Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Flowers for pooja during Indian festivals

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Flowers for pooja during Indian festivals

Hi All,

As some of you might know, there is a famous Indian festival starting tomorrow, Navarathri. I need flowers to perform Pooja at home during these 9 days. Where can we get fresh flowers here?

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

As some of you might know, there is a famous Indian festival starting tomorrow, Navarathri. I need flowers to perform Pooja at home during these 9 days. Where can we get fresh flowers here?

Krithiga GSep 22, 2014 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Flowers for pooja during Indian festivals
Post 1

Hey Krithiga,

Are you celebrating Navratri here, and do you know if there would be dandiya night or something. I'm not sure about the flowers bit, maybe try some of the bigger Coop, they have flowering plants. 

Cheers,

Jaya

Hey Krithiga,

Are you celebrating Navratri here, and do you know if there would be dandiya night or something. I'm not sure about the flowers bit, maybe try some of the bigger Coop, they have flowering plants. 

Cheers,

Jaya

Jaya C, Sep 23, 2014 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As well as Coop, Migros, Manor, etc., there are florists all over Geneva.

R.

As well as Coop, Migros, Manor, etc., there are florists all over Geneva.

R.

Ritchie, Sep 23, 2014 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Jaya & Ritchie,

Thanks for your replies.

@Jaya: Yes, I'm celebrating Navratri here, but am not sure about Dandiya night as I'm very new to Geneva. Some Coop have flowering plants and bouquets, but not the pooja kind of flowers that we use for Indian festivals.

@Ritchie: I saw bouquets kind of flowers everywhere in Coop, Migros etc. But I'm looking for normal flowers like ordinary roses (not the bouquet one), jasmine etc, which can be used for Indian festivals and Gods.

I've attached a photo to show what kind of flowers am looking for. Let me know if you know any place where I can get them from.

Hi Jaya & Ritchie,

Thanks for your replies.

@Jaya: Yes, I'm celebrating Navratri here, but am not sure about Dandiya night as I'm very new to Geneva. Some Coop have flowering plants and bouquets, but not the pooja kind of flowers that we use for Indian festivals.

@Ritchie: I saw bouquets kind of flowers everywhere in Coop, Migros etc. But I'm looking for normal flowers like ordinary roses (not the bouquet one), jasmine etc, which can be used for Indian festivals and Gods.

I've attached a photo to show what kind of flowers am looking for. Let me know if you know any place where I can get them from.

Krithiga G, Sep 24, 2014 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I think your best bet would be to google the Indian Community of Geneva website or contact the Indian Mission to the United Nations in Geneva.  They will surely be happy to help you celebrate your festival appropriately.

Best wishes, R.

I think your best bet would be to google the Indian Community of Geneva website or contact the Indian Mission to the United Nations in Geneva.  They will surely be happy to help you celebrate your festival appropriately.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Sep 24, 2014 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

What is Ritchie said is correct. I'm also new to Geneva but as per me you'll not get typical Indian & variety of flowers in Genva.

Better you should join and ask in Geneva Indian community -  genevaindians <[email protected]>;

Cheers,
Sadashiv

What is Ritchie said is correct. I'm also new to Geneva but as per me you'll not get typical Indian & variety of flowers in Genva.

Better you should join and ask in Geneva Indian community -  genevaindians <[email protected]>;

Cheers,
Sadashiv

Sadashiv Kulthe, Sep 24, 2014 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Krithiga,

I will be glad to make available Yellow Genda flowers(normally used in Puja in India) which I have raised in flower pot. You will have to come ,pluck and take.

Raj Bhandari I.M.P.(Retd.)

Hi Krithiga,

I will be glad to make available Yellow Genda flowers(normally used in Puja in India) which I have raised in flower pot. You will have to come ,pluck and take.

Raj Bhandari I.M.P.(Retd.)

Basant Raj Bhandari, Sep 25, 2014 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks a lot for that information Ritchie and Sadashiv. I'll contact the Geneva Indian Community for such future queries.

Raj, thanks very much for your offer as well. May I ask  where is your place, so that we can see if using your garden flowers is feasible?

Regards,

Krithiga

Thanks a lot for that information Ritchie and Sadashiv. I'll contact the Geneva Indian Community for such future queries.

Raj, thanks very much for your offer as well. May I ask  where is your place, so that we can see if using your garden flowers is feasible?

Regards,

Krithiga

Krithiga G, Sep 30, 2014 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1638 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form