Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Driving to London with a family

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Driving to London with a family
hi all,

we are planning to drive to London soon, with ..............................."the kids"

Has anyone any stories to share or any advice to give......I'd be grateful.

Also how do we book the car on to the ferry, and how long does the trip "really" take?

Finally,any tips on where to stay with a family that will be reasonable for a week or so.

Thanks.
The text you are quoting:
hi all,

we are planning to drive to London soon, with ..............................."the kids"

Has anyone any stories to share or any advice to give......I'd be grateful.

Also how do we book the car on to the ferry, and how long does the trip "really" take?

Finally,any tips on where to stay with a family that will be reasonable for a week or so.

Thanks.
bookwormAug 2, 2009 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Driving to London with a family
Post 1
Hello!

We drove back to Brighton about a month ago,with "mini me"(5 years):D

We set off from Geneva at about 4am.We had breaks every 2 hours(coffee and bathroom breaks!)It took us 7 1/2 hours driving time to Calais(so 9 hours door to ferry with 3 breaks)

We booked with p&o ferries online,all quite straight forwarded,just printed out the booking form and got tickets when we got to Calais.

"mini me" did have a small portable dvd player with head phones for her trip(was great,just kept hearing ramdom laughter from the back seat!),she also had a cd player as well,blanket and favourite soft toy.To be honest it wasn't as painful as we thought!!!

Good luck:D

Nookes
The text you are quoting:
Hello!

We drove back to Brighton about a month ago,with "mini me"(5 years):D

We set off from Geneva at about 4am.We had breaks every 2 hours(coffee and bathroom breaks!)It took us 7 1/2 hours driving time to Calais(so 9 hours door to ferry with 3 breaks)

We booked with p&o ferries online,all quite straight forwarded,just printed out the booking form and got tickets when we got to Calais.

"mini me" did have a small portable dvd player with head phones for her trip(was great,just kept hearing ramdom laughter from the back seat!),she also had a cd player as well,blanket and favourite soft toy.To be honest it wasn't as painful as we thought!!!

Good luck:D

Nookes
Nookes, Aug 2, 2009 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form