Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Fair wear and tear - apartment rental.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Fair wear and tear - apartment rental.

After seven years of renting an aparmtent and getting ready for the etat de lieu inspection, can anyone give me an idea of what is considered fair usage? I've searched the forums for this, but haven't found anything specific. Except for the stories of large bills and dedutions for work undetaken by regies.

THanks for any help, as usual.

The text you are quoting:

After seven years of renting an aparmtent and getting ready for the etat de lieu inspection, can anyone give me an idea of what is considered fair usage? I've searched the forums for this, but haven't found anything specific. Except for the stories of large bills and dedutions for work undetaken by regies.

THanks for any help, as usual.

bearded09Dec 4, 2016 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1195 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Fair wear and tear - apartment rental.
Post 1

Your responsibility for such gets reduced with one tenth per year, so 7/10 of whatever works will be required to get the flat back to your move-in standard ( as per the entry inspection form) after your departure are hence as per now on the owner and provided, of course, that there are no damages directly caused by your negligence or lack of "normal" due care and diligence, say by roller-blading on the salon parquet floors, using ceilings for dart boards, or other such :o) 

Your responsibility for such gets reduced with one tenth per year, so 7/10 of whatever works will be required to get the flat back to your move-in standard ( as per the entry inspection form) after your departure are hence as per now on the owner and provided, of course, that there are no damages directly caused by your negligence or lack of "normal" due care and diligence, say by roller-blading on the salon parquet floors, using ceilings for dart boards, or other such :o) 

Eva D, Dec 4, 2016 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi....sorry for the delay in thanking you. I've tried to keepp roller-blding to a minimum :) I'm just a bit paranoid about our ridiculous regie.

Kindest thanks,

Hi....sorry for the delay in thanking you. I've tried to keepp roller-blding to a minimum :) I'm just a bit paranoid about our ridiculous regie.

Kindest thanks,

bearded09, Dec 11, 2016 @ 14:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is a long list of minimum renovation requirements that a regie should undertake periodically. For example re-sanding and varnishing of a solid wood parquet should be done very 10 years. ASLOCA can advise better than me but if these delays have passed without work being done you should not face charges.

The list is PDF so email me sam (at) wood-house.ch and I can send it to you.

Cheers

Sam

There is a long list of minimum renovation requirements that a regie should undertake periodically. For example re-sanding and varnishing of a solid wood parquet should be done very 10 years. ASLOCA can advise better than me but if these delays have passed without work being done you should not face charges.

The list is PDF so email me sam (at) wood-house.ch and I can send it to you.

Cheers

Sam

SamW, Dec 11, 2016 @ 14:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

As a general rule in most cantons of Swiss Romande there is a Normal Wear-and-Tear rule opposed to Abusive Wear-and-Tear rule. You can find a sacred rule of thumbs  on paper which is a guideline given by Federation Romande

http://www.asloca.ch/sites/default/files/documents/Tabelle_avertissement.pdf

Should be helpful. LAst but not least consider judicial help if necessary

As a general rule in most cantons of Swiss Romande there is a Normal Wear-and-Tear rule opposed to Abusive Wear-and-Tear rule. You can find a sacred rule of thumbs  on paper which is a guideline given by Federation Romande

http://www.asloca.ch/sites/default/files/documents/Tabelle_avertissement.pdf

Should be helpful. LAst but not least consider judicial help if necessary

Milord, Dec 15, 2016 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1195 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form