Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Flatsharing and the Regie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Flatsharing and the Regie

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows the impact of doing a flatsharing on your relationship with the Regie? What can they do? Could it affect your 3-month advance or even your Smartcaution situation?

Have an apartment, that I can not get out until end of the year, but considering to do a flatsharing situation on it. At the same time, trying not to have any problems with the Regie.

Any ideas/inputs things to watch out for are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows the impact of doing a flatsharing on your relationship with the Regie? What can they do? Could it affect your 3-month advance or even your Smartcaution situation?

Have an apartment, that I can not get out until end of the year, but considering to do a flatsharing situation on it. At the same time, trying not to have any problems with the Regie.

Any ideas/inputs things to watch out for are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

reuterbFeb 1, 2011 @ 06:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1007 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Flatsharing and the Regie
Post 1

There should not be a problem if your flatsharer has the usual paperwork required to rent a flat (permit, job etc). You will get an attachment to the contract that the person sharing with you will sign and you will become co-renters.

I went through this procedure quite a few years ago and back then the only "problem" with the regie was that they asked us for a second caution. But - bad luck for them - my flatmate's father was a lawyer... and he told us that we didn't have to have a second caution because we were co-tenants having both signed the contract (so, in case of a problem, you have to solve this between the two of you). We wrote this to the regie and it was ok for them.... so they do know the laws, but sometimes they just try...

The text you are quoting:

There should not be a problem if your flatsharer has the usual paperwork required to rent a flat (permit, job etc). You will get an attachment to the contract that the person sharing with you will sign and you will become co-renters.

I went through this procedure quite a few years ago and back then the only "problem" with the regie was that they asked us for a second caution. But - bad luck for them - my flatmate's father was a lawyer... and he told us that we didn't have to have a second caution because we were co-tenants having both signed the contract (so, in case of a problem, you have to solve this between the two of you). We wrote this to the regie and it was ok for them.... so they do know the laws, but sometimes they just try...

eva77, Feb 1, 2011 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1007 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form