Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Dissertation support group?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dissertation support group?

Anybody know of or interested in helping to start a group of people writing their dissertations?

I'm a PhD student midway through writing a dissertation in the Humanities for a US university.  Would love to share my work with someone else doing academic writing.

Please let me know if you're interested and what your work is.

The text you are quoting:

Anybody know of or interested in helping to start a group of people writing their dissertations?

I'm a PhD student midway through writing a dissertation in the Humanities for a US university.  Would love to share my work with someone else doing academic writing.

Please let me know if you're interested and what your work is.

Betsy HAug 20, 2010 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 571 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dissertation support group?
Post 1

I will start writing in a week. Just the thought gives me jitters. My deadline is Nov. 20th :P.

Sure I am interesded but cannot spend much time on this as I have to write :) Can you give some details of what you have in mind?

cheers!

I will start writing in a week. Just the thought gives me jitters. My deadline is Nov. 20th :P.

Sure I am interesded but cannot spend much time on this as I have to write :) Can you give some details of what you have in mind?

cheers!

rpravahan, Aug 20, 2010 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I'm thinking of getting together every two weeks or so for maybe an hour and a half in the evening. People share a bit of their writing, and get feedback.  Or e-mail writing ahead of time and then discuss at the meetings.  It'd be great to have about five people.

It would take a bit of time.  I'm amazed that you're beginning to write now, npravahan, and hope to be finished Nov. 20.  I've been writing for over a year and have another year of writing to do. 

I'm thinking of getting together every two weeks or so for maybe an hour and a half in the evening. People share a bit of their writing, and get feedback.  Or e-mail writing ahead of time and then discuss at the meetings.  It'd be great to have about five people.

It would take a bit of time.  I'm amazed that you're beginning to write now, npravahan, and hope to be finished Nov. 20.  I've been writing for over a year and have another year of writing to do. 

Betsy H, Aug 20, 2010 @ 17:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

hey ! I am in ! I am doing a PhD in law . would be great to discuss stuff and get feedback !

hey ! I am in ! I am doing a PhD in law . would be great to discuss stuff and get feedback !

farz b, Aug 20, 2010 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 571 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form