Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > DRIVING TO GENEVA TO SELL MY CAR

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
DRIVING TO GENEVA TO SELL MY CAR
QUESTION:  I LIVED IN GENEVA 2 YEARS AND BOUGHT A CAR THERE.   I LEFT THE COUNTRY AND NO LONGER HAVE A RESIDENC PERMIT BUT I STILL HAVE THE CAR WITH SWISS PLATES.  I NEED TO SELL MY CAR,  IS IT POSSIBLE?   ALSO,  WILL I HAVE ANY TROUBLE BRINGING THE CAR INTO SWITZERLAND, I DONT HAVE AN AUTO ROUTE STICKER SO I AM SURE I WILL PAY THE PENALTY.   BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS OK TO SELL MY CAR TO A DEALER.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  I URGENTLY NEED TO UNDERSTAND.  OF COURSE I WILL CALL THE SERVICE DES AUTOMOBILES.  THANKS
The text you are quoting:
QUESTION:  I LIVED IN GENEVA 2 YEARS AND BOUGHT A CAR THERE.   I LEFT THE COUNTRY AND NO LONGER HAVE A RESIDENC PERMIT BUT I STILL HAVE THE CAR WITH SWISS PLATES.  I NEED TO SELL MY CAR,  IS IT POSSIBLE?   ALSO,  WILL I HAVE ANY TROUBLE BRINGING THE CAR INTO SWITZERLAND, I DONT HAVE AN AUTO ROUTE STICKER SO I AM SURE I WILL PAY THE PENALTY.   BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS OK TO SELL MY CAR TO A DEALER.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  I URGENTLY NEED TO UNDERSTAND.  OF COURSE I WILL CALL THE SERVICE DES AUTOMOBILES.  THANKS
jimcarrollAug 2, 2009 @ 23:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 685 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: DRIVING TO GENEVA TO SELL MY CAR
Post 1
You can buy the sticker when you reach the border. Do it there and it will cost only CHF 40. If you get caught, it will cost CHF 140!

I imagine that the car is still registered in CH and you have paid your plates and insurance???

If yes, it is no problem to bring it into CH.
The text you are quoting:
You can buy the sticker when you reach the border. Do it there and it will cost only CHF 40. If you get caught, it will cost CHF 140!

I imagine that the car is still registered in CH and you have paid your plates and insurance???

If yes, it is no problem to bring it into CH.
Verbier, Aug 2, 2009 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 685 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form