Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Free parking in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Free parking in Geneva?

Where in Geneva can I park a car for a week for free or at reasonable price?

I will have friend coming by car to Geneva and we will fly out of GVA airport for a week. The airpirt parking cost almost 200CHF and it's out of the question.

Is there an alternative option? It doesn't have to be near the airport. 

The text you are quoting:

Where in Geneva can I park a car for a week for free or at reasonable price?

I will have friend coming by car to Geneva and we will fly out of GVA airport for a week. The airpirt parking cost almost 200CHF and it's out of the question.

Is there an alternative option? It doesn't have to be near the airport. 

anushkaOct 30, 2014 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1606 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Free parking in Geneva?
Post 1

I don't know any official free long term parking. I can help you out tho for free: I live 10 min away from the airport and have an underground parking. I don't use it tho, cos I park my car outside. If you want it for a week, it's yours. 

I don't know any official free long term parking. I can help you out tho for free: I live 10 min away from the airport and have an underground parking. I don't use it tho, cos I park my car outside. If you want it for a week, it's yours. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 23:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nir, Thank you. Laughing That would be fantastic. I'll need it starting 4am Monday 24th Nov  (or Sun evening ) and back on Mon 1st Dec in the afternoon. Would that be ok?

I'll write you a private message. 

Nir, Thank you. Laughing That would be fantastic. I'll need it starting 4am Monday 24th Nov  (or Sun evening ) and back on Mon 1st Dec in the afternoon. Would that be ok?

I'll write you a private message. 

anushka, Oct 31, 2014 @ 06:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Oct 30, 14 23:22

How nice is that!  What goes around comes around :)

How nice is that!  What goes around comes around :)

TreeOf Life, Oct 31, 2014 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Careful Nir - you will now be inundated with requests...that reminds me - any chance of 2 weeks at xmas ?? (just kidding...)

Careful Nir - you will now be inundated with requests...that reminds me - any chance of 2 weeks at xmas ?? (just kidding...)

Jeffery S, Oct 31, 2014 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Oct 31, 14 16:21

wish i could Jeffery: that period I'm meeting the Dalai Lama to discuss strategies of helping the oppressed. 

wish i could Jeffery: that period I'm meeting the Dalai Lama to discuss strategies of helping the oppressed. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 31, 2014 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Oct 31, 14 16:27

You mean the Zurich members !!

You mean the Zurich members !!

Jeffery S, Oct 31, 2014 @ 16:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

The long-term parkings are only 101CHF per week.

(I wonder why people think that parking should be free. If you look at the sqare meter price anywhere in GVA, it certainly has a serious cost, which has to be covered by whoever is occupying those square meters. Or should it be subsidised by teh authorities, i.e. everyone else?)

The long-term parkings are only 101CHF per week.

(I wonder why people think that parking should be free. If you look at the sqare meter price anywhere in GVA, it certainly has a serious cost, which has to be covered by whoever is occupying those square meters. Or should it be subsidised by teh authorities, i.e. everyone else?)

tawb, Oct 31, 2014 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I asked a policeman in the streat who told me there is no other way that get a monthly pass for a private or public parking or a macaron. The price being min 200CHF at Foundation des Parking.

Let me know where is that parking where you pay 100CHF per week. Can be usefull for the future. Smile

However, at present I do not have an expat status / budget. I don't even own a car myself and for my visitors Swiss prices are just out of mind :-@ ) And please don't tell me that if I'm not reach enough I shouldn't invite friends, or should live elswhere. I'd rather believe in people kindness (thank you Nir) and exchange economy.

I asked a policeman in the streat who told me there is no other way that get a monthly pass for a private or public parking or a macaron. The price being min 200CHF at Foundation des Parking.

Let me know where is that parking where you pay 100CHF per week. Can be usefull for the future. Smile

However, at present I do not have an expat status / budget. I don't even own a car myself and for my visitors Swiss prices are just out of mind :-@ ) And please don't tell me that if I'm not reach enough I shouldn't invite friends, or should live elswhere. I'd rather believe in people kindness (thank you Nir) and exchange economy.

anushka, Nov 1, 2014 @ 08:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1606 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form