Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Etat de lieu - same apartment, new regie/admin

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Etat de lieu - same apartment, new regie/admin

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. To make a long story short, I have lived in the same apartment for four years, and recently learned that the administration of the lease is switching from an agency to the regie directly. That's all fine, and everyone involved has been great.

The question I have is about the etat de lieu. I've been told that I'll need to do another one, although I already live here, given that the lease administration is changing hands. Naturally the apartment has some small marks on the walls, has paintings up, etc., that comes from living here a long time. I'm not sure how that will be interpreted by the regie. Anyone been through a similar experience? Advice, recommendations? I have a great regie and I'm sure they'll be helpful and fair, but I just want to be as prepared as possible to facilitate the process.

Best,

Sofia

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. To make a long story short, I have lived in the same apartment for four years, and recently learned that the administration of the lease is switching from an agency to the regie directly. That's all fine, and everyone involved has been great.

The question I have is about the etat de lieu. I've been told that I'll need to do another one, although I already live here, given that the lease administration is changing hands. Naturally the apartment has some small marks on the walls, has paintings up, etc., that comes from living here a long time. I'm not sure how that will be interpreted by the regie. Anyone been through a similar experience? Advice, recommendations? I have a great regie and I'm sure they'll be helpful and fair, but I just want to be as prepared as possible to facilitate the process.

Best,

Sofia

Sofia BJul 27, 2017 @ 01:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1156 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Etat de lieu - same apartment, new regie/admin
Post 1
Sorry, no personal eperience of this, myself,  but you could go ask here
(You will have to join and pay 70F plus 20F  to open dossier, this will cover you for a year in case you need to go back for  advice for any reason. Be aware that this subscription renews automaticall fter a year if you do not cancel in time)

ASLOCA-GENEVE
Rue du Lac 12 (3e étage)
Eaux-Vives

Adresse postale:
Case postale 6150
1211 Genève 6
Tél. : 022 716 18 00
Fax : 022 716 18 05
E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.asloca.ch/geneve/

Horaires de permanence sans RV:

lundi 16:30–18:00
mardi 16:30–18:00
mercredi 12:30–13:30
jeudi 16:30–18:00
vendredi 12:30–13:30
samedi Fermé
dimanche Fermé
L’ASLOCA ne donne pas de renseignements juridiques par téléphone.

(would phone them to see that the hours are unchanged during the holiday months).

Also it's good to go fairly early as can be busy and take something to read or or similar.

Sorry, no personal eperience of this, myself,  but you could go ask here
(You will have to join and pay 70F plus 20F  to open dossier, this will cover you for a year in case you need to go back for  advice for any reason. Be aware that this subscription renews automaticall fter a year if you do not cancel in time)

ASLOCA-GENEVE
Rue du Lac 12 (3e étage)
Eaux-Vives

Adresse postale:
Case postale 6150
1211 Genève 6
Tél. : 022 716 18 00
Fax : 022 716 18 05
E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.asloca.ch/geneve/

Horaires de permanence sans RV:

lundi 16:30–18:00
mardi 16:30–18:00
mercredi 12:30–13:30
jeudi 16:30–18:00
vendredi 12:30–13:30
samedi Fermé
dimanche Fermé
L’ASLOCA ne donne pas de renseignements juridiques par téléphone.

(would phone them to see that the hours are unchanged during the holiday months).

Also it's good to go fairly early as can be busy and take something to read or or similar.

TogJay, Jul 29, 2017 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

should read   "automatically after a year"

should read   "automatically after a year"

TogJay, Jul 29, 2017 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

.. another correction.. (!!)  Subscriptions each year run Jan-Dec apparently

.. another correction.. (!!)  Subscriptions each year run Jan-Dec apparently

TogJay, Jul 29, 2017 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

> I've been told that I'll need to do another one, although I already live here, given that the lease administration is changing hands.

Who told you that? This is nonsense. Your old état des lieux is supposed to have been passed from the old Régie to the new, along with all the rest of paperwork. There's nothing you need to do.

Note that the Régie cannot force you neither to do a new état des lieux nor to open your apartment for them to visit, unless there are reasons to believe you've been damaging it (smashing walls, etc.)

> I've been told that I'll need to do another one, although I already live here, given that the lease administration is changing hands.

Who told you that? This is nonsense. Your old état des lieux is supposed to have been passed from the old Régie to the new, along with all the rest of paperwork. There's nothing you need to do.

Note that the Régie cannot force you neither to do a new état des lieux nor to open your apartment for them to visit, unless there are reasons to believe you've been damaging it (smashing walls, etc.)

TheOmegaMan, Aug 6, 2017 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks for the note! The person handling my dossier at my regie told me that they would need a new one, which did seem unusual as I already live here. Should I ask Asloca to get involved?

Thanks for the note! The person handling my dossier at my regie told me that they would need a new one, which did seem unusual as I already live here. Should I ask Asloca to get involved?

Sofia B, Aug 6, 2017 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

It's up to you if you have the time to queue at ASLOCA. I'd wait until the Régie sends you a formal letter. However, being a member of ASLOCA is always a good idea.

It's up to you if you have the time to queue at ASLOCA. I'd wait until the Régie sends you a formal letter. However, being a member of ASLOCA is always a good idea.

TheOmegaMan, Aug 6, 2017 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

That sounds good, thanks very much!

That sounds good, thanks very much!

Sofia B, Aug 6, 2017 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello,

As said by TheOmegaMan, your old état des lieux should be transfered from the old régie to the new one, u shouldn't be impacted. and I don't think u have any obligation towards their transfer.

If I were you, if they insist, ask them for an official reason to why they need to do another état des lieux and take that to ASLOCA.

Hello,

As said by TheOmegaMan, your old état des lieux should be transfered from the old régie to the new one, u shouldn't be impacted. and I don't think u have any obligation towards their transfer.

If I were you, if they insist, ask them for an official reason to why they need to do another état des lieux and take that to ASLOCA.

Sinan, Aug 7, 2017 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I spend most of my life in Geneva, lived in appartments which regie changed several times and never heard of such a case. They are obviously trying to push the boundaries.

Two pieces of advice:

-You're in Switzerland, it's generally more efficient to do things the polite, non agressive way ("I am afraid that there is a small confusion... blablabla")

-You should talk to your neighbours. It will be much easier to make the régie give up if, let's say, 5 neighbours refuse  their demand that if you are alone.

Keep us informed of the result !

I spend most of my life in Geneva, lived in appartments which regie changed several times and never heard of such a case. They are obviously trying to push the boundaries.

Two pieces of advice:

-You're in Switzerland, it's generally more efficient to do things the polite, non agressive way ("I am afraid that there is a small confusion... blablabla")

-You should talk to your neighbours. It will be much easier to make the régie give up if, let's say, 5 neighbours refuse  their demand that if you are alone.

Keep us informed of the result !

Bustan_A, Aug 7, 2017 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

porbably there have been problems around the handover from the previous regie to the new one...they may not received the documents.

porbably there have been problems around the handover from the previous regie to the new one...they may not received the documents.

Reka Y, Aug 7, 2017 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I think I should join Asloca. You just have to pay chf 90 first year. Then just chf 70 next year if you need it.

I found one lawyer Mr. ROMAN SEITENFUS who is most professional and have solved my problem with Regie. He is available only Monday and Thursday from 16:30 to 18:00.

But BE CAREFUL to cancel it just before finish of year. Because the subscription is for yearly.

Best of luck

I think I should join Asloca. You just have to pay chf 90 first year. Then just chf 70 next year if you need it.

I found one lawyer Mr. ROMAN SEITENFUS who is most professional and have solved my problem with Regie. He is available only Monday and Thursday from 16:30 to 18:00.

But BE CAREFUL to cancel it just before finish of year. Because the subscription is for yearly.

Best of luck

Sam D, Aug 7, 2017 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1156 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form