Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > English-French language exchange wanted

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
English-French language exchange wanted

Hi there, 

I moved out to geneva three months ago from England ( my home country)  and am currently doing a great French language course. However, I'd love to supplement this with a language exchange with someone interested in speaking more english in return for speaking/teaching more French with me (I'm at a pretty basic level!). I live in champel and would love to hear from you. preferably during the day but evenings could work too.

katie

The text you are quoting:

Hi there, 

I moved out to geneva three months ago from England ( my home country)  and am currently doing a great French language course. However, I'd love to supplement this with a language exchange with someone interested in speaking more english in return for speaking/teaching more French with me (I'm at a pretty basic level!). I live in champel and would love to hear from you. preferably during the day but evenings could work too.

katie

katie davisJun 6, 2014 @ 07:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1326 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: English-French language exchange wanted
Post 1

Hi Katie!

Have you found anyone for your language exchange?

Otherwise, I'd love to find a way to help you out with that. I am french and I really need to practise more often my english, so we could maybe work something out together. I am living in the border but working in the very heart of Geneva (Place des Bergues), so let me know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Camille

Hi Katie!

Have you found anyone for your language exchange?

Otherwise, I'd love to find a way to help you out with that. I am french and I really need to practise more often my english, so we could maybe work something out together. I am living in the border but working in the very heart of Geneva (Place des Bergues), so let me know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Camille

Camille W, Jun 11, 2014 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi

I am french learning english so i guess we can be helpful for each other, it's cool that you're free during the day cause i am too and i will be until the end of august. 

Hope to hear from you soon, i'd love to practice english and help in french very much.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Yorick

Hi

I am french learning english so i guess we can be helpful for each other, it's cool that you're free during the day cause i am too and i will be until the end of august. 

Hope to hear from you soon, i'd love to practice english and help in french very much.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Yorick

Yorick Alidra, Jun 11, 2014 @ 15:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello peeps,

I am also looking for a language exchange to improve my French and also for an excuse to have a coffee or beer. :-)  I can offer English.  We could also speak in Spanish if you wish to improve that as well. I am not fluent but my level is ok.  Send me a message if you are interested!

Thanks,

Neil

Hello peeps,

I am also looking for a language exchange to improve my French and also for an excuse to have a coffee or beer. :-)  I can offer English.  We could also speak in Spanish if you wish to improve that as well. I am not fluent but my level is ok.  Send me a message if you are interested!

Thanks,

Neil

neil f, Jul 3, 2014 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey there,

I am also looking to practice French conversation. This seems like a nice group, perhaps we can all get together and divide up time between English and French.

Hey there,

I am also looking to practice French conversation. This seems like a nice group, perhaps we can all get together and divide up time between English and French.

Mehreen O, Jul 3, 2014 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Good evening Katie,

I'm looking to improve my English (I really need it for my work here in gva), I would be happy to help you.

I'm swiss and spanish native, French is not a problem for me.

Actually I also teach IT, so, I can guarantee that I'm very patient ;) (you said you are at basic level, so don't worry)

Let me know if you are interested.

Have a nice WE Katie.

Stefan

Good evening Katie,

I'm looking to improve my English (I really need it for my work here in gva), I would be happy to help you.

I'm swiss and spanish native, French is not a problem for me.

Actually I also teach IT, so, I can guarantee that I'm very patient ;) (you said you are at basic level, so don't worry)

Let me know if you are interested.

Have a nice WE Katie.

Stefan

Stefan M, Jul 4, 2014 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Katie,

if you are still looking for someone let me know!

My office is in Champel, i am French and i really need to improve my English!

Let me know if you are still interested!

Have a nice rainy day!

Emilie

Hi Katie,

if you are still looking for someone let me know!

My office is in Champel, i am French and i really need to improve my English!

Let me know if you are still interested!

Have a nice rainy day!

Emilie

bengali2, Jul 29, 2014 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello there , I am on the same boat . Have basic french B1 level and am desperate to improve .. Can help with my photography / video skills in exchange if anyone's interested .. thanks !

Hello there , I am on the same boat . Have basic french B1 level and am desperate to improve .. Can help with my photography / video skills in exchange if anyone's interested .. thanks !

Ricky Peters, Jul 29, 2014 @ 13:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi everyone,

I arrived in Geneva 3 months Ago with a B2 level in English but a big lack of speaking practice. I'm a french native. I will be pleased to help someone in improving his french and thankfull to improve my english in the same way.

I live in PlainPalais...

If someone is interested, please let me know!

Siham

Hi everyone,

I arrived in Geneva 3 months Ago with a B2 level in English but a big lack of speaking practice. I'm a french native. I will be pleased to help someone in improving his french and thankfull to improve my english in the same way.

I live in PlainPalais...

If someone is interested, please let me know!

Siham

Siham B, Aug 15, 2014 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Everyone,

I'm from NYC and have just moved to Geneva. I would love to improve my French (beginner) in exchange to practice English with anyone looking to improve their English. Also, if anyone know of any good French language programs in the city, please do let me know as well!

Thanks,

Gia 

Hi Everyone,

I'm from NYC and have just moved to Geneva. I would love to improve my French (beginner) in exchange to practice English with anyone looking to improve their English. Also, if anyone know of any good French language programs in the city, please do let me know as well!

Thanks,

Gia 

Gia S, Sep 6, 2014 @ 04:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1326 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form