Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > De-registration of car

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
De-registration of car

I'm based in Geneva and about to sell my car to someone living in Vaud.

Can anyone please advise me the process of de-registering the car? In general, I know I have to cancel the 'carte gris' and return the number place at the Canton vehicle office in Carogue. But anyone kindly explain to me in detail the forms and documents I need to bring along with me? Is there a form I should fill up, etc? Do I need to make an appointment?

The text you are quoting:

I'm based in Geneva and about to sell my car to someone living in Vaud.

Can anyone please advise me the process of de-registering the car? In general, I know I have to cancel the 'carte gris' and return the number place at the Canton vehicle office in Carogue. But anyone kindly explain to me in detail the forms and documents I need to bring along with me? Is there a form I should fill up, etc? Do I need to make an appointment?

Alexander LFeb 12, 2017 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: De-registration of car
Post 1

I cancelled a carte grise a few months ago.  I just went to the SAN with the carte grise and my ID.  They cancelled it on the spot with no forms and returned it to me stamped "annulée".  If you don't have interchangeable plates or aren't going to register another car you will probably have to return the plates too.  

The text you are quoting:

I cancelled a carte grise a few months ago.  I just went to the SAN with the carte grise and my ID.  They cancelled it on the spot with no forms and returned it to me stamped "annulée".  If you don't have interchangeable plates or aren't going to register another car you will probably have to return the plates too.  

nmcp, Feb 13, 2017 @ 09:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form