Nyon this week- in the fridge section next to herbs and salads.
thenixon3, Nov 26, 2008 @ 22:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Has anyone seen them this year?  I am going to check out the markets in PlainPalais tomorrow but do not expect to find any.  If anyone has seen cranberries let me know.  I love making them fresh and not the canned ones we bought in exchange for our first born earlier today.

Thanks

Dan

Has anyone seen them this year?  I am going to check out the markets in PlainPalais tomorrow but do not expect to find any.  If anyone has seen cranberries let me know.  I love making them fresh and not the canned ones we bought in exchange for our first born earlier today.

Thanks

Dan

drleblanc, Nov 21, 2009 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

alternatively ( I realise not the same) you can also do it with dried cranberries as well.  Water, juice from one orange, zest from the orange (the peel) and water with sugar, bring to boil and simmer until thick (may take 1.5 hours).  worked well last year!

alternatively ( I realise not the same) you can also do it with dried cranberries as well.  Water, juice from one orange, zest from the orange (the peel) and water with sugar, bring to boil and simmer until thick (may take 1.5 hours).  worked well last year!

penguina, Nov 22, 2009 @ 09:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I made my dinner yesterday and found fresh cranberries on Saturday at Migros (MPark) in the cooler with fresh herbs, etc....  5.40 the bag.

I made my dinner yesterday and found fresh cranberries on Saturday at Migros (MPark) in the cooler with fresh herbs, etc....  5.40 the bag.

Jessica Rasmussen, Nov 23, 2009 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

This is good advice.  I only thought canned cranberries were available here.  But quit fronting that they are for thanksgiving.  Everyone has used that one in covering up that they really have an UTI.  Ha!Cool

This is good advice.  I only thought canned cranberries were available here.  But quit fronting that they are for thanksgiving.  Everyone has used that one in covering up that they really have an UTI.  Ha!Cool

beofotch, Nov 24, 2009 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1196 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form