Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Excessive arival charges on freight?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Excessive arival charges on freight?
 Hi everyone,
I've recently arrived in Geneva and had a box of stuff shipped from Sri Lanka. I chose to send it to Marseille and pick it up from there as this was much cheaper than sending it to Geneva (I am living in Ferney Voltaire at the moment anyway so no customs issues).

For some reason the shipping company put the box on a ship to Le Havre. They will truck it to Marseille but only if I pay arrival charges of about 400 euros for 1 m3 of freight. They claim this is usual handling charges and not related to trucking from Le Havre, but it seems excessive to me.

Does anyone have any experience of this? What is a reasonable amount of arrival charges?

Thanks for any help,

Adam
The text you are quoting:
 Hi everyone,
I've recently arrived in Geneva and had a box of stuff shipped from Sri Lanka. I chose to send it to Marseille and pick it up from there as this was much cheaper than sending it to Geneva (I am living in Ferney Voltaire at the moment anyway so no customs issues).

For some reason the shipping company put the box on a ship to Le Havre. They will truck it to Marseille but only if I pay arrival charges of about 400 euros for 1 m3 of freight. They claim this is usual handling charges and not related to trucking from Le Havre, but it seems excessive to me.

Does anyone have any experience of this? What is a reasonable amount of arrival charges?

Thanks for any help,

Adam
adam_jeffAug 19, 2009 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 592 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 592 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form