Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Flat sublease and the OCPM

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Flat sublease and the OCPM

Hi all,

I might be away for a couple of months and was considering subletting my flat to someone.  I'm an international registered at the address with the OCPM, and the person I'm subletting to may need to register himself at the address with the OCPM as well.  If I make the sublease, I was wondering whether I would in any way no longer be registered at the address for the duration of the sublease.  For all administrative purposes, I certainly do not want to lose my address registration, so I just wanted to make sure this is safe before I proceed with the sublease.  Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I might be away for a couple of months and was considering subletting my flat to someone.  I'm an international registered at the address with the OCPM, and the person I'm subletting to may need to register himself at the address with the OCPM as well.  If I make the sublease, I was wondering whether I would in any way no longer be registered at the address for the duration of the sublease.  For all administrative purposes, I certainly do not want to lose my address registration, so I just wanted to make sure this is safe before I proceed with the sublease.  Thanks!

R LAug 17, 2017 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Flat sublease and the OCPM
Post 1

This really isnt a problem. You are only subletting and are keeping the lease, so you'll remain registered at that address. I have sublet an apartment twice here in the region (once in Lausanne, once in Geneva) and have always kept my address.

This really isnt a problem. You are only subletting and are keeping the lease, so you'll remain registered at that address. I have sublet an apartment twice here in the region (once in Lausanne, once in Geneva) and have always kept my address.

giselina, Aug 17, 2017 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Flat sublease and the OCPM
Post 2

Great, thanks a lot for the clarification Giselina!

Great, thanks a lot for the clarification Giselina!

R L, Aug 18, 2017 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form