Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > English Speaking Hair Dresser

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
English Speaking Hair Dresser
I am looking for a good hair stylist that speaks english. My last trip to get my hair cut turned out to be a disaster. Any suggestions?
The text you are quoting:
I am looking for a good hair stylist that speaks english. My last trip to get my hair cut turned out to be a disaster. Any suggestions?
jmkernJan 26, 2007 @ 17:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

51 Replies | 15890 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: English Speaking Hair Dresser
Post 1
Learn French !
Learn French !
Antoine, Jan 26, 2007 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
There is a 25% Discount until the end of Feb with Toni and Guy , I understand they all speak English.

Trev
There is a 25% Discount until the end of Feb with Toni and Guy , I understand they all speak English.

Trev
britabroad, Jan 26, 2007 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
not true at all, cuts start at 90-, h/l's start at 140- , just depends on who you see. Our pricing policy is the same as UK, with different levels of stylist, so if you want to try us you our prices are comparable to the average in Geneva. Plus as a GoL member you get a 25% discount. How much cheaper do you want a haircut! Richard. (TONI&GUY). p.s. I am salon Art Director!
not true at all, cuts start at 90-, h/l's start at 140- , just depends on who you see. Our pricing policy is the same as UK, with different levels of stylist, so if you want to try us you our prices are comparable to the average in Geneva. Plus as a GoL member you get a 25% discount. How much cheaper do you want a haircut! Richard. (TONI&GUY). p.s. I am salon Art Director!
RichardL, Jan 30, 2007 @ 08:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Am looking for a new hairdresser. How much is a blokes cut (simple) at T&G?
Am looking for a new hairdresser. How much is a blokes cut (simple) at T&G?
TobyJ, Jan 31, 2007 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
start at 55- plus your 25% discount.
start at 55- plus your 25% discount.
RichardL, Jan 31, 2007 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
So I went to Tony & Guy. Was quite pleased with the outcome. Would definitely recommend it for any of those that have not been there before.

By the way, Antoine, I did not appreciate your comment. You are quite rude.
So I went to Tony & Guy. Was quite pleased with the outcome. Would definitely recommend it for any of those that have not been there before.

By the way, Antoine, I did not appreciate your comment. You are quite rude.
jmkern, Feb 16, 2007 @ 03:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
here:)

http://www.glocals.com/CityGuide/?reviewID=417&newest=®ionID=14&categoryID=20

[quote]HI -

I'm looking for a really good hairdresser in Geneva or Lausanne. Someone who can do good blond highlights on long hair without frying it, and of course who cuts well. I have been asking around and everyone keeps telling me there is no one, but there must be someone out there that one of you knows about...??? All referrals gratefully received.

Thanks, Amanda[/quote]
here:)

http://www.glocals.com/CityGuide/?reviewID=417&newest=®ionID=14&categoryID=20

[quote]HI -

I'm looking for a really good hairdresser in Geneva or Lausanne. Someone who can do good blond highlights on long hair without frying it, and of course who cuts well. I have been asking around and everyone keeps telling me there is no one, but there must be someone out there that one of you knows about...??? All referrals gratefully received.

Thanks, Amanda[/quote]
albatros, Oct 4, 2008 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
[quote]So I went to Tony & Guy. Was quite pleased with the outcome. Would definitely recommend it for any of those that have not been there before.

By the way, Antoine, I did not appreciate your comment. You are quite rude.[/quote]

He is quite a smartass.
[quote]So I went to Tony & Guy. Was quite pleased with the outcome. Would definitely recommend it for any of those that have not been there before.

By the way, Antoine, I did not appreciate your comment. You are quite rude.[/quote]

He is quite a smartass.
dathrilla, Oct 4, 2008 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

swati.kr, Oct 7, 2008 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
jmkern....

how much tony n guy charged u fr a hair cut....?

jmkern....

how much tony n guy charged u fr a hair cut....?
swati.kr, Oct 7, 2008 @ 21:51

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
I've been to Toni & Guy a couple of times and was pleased with the outcome, although I only got 15% discount with my glocals membership, has it increased to 25%?? Although good haircuts, I think that the general service could improve. I wasn't offered a drink or magazines and depending on who you get they should tell you about the massaging chairs. I didn't like the marketing ploy for the products, the poor lady was trying her best to convince me I really needed a certain shampoo and when you just want to relax whilst having your hair washed, it's not very welcoming. (she wasn't even the one washing my hair!)

On a positive note, Richard is great and made me feel at home since he's also a northerner :D and I can explain exactly what I want and he understands!

Please can you confirm the 25% and I'll be booking another app!

I've been to Toni & Guy a couple of times and was pleased with the outcome, although I only got 15% discount with my glocals membership, has it increased to 25%?? Although good haircuts, I think that the general service could improve. I wasn't offered a drink or magazines and depending on who you get they should tell you about the massaging chairs. I didn't like the marketing ploy for the products, the poor lady was trying her best to convince me I really needed a certain shampoo and when you just want to relax whilst having your hair washed, it's not very welcoming. (she wasn't even the one washing my hair!)

On a positive note, Richard is great and made me feel at home since he's also a northerner :D and I can explain exactly what I want and he understands!

Please can you confirm the 25% and I'll be booking another app!
emma1979, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:07

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
The 25% was an introductory offer over 12 months ago..
The 25% was an introductory offer over 12 months ago..
britabroad, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Antoine was abrupt, it's true. However, it is proper to learn the language of a country where you are living. And saying you've only just arrived does not suffice, unless you are a war refugee.

An American colleague of mine just relocated from Denver to Geneva.

Knowing she was going to relocate, she took the time to learn some basic french phrases.

She makes an effort to conduct her personal business (appointments, hairdressers, shopkeepers) in french, since she moved here to gain international experience. She has asked me things like "How do you say "I've already paid that bill last month!" in French"? I tell her and she remembers that phrase and uses it herself.

She recently prepared for her hairdresser appointment by picking up the important phrases and now she found an Italian hairdresser, Renato, at Coiffeur Convergence of La Praille.

Renato did not relocate to an english speaking country but as he knows not everyone prepares sensibly for relocating like my colleague, he speaks fluent French and English as well as his native Italian.

My colleague insists on speaking French with him, as that's the official Geneva language.

Chapeau to those who show interest and respect for the country in which they have chosen to live!

Antoine was abrupt, it's true. However, it is proper to learn the language of a country where you are living. And saying you've only just arrived does not suffice, unless you are a war refugee.

Knowing she was going to relocate, she took the time to learn some basic french phrases.

She makes an effort to conduct her personal business (appointments, hairdressers, shopkeepers) in french, since she moved here to gain international experience. She has asked me things like "How do you say "I've already paid that bill last month!" in French"? I tell her and she remembers that phrase and uses it herself.

She recently prepared for her hairdresser appointment by picking up the important phrases and now she found an Italian hairdresser, Renato, at Coiffeur Convergence of La Praille.

Renato did not relocate to an english speaking country but as he knows not everyone prepares sensibly for relocating like my colleague, he speaks fluent French and English as well as his native Italian.

My colleague insists on speaking French with him, as that's the official Geneva language.

Chapeau to those who show interest and respect for the country in which they have chosen to live!
MarmarK, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:51

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
There is a great salon in Place Eaux Vives called R-Lab!

Carlos speaks English and French so you can try the basics in French (if you want) and when you need to be specific you can use English! It is only a year old so the salon is  very nice and comfortable (massaging chairs)!  It is 1 of 2 salons in geneve that use a special kind of hair dye without amonia so it is good for your hair! Its affordable too.

R-Lab Sàrl
coiffure
place des Eaux-Vives 1 
1207 Genève

There is a great salon in Place Eaux Vives called R-Lab!

Carlos speaks English and French so you can try the basics in French (if you want) and when you need to be specific you can use English! It is only a year old so the salon is  very nice and comfortable (massaging chairs)!  It is 1 of 2 salons in geneve that use a special kind of hair dye without amonia so it is good for your hair! Its affordable too.

R-Lab Sàrl
coiffure
place des Eaux-Vives 1 
1207 Genève
Briony, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:58

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
why not take the plunge and have your haircut completely in French.. I know it's easier for guys as we don't have the same options , but I prefer having my haircut now in France where it's cheaper (I live across the border) and struggle with a few phrases rather than come into Geneva specifically for English.. Even in English hairdressers can misunderstand, and I know they all have magazines that show the styles.. Pointing and nodding will get you a cut and after a while they'll know you. Remember for most of us hair does grow back :-)
why not take the plunge and have your haircut completely in French.. I know it's easier for guys as we don't have the same options , but I prefer having my haircut now in France where it's cheaper (I live across the border) and struggle with a few phrases rather than come into Geneva specifically for English.. Even in English hairdressers can misunderstand, and I know they all have magazines that show the styles.. Pointing and nodding will get you a cut and after a while they'll know you. Remember for most of us hair does grow back :-)
britabroad, Oct 9, 2008 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
Try Ghislaine - She is on the glocals city guide so you read other peoples experience of her. She cuts my hair and has always done a very good job! and not expensive like going to a salon!
Try Ghislaine - She is on the glocals city guide so you read other peoples experience of her. She cuts my hair and has always done a very good job! and not expensive like going to a salon!
pazzer, Oct 9, 2008 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I agree with you, although Geneva is an international city and inhabited mainly by expats, so the demand for English speaking services is greater. Also some people do not choose to come here, they are on contracts and don't feel the need to learn a language for 12 months.

But yes when we have chosen to live here and are planning on staying for some time then it's more of a benefit to learn the language. You're right there's only one way to learn, and that's to throw yourself in the deep end.Why always search for the easy option.

Any suggestions for hairdressers at a reasonable rate, and speaking french??!! I will come back and let you know how I did!

:P

I agree with you, although Geneva is an international city and inhabited mainly by expats, so the demand for English speaking services is greater. Also some people do not choose to come here, they are on contracts and don't feel the need to learn a language for 12 months.

But yes when we have chosen to live here and are planning on staying for some time then it's more of a benefit to learn the language. You're right there's only one way to learn, and that's to throw yourself in the deep end.Why always search for the easy option.

Any suggestions for hairdressers at a reasonable rate, and speaking french??!! I will come back and let you know how I did!

:P

emma1979, Oct 9, 2008 @ 15:42

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Gishlaine has excellent reviews, but she's very busy, so book in advance. She's mobile too, so you can have a haircut in your home (you just have to clean up afterwards!)

I will certainly be trying her services.

Gishlaine has excellent reviews, but she's very busy, so book in advance. She's mobile too, so you can have a haircut in your home (you just have to clean up afterwards!)

I will certainly be trying her services.
emma1979, Oct 9, 2008 @ 15:45

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
http://www.ecolesuperieuredecoiffure.com/Esc/menu.htm

Found the perfect solution, cheap haircuts, helping other's education and learning french all in 1!

Will be testing it on Samedi, so I'll give some feedback :w00t:

http://www.ecolesuperieuredecoiffure.com/Esc/menu.htm

Found the perfect solution, cheap haircuts, helping other's education and learning french all in 1!

Will be testing it on Samedi, so I'll give some feedback :w00t:
emma1979, Oct 9, 2008 @ 19:11

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
I would not recommend Toni & Guy.....myself and many friends have had bad experiences there....and also at ones in the UK too !

Jean Louis David is normally ok,,,,i have a friends who sing the praises of Charles Royston..Jacques Dessange...Longuerras  & Mods Hair..Maybe u just need to find a salon that u like and that is near you.....there is generally always someone in the salon at best, that can help with the english :)

I would not recommend Toni & Guy.....myself and many friends have had bad experiences there....and also at ones in the UK too !

Jean Louis David is normally ok,,,,i have a friends who sing the praises of Charles Royston..Jacques Dessange...Longuerras  & Mods Hair..Maybe u just need to find a salon that u like and that is near you.....there is generally always someone in the salon at best, that can help with the english :)
uktheturtle, Oct 16, 2008 @ 11:57

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Go to Carlo at RLab, 1 Place des Eaux-Vives. It's also listed in the City Guide section with great reviews. You will love it!

catalin

Go to Carlo at RLab, 1 Place des Eaux-Vives. It's also listed in the City Guide section with great reviews. You will love it!

catalin
catalin, Oct 16, 2008 @ 12:32

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
[/quote]

Hello Amanda. Come in and see me at Toni and Guy. I am new there, from Australia. I consider myself to be a good colourist and can do fab hi lights. Ill be sure to look after you.

Jemma.

[/quote]

Hello Amanda. Come in and see me at Toni and Guy. I am new there, from Australia. I consider myself to be a good colourist and can do fab hi lights. Ill be sure to look after you.

Jemma.

Jemma01, Oct 19, 2008 @ 21:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
why ??

the girl that washed my hair - way too strong and very quick

no offer of a drink

the lady that did my hair the first time used the following phrases quite frequently.... " where are my scissors ? oh yes there they are......( and whilst blowdrying my hair ) " now, what shall we do with this piece here ? ( and not rhetorical, actually wanting me to answer that ! er....your the hair dresser ! ) :w00t:

i went for a second visit... went with someone 'higher up' on the scale.. with the hope that it would be better !?

He cut my hair, completely opposite to what i had asked for...he kept dropping the brush and swearing under his breath, so said he thought it would suit my hair if we finger dried it...my hair actually looked WORSE when i left than when i went in...

again,,,no offer of a drink

why ??

the girl that washed my hair - way too strong and very quick

no offer of a drink

the lady that did my hair the first time used the following phrases quite frequently.... " where are my scissors ? oh yes there they are......( and whilst blowdrying my hair ) " now, what shall we do with this piece here ? ( and not rhetorical, actually wanting me to answer that ! er....your the hair dresser ! ) :w00t:

i went for a second visit... went with someone 'higher up' on the scale.. with the hope that it would be better !?

He cut my hair, completely opposite to what i had asked for...he kept dropping the brush and swearing under his breath, so said he thought it would suit my hair if we finger dried it...my hair actually looked WORSE when i left than when i went in...

again,,,no offer of a drink
uktheturtle, Oct 20, 2008 @ 11:41

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
You should try the training schools for a cut or colour. I know there is one in Lausanne and I have heard fairly good reports. Its about 30ch for a chop.

http://www.academiedecoiffure.ch/Public/index.php

Its worth a try!:)
You should try the training schools for a cut or colour. I know there is one in Lausanne and I have heard fairly good reports. Its about 30ch for a chop.

http://www.academiedecoiffure.ch/Public/index.php

Its worth a try!:)
Eire, Oct 21, 2008 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
Well have just come back from having my hair cut at Toni&Guy,and it was fab as always.:D

I got to talk through how i would like my hair with Jo(who is a excellent cutter and also likes a good natter!)

Then had a chat with Jemma about my colour(again really nice and listened to what i wanted,and was very enthusiastic.)

Had alovely steaming hot cup of coffee and was a very happy bunny with my cut:D
Well have just come back from having my hair cut at Toni&Guy,and it was fab as always.:D

I got to talk through how i would like my hair with Jo(who is a excellent cutter and also likes a good natter!)

Then had a chat with Jemma about my colour(again really nice and listened to what i wanted,and was very enthusiastic.)

Had alovely steaming hot cup of coffee and was a very happy bunny with my cut:D

Nookes, Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
At what price, may I ask?

Thanks
At what price, may I ask?

Thanks
Eire, Oct 23, 2008 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27
Hello All,

I have recently joined Holmes Place and am keen to find a Gym Partner.

Do contact if any one going there is looking too.

I go gyming in the evening on the weekdays at around 7.

Ramana

Hello All,

Ramana
Blueskyreddy, Oct 25, 2008 @ 15:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28
 So, I took the plunge and decided to save some money, have a haircut in french and be a model for a student at the ecole coiffure in Rive. Although I had to wait for about 40 mins to be seen (as they don't book appointments on Saturdays) the outcome was really good. The students are fully supervised and have at least 1 year of experience.

The outcome was great, my hair looked as good as it does when I've been to T&G and I paid 60chf for a cut and some highlights. BARGAIN. I gave the student a tip and made her day!

I also learnt some hairdressing phrases (my swiss bf was also on hand to assist)

The only thing you don't get is a drink, but so what..there is a starbucks nearby..

Excellent suggestion Tinkie, thanks!!

So, I took the plunge and decided to save some money, have a haircut in french and be a model for a student at the ecole coiffure in Rive. Although I had to wait for about 40 mins to be seen (as they don't book appointments on Saturdays) the outcome was really good. The students are fully supervised and have at least 1 year of experience.

The outcome was great, my hair looked as good as it does when I've been to T&G and I paid 60chf for a cut and some highlights. BARGAIN. I gave the student a tip and made her day!

I also learnt some hairdressing phrases (my swiss bf was also on hand to assist)

The only thing you don't get is a drink, but so what..there is a starbucks nearby..

Excellent suggestion Tinkie, thanks!!
emma1979, Oct 27, 2008 @ 10:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29
hi there, my name is Pos and I have a mobile hairdressing business based in Zürich although I am happy to travel down to Geneva and other parts of Switzerland.

Get 3 ladies together who all want a colour+cut and I will do said colour+cut for from,100chf each... Yes you read correctly, cut+colour from,100chf each...

Outside of Zürich, just add the cost of a return train ticket and I will come to you with the same deal. Happy to travel to all areas of Switzerland... I see it as a good chance for me to take in the visiual delights of the country...

look forward to spoiling little groups of ladies in the near future... Did some one mention "Hair, Wine, Cheese, Bikkies and dipps Party"

I bring everything with me including the hair wash basin, vacuum cleaner, towels, colour charts.... the lot! so all you need to do is sit there and relax. no cleaning up after as I will do my best to leave your house looking the way it was before i arrived...

078 774 62 16

Pos
hi there, my name is Pos and I have a mobile hairdressing business based in Zürich although I am happy to travel down to Geneva and other parts of Switzerland.

Get 3 ladies together who all want a colour+cut and I will do said colour+cut for from,100chf each... Yes you read correctly, cut+colour from,100chf each...

Outside of Zürich, just add the cost of a return train ticket and I will come to you with the same deal. Happy to travel to all areas of Switzerland... I see it as a good chance for me to take in the visiual delights of the country...

look forward to spoiling little groups of ladies in the near future... Did some one mention "Hair, Wine, Cheese, Bikkies and dipps Party"

I bring everything with me including the hair wash basin, vacuum cleaner, towels, colour charts.... the lot! so all you need to do is sit there and relax. no cleaning up after as I will do my best to leave your house looking the way it was before i arrived...

078 774 62 16

Pos

Posko, Mar 12, 2009 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30
Jan 26, 07 17:16

To all on this thread - my girlfriend is a unisex mobile hairdresser based In Geneva!

Pls contact me for more info

To all on this thread - my girlfriend is a unisex mobile hairdresser based In Geneva!

Pls contact me for more info

Mitch Graham, Jun 20, 2012 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31
Oct 9, 08 13:38

Agree with Britabroad. 22euro in any of the salons in Val Thoiry shopping centre in France. Wash and cut. A lot of hand signals, and tadaaa looking good. I have got my crop cut in countries all around the world, for a guy its not science.

But just an fyi if you do learn a few quick words in french before the cut, ya might get just that little bit gentler service Wink

I do miss the british and Irish old style barber shop, so thats my treat when I'm back on one of the Islands.

Agree with Britabroad. 22euro in any of the salons in Val Thoiry shopping centre in France. Wash and cut. A lot of hand signals, and tadaaa looking good. I have got my crop cut in countries all around the world, for a guy its not science.

But just an fyi if you do learn a few quick words in french before the cut, ya might get just that little bit gentler service Wink

I do miss the british and Irish old style barber shop, so thats my treat when I'm back on one of the Islands.

Kevin M, Jun 21, 2012 @ 10:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

I highly recommend Le 23eme Lieu in Eaux-Vives:

http://le23emelieu.ch/

It isn't cheap, but the salon is beautiful and I've always had great service there.  The receptionist speaks English and can arrange for you to see a hairdresser who speaks English. I get my hair cut by Laurence (sp?), who is really sweet and she always gives me great cuts.  I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an English-speaking hairdresser.

I highly recommend Le 23eme Lieu in Eaux-Vives:

http://le23emelieu.ch/

It isn't cheap, but the salon is beautiful and I've always had great service there.  The receptionist speaks English and can arrange for you to see a hairdresser who speaks English. I get my hair cut by Laurence (sp?), who is really sweet and she always gives me great cuts.  I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an English-speaking hairdresser.

T O, Nov 6, 2012 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

The hair dressers in Globus was good and English-speaking

The hair dressers in Globus was good and English-speaking

Steven T, Nov 7, 2012 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Saint-Genis or Val Thoiry thats not too expensive? I only want a pretty standard guys hair cut (basically just cut it a lot shorter, no style changes etc). There seem to be quite a lot of choices so advice might be better than randomly picking one...:)

Thanks!

Mark

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Saint-Genis or Val Thoiry thats not too expensive? I only want a pretty standard guys hair cut (basically just cut it a lot shorter, no style changes etc). There seem to be quite a lot of choices so advice might be better than randomly picking one...:)

Thanks!

Mark

Mark H, Nov 10, 2012 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Hello Amanda,

I know it's a bit late but I have just read that you were desperately looking for an english speaking

Hairdressers! I invite you to go on our home page extracoiffure.ch.  We are fluent english speaking and Dominique, our senior stylist, has worked and trained at Vidal Sassoon's for 8 years in London.  We are very central (just 1 min from Manor) and our team is very friendly and welcoming! We pride ourselves in the quality of our work in haircutting and colouring.

Look forward to meeting you!

Jeanine

Hello Amanda,

I know it's a bit late but I have just read that you were desperately looking for an english speaking

Hairdressers! I invite you to go on our home page extracoiffure.ch.  We are fluent english speaking and Dominique, our senior stylist, has worked and trained at Vidal Sassoon's for 8 years in London.  We are very central (just 1 min from Manor) and our team is very friendly and welcoming! We pride ourselves in the quality of our work in haircutting and colouring.

Look forward to meeting you!

Jeanine

jeanine, Dec 27, 2013 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

I know this post is old but I had to warn of my very bad experience at Toni & Guy.  I had my colour done, the colourist basically went too dark on my scalp, when I went to have my hair cut with Richard I was rushed back to the basin to have it rinsed. I called the salon to explain my situation as I needed to get it fixed again.  The whole experience was really unprofessional; the receptionist and fellow stylists interrupted my appointment all the way through to try and fix their appointment agendas and were just basically rude. Richard is fine, and cuts well but was also rushed off his feet it seems, the salon is certainly not relaxed .  The receptionist was kind enough to find me an appointment however she did not pass on all the information to the colourist that was taking care of me or the stylist.  I explained yet again what had happened.  Basically my scalp colour was a mess.  That colourist had unsurprisingly since been sacked as I went to try and get the colour rectified, the new colourist is Scottish and I can't remember his name, I think Declan, he was brilliant and I only wish he'd worked there before. He fixed my colour but for a bill of 450 CHF (cut and colour!!) for Toni & Guy's mistake, I paid less for this at my former hairdresser in NYC - Nick Arrojo.  The receptionist basically had not talked to the manager or conveyed the problem and neither had the team and quite honestly they didn't care at all.  I would go back to the lovely great young colourist but really after that treatment that's all that salon has got going for them - Still looking for a good hairdressers I don't care, English or French speaking will do!

I know this post is old but I had to warn of my very bad experience at Toni & Guy.  I had my colour done, the colourist basically went too dark on my scalp, when I went to have my hair cut with Richard I was rushed back to the basin to have it rinsed. I called the salon to explain my situation as I needed to get it fixed again.  The whole experience was really unprofessional; the receptionist and fellow stylists interrupted my appointment all the way through to try and fix their appointment agendas and were just basically rude. Richard is fine, and cuts well but was also rushed off his feet it seems, the salon is certainly not relaxed .  The receptionist was kind enough to find me an appointment however she did not pass on all the information to the colourist that was taking care of me or the stylist.  I explained yet again what had happened.  Basically my scalp colour was a mess.  That colourist had unsurprisingly since been sacked as I went to try and get the colour rectified, the new colourist is Scottish and I can't remember his name, I think Declan, he was brilliant and I only wish he'd worked there before. He fixed my colour but for a bill of 450 CHF (cut and colour!!) for Toni & Guy's mistake, I paid less for this at my former hairdresser in NYC - Nick Arrojo.  The receptionist basically had not talked to the manager or conveyed the problem and neither had the team and quite honestly they didn't care at all.  I would go back to the lovely great young colourist but really after that treatment that's all that salon has got going for them - Still looking for a good hairdressers I don't care, English or French speaking will do!

Laura G, May 6, 2014 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37
Learn French !
Jan 26, 07 18:11

can you recommend a good course for hairdressing vocab?

can you recommend a good course for hairdressing vocab?

bearded09, Feb 24, 2015 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Dear Richard, could you let me know where i can find u, please. My e-mail is: [email protected].

thanks in advance,

Bondareva Anna

Dear Richard, could you let me know where i can find u, please. My e-mail is: [email protected].

thanks in advance,

Bondareva Anna

Anna B, May 4, 2015 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Jemma, where do u work now? I also try to find Richard, could let me know please. Tnx, Bondareva   Anna

Jemma, where do u work now? I also try to find Richard, could let me know please. Tnx, Bondareva   Anna

Anna B, May 4, 2015 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40
Jan 30, 07 08:40

Dear Richard, could u let me know where i can find u, please.

my e-mail: [email protected]

Bondareva Anna

Dear Richard, could u let me know where i can find u, please.

my e-mail: [email protected]

Bondareva Anna

Anna B, May 4, 2015 @ 22:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Hey everyone, I'm reviving this thread. DOes anyone have any recommendations on a hairdresser who speaks english in GVA or even Versoix area?

Cheers,

Tina

Hey everyone, I'm reviving this thread. DOes anyone have any recommendations on a hairdresser who speaks english in GVA or even Versoix area?

Cheers,

Tina

Tina B, Jun 10, 2023 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Hello Tina

please look us up on Extra Coiffure in Geneva!

We speak fluent english.

we look foward to your visit!

jeanine

Hello Tina

please look us up on Extra Coiffure in Geneva!

We speak fluent english.

we look foward to your visit!

jeanine

jeanine, Jun 12, 2023 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Thanks Jeanine!

Thanks Jeanine!

Tina B, Jun 18, 2023 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44
Jan 30, 07 08:40

I don't know how much cheaper he wants to get his hair cut but there are plenty of places where he can do it for 20-25.- ;-)

I don't know how much cheaper he wants to get his hair cut but there are plenty of places where he can do it for 20-25.- ;-)

Wojtek W, Jun 20, 2023 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45
Learn French !
Jan 26, 07 18:11

Laughing

Laughing

Wojtek W, Jun 20, 2023 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

Oct 9, 08 12:51

Bravo!

Bravo!

Wojtek W, Jun 20, 2023 @ 12:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47
Hello All,

Ramana
Oct 25, 08 15:38

After or before hair cut?Laughing

After or before hair cut?Laughing

Wojtek W, Jun 20, 2023 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

Hi Wojtek

You are responding to very old messages... Tongue Out

T

Hi Wojtek

You are responding to very old messages... Tongue Out

T

Tina B, Jun 20, 2023 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

Hi,

Yours is not that old;-) 

Your reactivation alowed me to read almost all:-)

Take care,

W.

Hi,

Yours is not that old;-) 

Your reactivation alowed me to read almost all:-)

Take care,

W.

Wojtek W, Jun 20, 2023 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
51 Replies | 15890 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form