Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Dietologist/weight loss Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dietologist/weight loss Geneva
Hi All,

can you suggest a good dietologist or an effective center for weight loss in Geneva?

-10 kg and I'll become gorgeous, he he :)

Thanks for helping!!!

:D

Ange
The text you are quoting:
Hi All,

can you suggest a good dietologist or an effective center for weight loss in Geneva?

Thanks for helping!!!

Ange
angprudNov 25, 2008 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 4126 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dietologist/weight loss Geneva
Post 1
[quote]Hi All,

Thanks for helping!!!

Ange[/quote]

PS Of course sport will come with the diet!
[quote]Hi All,

Thanks for helping!!!

Ange[/quote]

PS Of course sport will come with the diet!
angprud, Nov 25, 2008 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hello Ange,

The best way is a weight management programme offered around the world through NUTRILITE. am sure it'll help u out too !

www.nutrilite.com

If u still need any other assistance let me know.

Cheers

Arpan

hello Ange,

The best way is a weight management programme offered around the world through NUTRILITE. am sure it'll help u out too !

www.nutrilite.com

If u still need any other assistance let me know.

Cheers

Arpan
arpan, Dec 3, 2008 @ 15:46

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I need to lose 10 kilos, too.  I'm thinking the "Eat 6 Times a Day Diet" or calorie counting...  Maybe we can create a group together and meet once a week or twice a month to support/check each other.

I need to lose 10 kilos, too.  I'm thinking the "Eat 6 Times a Day Diet" or calorie counting...  Maybe we can create a group together and meet once a week or twice a month to support/check each other.

Gretchie, Apr 23, 2009 @ 21:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
[quote]I need to lose 10 kilos, too. I'm thinking the "Eat 6 Times a Day Diet" or calorie counting... Maybe we can create a group together and meet once a week or twice a month to support/check each other.

[/quote]

Turns out, this post is very long and tends to the schoolmasterly - forgive me ;-)

My employer hosts the site www.ebalance.ch (only German, I'm afraid - expats are such a neglected market in Switzerland sometimes).

First work-day after christmas, the traffic went through the roof.

But as the saying goes: you don't gain the weight between christmas and new-year, but between new-year and christmas ;-)

Anyway:

The problem with losing weight is that it's actually against our nature.

Losing 10kg is pretty hard and IMO only possible with a rigid sports-program and (drastically) changed eating-habits.

If you want to form a group, by all means go for a walk while you meet, carrying a backpack!

Or meet in the Gym right away, if you think the weather is too bad.

50% of the job of losing weight is in sports-activity.

But the other 50% is in nutrition, the way we buy, prepare and eat food.

If you have a stressful job and have this urge to eat something during the day (which is one of the many sources of the problem), I'd suggest fresh fruit (apples, oranges, grapes in autumn) or vegetables (carrots are good). Eating between meals is healthy - if it's not a whipped cookie ;-)

If you need something sweet, like a tartlet (we all do), go to a wholefood shop (not organic stuff from Migros or Coop, a real wholefood shop) and buy it there. But not everyday. Make it a once-a-week-special.

Migros sells exactly one brand of cookies without sugar (last time I counted - they're good nevertheless). If you "need" a cookie, buy those. They're even supposed to be organic.

If you (literally) can't survive without chocolate, buy Lindt 75% (or more) black chocolate - it's got much less sugar and it will also dampen the urge to eat the whole bar at once (black chocolat is also good for the heart).

Don't buy energy bars (Müsli-Riegel) - they contain so much energy that you'd need to go biking for 2 or 3 hours in the mountains to get rid of it. Because you usually don't, the energy settles elsewhere...

Don't buy Croissants either - the dough contains too much fat. Same for buttered pretzel (more a German thing).

Oh, and drink a lot (of water, obviously). If your work-place doesn't have free water from a water-cooler, just drink tap-water. I think Switzerland is the only country in the world where you can drink any tap-water throughout the country.

Limit alcohol intake to maybe once or twice a week.

Coffee and tea: without sugar only. Also no artifical sugar (aspartam, sorbite, cyclamate) as it stimulates the pancreas and that makes you even more hungry....

Same with Coke et.al.

Generally, food in Switzerland contains too much fat, salt and sugar (same is true for Germany) because historically, the population had to do a lot of hard physical work - burning calories in the process.

Not anymore.

But Äplermakronen, Fondue and sausages are still on the menu. So is Saumagen, Eisbein with Sauerkraut and Leberwurst in Germany.

Nowadays, a soup and a salad would be enough for lunch (but where do you get good soups and an above-average salad that doesn't cost a fortune?)

Ideally (this is one of the things the ebalance.ch suggests, if I'm correct), you would cook your own lunch at home and bring it to work (take-out lunch is usually too fat and too salty).

Personally, I buy most of my food at a wholefood shop. The very high price also helps to ensure that I buy only stuff I really need ;-)

But it's much better quality and the nutritional value is higher, so you generally can eat less of it even though it tastes better.

I also eat two or three times a week at an Asian place that cooks with (relatively) little fat and doesn't overcook their vegetables. Pasta in contrast sometimes leaves me hungry again after an hour...

As I don't live in Geneva, I can't comment on the choices and quality of the various shops - you will have to look for yourself.

http://www.bionetz.ch/biolaeden/adressen/index.php?kanton=GE

(those marked with "B")

I must admit, though, that I'm in a very comfortable position to be able to go to work by bike and burn a lot of calories in that process (because I have to cross a hill).

I hope all this doesn't sound like a rant too much - but back in Germany I had a lot of friends earning much more money than myself, but spending more money on car-fuel per month than on their own food and then wondered why at some point their body reacted strangely...

I'm not a diet-expert - I just like to eat good and feel some more common sense should be applied to the whole subject ;-)
[quote]I need to lose 10 kilos, too. I'm thinking the "Eat 6 Times a Day Diet" or calorie counting... Maybe we can create a group together and meet once a week or twice a month to support/check each other.

[/quote]

Turns out, this post is very long and tends to the schoolmasterly - forgive me ;-)

My employer hosts the site www.ebalance.ch (only German, I'm afraid - expats are such a neglected market in Switzerland sometimes).

First work-day after christmas, the traffic went through the roof.

But as the saying goes: you don't gain the weight between christmas and new-year, but between new-year and christmas ;-)

Anyway:

The problem with losing weight is that it's actually against our nature.

Losing 10kg is pretty hard and IMO only possible with a rigid sports-program and (drastically) changed eating-habits.

If you want to form a group, by all means go for a walk while you meet, carrying a backpack!

Or meet in the Gym right away, if you think the weather is too bad.

50% of the job of losing weight is in sports-activity.

But the other 50% is in nutrition, the way we buy, prepare and eat food.

If you have a stressful job and have this urge to eat something during the day (which is one of the many sources of the problem), I'd suggest fresh fruit (apples, oranges, grapes in autumn) or vegetables (carrots are good). Eating between meals is healthy - if it's not a whipped cookie ;-)

If you need something sweet, like a tartlet (we all do), go to a wholefood shop (not organic stuff from Migros or Coop, a real wholefood shop) and buy it there. But not everyday. Make it a once-a-week-special.

Migros sells exactly one brand of cookies without sugar (last time I counted - they're good nevertheless). If you "need" a cookie, buy those. They're even supposed to be organic.

If you (literally) can't survive without chocolate, buy Lindt 75% (or more) black chocolate - it's got much less sugar and it will also dampen the urge to eat the whole bar at once (black chocolat is also good for the heart).

Don't buy energy bars (Müsli-Riegel) - they contain so much energy that you'd need to go biking for 2 or 3 hours in the mountains to get rid of it. Because you usually don't, the energy settles elsewhere...

Don't buy Croissants either - the dough contains too much fat. Same for buttered pretzel (more a German thing).

Oh, and drink a lot (of water, obviously). If your work-place doesn't have free water from a water-cooler, just drink tap-water. I think Switzerland is the only country in the world where you can drink any tap-water throughout the country.

Limit alcohol intake to maybe once or twice a week.

Coffee and tea: without sugar only. Also no artifical sugar (aspartam, sorbite, cyclamate) as it stimulates the pancreas and that makes you even more hungry....

Same with Coke et.al.

Generally, food in Switzerland contains too much fat, salt and sugar (same is true for Germany) because historically, the population had to do a lot of hard physical work - burning calories in the process.

Not anymore.

But Äplermakronen, Fondue and sausages are still on the menu. So is Saumagen, Eisbein with Sauerkraut and Leberwurst in Germany.

Nowadays, a soup and a salad would be enough for lunch (but where do you get good soups and an above-average salad that doesn't cost a fortune?)

Ideally (this is one of the things the ebalance.ch suggests, if I'm correct), you would cook your own lunch at home and bring it to work (take-out lunch is usually too fat and too salty).

Personally, I buy most of my food at a wholefood shop. The very high price also helps to ensure that I buy only stuff I really need ;-)

But it's much better quality and the nutritional value is higher, so you generally can eat less of it even though it tastes better.

I also eat two or three times a week at an Asian place that cooks with (relatively) little fat and doesn't overcook their vegetables. Pasta in contrast sometimes leaves me hungry again after an hour...

As I don't live in Geneva, I can't comment on the choices and quality of the various shops - you will have to look for yourself.

http://www.bionetz.ch/biolaeden/adressen/index.php?kanton=GE

(those marked with "B")

I must admit, though, that I'm in a very comfortable position to be able to go to work by bike and burn a lot of calories in that process (because I have to cross a hill).

I hope all this doesn't sound like a rant too much - but back in Germany I had a lot of friends earning much more money than myself, but spending more money on car-fuel per month than on their own food and then wondered why at some point their body reacted strangely...

I'm not a diet-expert - I just like to eat good and feel some more common sense should be applied to the whole subject ;-)

rainer_d, Apr 23, 2009 @ 23:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I use this website for food tracking and exercise tracking..... ITS FREE and a way to change a lifestyle - not a fad diet.

sparkpeople.com

HTH!
I use this website for food tracking and exercise tracking..... ITS FREE and a way to change a lifestyle - not a fad diet.

sparkpeople.com

HTH!
sloducky, Apr 28, 2009 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 4126 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form