Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Finding part time work as English teacher/babysitter

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Finding part time work as English teacher/babysitter

Hi all, 

I am moving to Geneva in September to study an MA at the University of Geneva. I am hoping to find some part time work alongside my studies. I am TEFL qualified, and would love to find some work as an English teacher. Can anyone provide any advice of the best way to go about this - are there any websites you can recommend that are used to offer private classes? 

I have also heard that there is a fair demand for babysitters in the city. Can anyone direct me to the best place to look for these opportunities? 

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

Hollie 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

I am moving to Geneva in September to study an MA at the University of Geneva. I am hoping to find some part time work alongside my studies. I am TEFL qualified, and would love to find some work as an English teacher. Can anyone provide any advice of the best way to go about this - are there any websites you can recommend that are used to offer private classes? 

I have also heard that there is a fair demand for babysitters in the city. Can anyone direct me to the best place to look for these opportunities? 

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

Hollie 

Hollie AdcockAug 6, 2017 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1106 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Finding part time work as English teacher/babysitter
Post 1

Dear Madam, 

i contact you since I am looking for an English teacher/nanny for my young boys to teach them English and pick them at school (we live in Pâquis and the school is in Champel) would you have any advice or anyone to recommend?

approx 15/20h per week, hourly fee is 20chf.

thank you very Muxh in advance for your response

kind regards

ameie D

Dear Madam, 

i contact you since I am looking for an English teacher/nanny for my young boys to teach them English and pick them at school (we live in Pâquis and the school is in Champel) would you have any advice or anyone to recommend?

approx 15/20h per week, hourly fee is 20chf.

thank you very Muxh in advance for your response

kind regards

ameie D

Amelie D, Aug 17, 2018 @ 06:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Hollie, Migros club Ecole andn the other language schoolsl reopen in september and some of them might still require English teachers Otherwise you can do a search and find lots of online teaching positions, often unreliably or badly paid and mostly teaching chinese children, and some good advice from other teachers who set themselves up teaching privately online, one on one. If i wanted to teach any longer than a few months i would set myself up independently, the best thing of which is that you can choose who you teach when, and you set your own rates. I'll message you if I come across further info, all the best.. Derek

Hi Hollie, Migros club Ecole andn the other language schoolsl reopen in september and some of them might still require English teachers Otherwise you can do a search and find lots of online teaching positions, often unreliably or badly paid and mostly teaching chinese children, and some good advice from other teachers who set themselves up teaching privately online, one on one. If i wanted to teach any longer than a few months i would set myself up independently, the best thing of which is that you can choose who you teach when, and you set your own rates. I'll message you if I come across further info, all the best.. Derek

derek grimes, Aug 17, 2018 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

HI Hollie

My school is looking to hire English teachers part time so if you are allowed to work in Geneva then pls send me your CV/Cover Letter on [email protected]

Thanks!

HI Hollie

My school is looking to hire English teachers part time so if you are allowed to work in Geneva then pls send me your CV/Cover Letter on [email protected]

Thanks!

Rachelle P, Aug 17, 2018 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1106 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form