Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > English swimming lessons for kids

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
English swimming lessons for kids

Hello,

I know previous threads have discussed this, but they were a while ago. 

We live in Thonex, Geneva and want to find either private swimming or group lessons for my children preferably in english in the Geneva area.

I have been doing an internet search but it is not very informative and as a parent I would prefer recommendations.

Thank you

Fatima

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I know previous threads have discussed this, but they were a while ago. 

We live in Thonex, Geneva and want to find either private swimming or group lessons for my children preferably in english in the Geneva area.

I have been doing an internet search but it is not very informative and as a parent I would prefer recommendations.

Thank you

Fatima

fatima saunders-kaziApr 8, 2015 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 4899 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: English swimming lessons for kids
Post 1

Natation Ecole in Varembe and Vernier, the two pools managed by the city of Geneva, offer classes year round for children and adults. Some courses are offered by instructors that speak English.

Dauphins offers courses for babies, children and adults, as well as advanced synchronized swimming in Meyrin and Avanchets.

Meyrin offers courses Monday thru Friday after school hours.

Natation Ecole in Varembe and Vernier, the two pools managed by the city of Geneva, offer classes year round for children and adults. Some courses are offered by instructors that speak English.

Dauphins offers courses for babies, children and adults, as well as advanced synchronized swimming in Meyrin and Avanchets.

Meyrin offers courses Monday thru Friday after school hours.

nickg_44, Apr 15, 2015 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The commune of Thônex has an indoor and an outdoor pool, where your children can have lessons, probably for a modest fee as you are resident in the commune.

I think the address is 8 chemin Marcelley but you can check this on google or phone or visit the Mairie.

Best wishes, R.

The commune of Thônex has an indoor and an outdoor pool, where your children can have lessons, probably for a modest fee as you are resident in the commune.

I think the address is 8 chemin Marcelley but you can check this on google or phone or visit the Mairie.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Apr 15, 2015 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Best wishes, R.

Apr 15, 15 15:24

We have used this pool Ritchie mentions...very nice facilities and I would recommend having a look. They have a lot of flyers at the reception outlining all the programs.

We have used this pool Ritchie mentions...very nice facilities and I would recommend having a look. They have a lot of flyers at the reception outlining all the programs.

Jeffery S, Apr 15, 2015 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi!  Does anyone know of a swimming instructor (private) who can give lessons to a 3-year-old?  English or French (or German) speaking is fine, thank you!

Hi!  Does anyone know of a swimming instructor (private) who can give lessons to a 3-year-old?  English or French (or German) speaking is fine, thank you!

Dheepa R, May 28, 2015 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Fatima, 

www.redwhale.ch   has swimming lessons in English in Geneva  from 3 months of age to adults. 

Hi Fatima, 

www.redwhale.ch   has swimming lessons in English in Geneva  from 3 months of age to adults. 

Michael E, Jul 27, 2018 @ 00:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Fatima, 

Jul 27, 18 00:28

Let’s hope that Fatima’s children have long since become competent swimmers by now.

Let’s hope that Fatima’s children have long since become competent swimmers by now.

Ritchie, Jul 27, 2018 @ 06:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I can personally vouch for the English and French native speaking www.redwhale.ch team as highly trained professionals who have developed their own humanistic and effective teaching strategies, totally unlike the Swiss swim intructing style of teaching from afar without getting wet. I cannot recommend them highly enough and also recommend booking well in advance because they're usually pretty much booked out.

I can personally vouch for the English and French native speaking www.redwhale.ch team as highly trained professionals who have developed their own humanistic and effective teaching strategies, totally unlike the Swiss swim intructing style of teaching from afar without getting wet. I cannot recommend them highly enough and also recommend booking well in advance because they're usually pretty much booked out.

derek grimes, Jul 28, 2018 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 4899 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form