Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Does anyone know where to find free food?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Does anyone know where to find free food?
Hello!

I am a student, and I wont have enough money for food this month, can anyone tell me where to find free food?

Regards
The text you are quoting:
Hello!

I am a student, and I wont have enough money for food this month, can anyone tell me where to find free food?

Regards
camillaworldFeb 5, 2009 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 2531 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Does anyone know where to find free food?
Post 1
You may wish to try the Hospice Général  at www.hg-ge-ch.  They have offices in various quarters of Geneva...:):D
You may wish to try the Hospice Général  at www.hg-ge-ch.  They have offices in various quarters of Geneva...:):D
Translator, Feb 6, 2009 @ 00:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
You must be joking with so easy question - just go on a date every day.
You must be joking with so easy question - just go on a date every day.
aardwolf, Feb 6, 2009 @ 03:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

How am I supposed to do that?? haha

No Im serious!!

How am I supposed to do that?? haha

No Im serious!!
camillaworld, Feb 6, 2009 @ 04:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
there's always the soup kitchens behind the cornivin train station, or in carouge there's a soup kitchen and they serve everyday. or every 3rd saturday if you help out Rob_M and JackieChen with their Feed the Needy venue, you can eat lunch with the helpers afterwards.
there's always the soup kitchens behind the cornivin train station, or in carouge there's a soup kitchen and they serve everyday. or every 3rd saturday if you help out Rob_M and JackieChen with their Feed the Needy venue, you can eat lunch with the helpers afterwards.
YouMeCo, Feb 6, 2009 @ 10:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

You can check out the "Restaurant - Jardin de Montbrillant". Its located just behind the Gare/Station where people take the TGV to Paris. Exactly it is just opposite the Hotel de Montbrillant. They serve food from Monday to Saturday from 12h00-13h00 (not sure about the time in the evenings).  Its a charity run by Carrefour Rue de Geneve.

Jackiechen.

You can check out the "Restaurant - Jardin de Montbrillant". Its located just behind the Gare/Station where people take the TGV to Paris. Exactly it is just opposite the Hotel de Montbrillant. They serve food from Monday to Saturday from 12h00-13h00 (not sure about the time in the evenings).  Its a charity run by Carrefour Rue de Geneve.

Jackiechen.
JackieChen, Feb 6, 2009 @ 11:11

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I am not joking either.

A few years ago I have seen a newspaper article - two groups were supposed to travel around Europe: 2 boys and 2 girls. The rule was not spending any money at all, just ask people on a road for help.

In their destination the girls appeared before schedule, happy and fresh, only once during two weeks they were not sleeping in a bed (they received tents at the beginning of their travel)

The boys were a bit late, tired of sleeping in a forest, and out of 14 days they were eating completely nothing for about 8 days.

So I really do not see your problem, you can go on a date with me this evening.
I am not joking either.

A few years ago I have seen a newspaper article - two groups were supposed to travel around Europe: 2 boys and 2 girls. The rule was not spending any money at all, just ask people on a road for help.

In their destination the girls appeared before schedule, happy and fresh, only once during two weeks they were not sleeping in a bed (they received tents at the beginning of their travel)

The boys were a bit late, tired of sleeping in a forest, and out of 14 days they were eating completely nothing for about 8 days.

So I really do not see your problem, you can go on a date with me this evening.
aardwolf, Feb 6, 2009 @ 11:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
send me a private email [email protected]
send me a private email [email protected]
thenixon3, Feb 6, 2009 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Thankyou everyone for your comments and kind words! I knew there was something around the station, but I couldnt remember where or when it was!

aardwolf it sounds like it could be errm.. fun/challenging, but I really haven't got time to go round looking for people and all that!

Thanks again :)
Thankyou everyone for your comments and kind words! I knew there was something around the station, but I couldnt remember where or when it was!

aardwolf it sounds like it could be errm.. fun/challenging, but I really haven't got time to go round looking for people and all that!

Thanks again :)
camillaworld, Feb 6, 2009 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 2531 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form