Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Food Photography Help

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Food Photography Help

Hi all, I need some advice on how to get some good shots of food...yes...FOOD.  I have a simple digital camera and need advice on lighting, close ups and setting up scenes etc, good enough to make a book.  Any advice? perhaps a book or website you can recommend? or even a camera to buy with good lenses and all that, if mine REALLY can't do the job.  Any, advice would be appreciated.

thanks so much and happy holidays.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, I need some advice on how to get some good shots of food...yes...FOOD.  I have a simple digital camera and need advice on lighting, close ups and setting up scenes etc, good enough to make a book.  Any advice? perhaps a book or website you can recommend? or even a camera to buy with good lenses and all that, if mine REALLY can't do the job.  Any, advice would be appreciated.

thanks so much and happy holidays.

bookwormDec 19, 2009 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 790 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Food Photography Help
Post 1

if you can be more specific as to your experience lvl as well as what exactly you are trying to obtain within what budget then it'd be more helpful.

if you can be more specific as to your experience lvl as well as what exactly you are trying to obtain within what budget then it'd be more helpful.

Wynn, Dec 23, 2009 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Get a good camera and check youtube on how pros do it.. cheers..

Get a good camera and check youtube on how pros do it.. cheers..

Kunalito, Dec 23, 2009 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, your project sounds exciting!
I would not know how to 'remotedly' guide you with technical advice, however, I can share that I have already taken 'delicious' food photos with my digital camera. Depending on your project plans, time frame, and so on, I could perhaps help you??

Cheers!

Hi, your project sounds exciting!
I would not know how to 'remotedly' guide you with technical advice, however, I can share that I have already taken 'delicious' food photos with my digital camera. Depending on your project plans, time frame, and so on, I could perhaps help you??

Cheers!

nomades, Dec 24, 2009 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I majored in photography years ago and there's various ways to do it but the biggest issue is what is your main objective from all the photos.  give me a shout if you need help i still remeber some of what i learned.

I majored in photography years ago and there's various ways to do it but the biggest issue is what is your main objective from all the photos.  give me a shout if you need help i still remeber some of what i learned.

Wynn, Dec 24, 2009 @ 08:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Instead of spending time learning, buying gear, books, lights etc.  How about hire a photographer?  Cheaper, easier, faster.  Just a thought.

It's like saying "I have to re-do my bathroom" or "I have to file a lawsuit".  Hire a pro.

:)

Instead of spending time learning, buying gear, books, lights etc.  How about hire a photographer?  Cheaper, easier, faster.  Just a thought.

It's like saying "I have to re-do my bathroom" or "I have to file a lawsuit".  Hire a pro.

:)

JMfromTO, Dec 30, 2009 @ 23:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi,

You do the cooking, I do the photography. Check my website www.buzzmedia.ch photography (food) lunch prive

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

You do the cooking, I do the photography. Check my website www.buzzmedia.ch photography (food) lunch prive

Cheers

Mike

Mickel Naumann, Jan 17, 2011 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 790 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form