Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Furniture

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Furniture

Hey people, just a quick question, me and my bud found a place and we need furniture. Whats the best place to buy cheap furniture that also delivers promptly? Cause I dont have my pick up here any more like in the States.

Also if ANY of you have bes, couches, tables, lamps, TVs etc... please message me and me and J will come and take a look at it and see if we want it. The place is in Eaux Vives, so any help with transport would be wildly appreciated too!

Best,

Andy

The text you are quoting:

Hey people, just a quick question, me and my bud found a place and we need furniture. Whats the best place to buy cheap furniture that also delivers promptly? Cause I dont have my pick up here any more like in the States.

Also if ANY of you have bes, couches, tables, lamps, TVs etc... please message me and me and J will come and take a look at it and see if we want it. The place is in Eaux Vives, so any help with transport would be wildly appreciated too!

Best,

Andy

Andy HDec 30, 2009 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1021 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Furniture
Post 1

Conforama delivers promptly however it is also rather cheap in all aspects....

IKEA is a great solution, ok quality and prices - delivery rather expensive and not promptly however they rent out vans very reasonably :-)

Other places are Interior og Pfitser (not sure about the name of the last) - excellent quality and design but you also pay for it....

Good luck with it all!

Conforama delivers promptly however it is also rather cheap in all aspects....

IKEA is a great solution, ok quality and prices - delivery rather expensive and not promptly however they rent out vans very reasonably :-)

Other places are Interior og Pfitser (not sure about the name of the last) - excellent quality and design but you also pay for it....

Good luck with it all!

Caroline K, Dec 30, 2009 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

let me add to Caroline's posting another address where you can find it ALL

second-hand and for a minimum budget - EMAUS - located in Carouge.

With a little patience one can find treasures

... and the money you pay then goes to help those in need.

Hello,

nomades, Dec 30, 2009 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

Dec 30, 09 10:49

I have also heard about it, but never been there. Need to check it out.

Emmaus: At 5, route de Drize, 1227 Carouge.
Tel: +41 (0)22 342 39 59

I have also heard about it, but never been there. Need to check it out.

Emmaus: At 5, route de Drize, 1227 Carouge.
Tel: +41 (0)22 342 39 59

Shadowuz, Dec 30, 2009 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

I have a couch (very comfortable, pale green) for sale at a low price. I can't deliver it but I could give you the name of someone who does for very reasonable prices. If you are interested, I also have a fold away book shelf (two shelves, a compact stereo (cd player, radio, two speakers), portable sterio (cd/mp3 player and radio w/ remote control), a kettle, drip coffee maker (melita). Send me an email if you are interested in taking a look at any of the above.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have a couch (very comfortable, pale green) for sale at a low price. I can't deliver it but I could give you the name of someone who does for very reasonable prices. If you are interested, I also have a fold away book shelf (two shelves, a compact stereo (cd player, radio, two speakers), portable sterio (cd/mp3 player and radio w/ remote control), a kettle, drip coffee maker (melita). Send me an email if you are interested in taking a look at any of the above.

Cheers.

wopmis, Jan 7, 2010 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Andy,

Welcome to Eaux-Vives. I live there too and it is quite nice!

To tie in with what has already been answered, here is what I would do:

- Draw a budget for furniture

- For household goods, i.e. plates, cuttlery etc... Conforama is the place. Also for bedding accessories, lamps, lampshades...

- Accross the road is Jumbo. You can also pick up some cheap but good value accessories for the bathroom, lamps, and plants (live or fake) as well as paint if you want to put on a fresh coat. They have discounts regularly, too...

- Furniture: if you want good quality, IKEA will provide that but you will have to be patient as delivery is sometimes a bit slack - especially if the sofa you want isn't in the right color. STAY AWAY FROM CONFORAMA SOFAS - they will last little over a year and will look cheap.

- Emaus, Caritas... Check adverts for "depot-vente de meubles" - that's second hand and you can grab excellent deals.

- the free weekly newspaper GHI has a lot of people wanting to get rid of stuff, so if you've got time, look through it; announcement boards in major supermarkets can also help out.

- last but not least the flea market can sometimes provide you with good deals. Saturdays and Wednesdays on the Plaine de Plainpalais.

Good luck!

Wisdom

Andy,

Welcome to Eaux-Vives. I live there too and it is quite nice!

To tie in with what has already been answered, here is what I would do:

- Draw a budget for furniture

- For household goods, i.e. plates, cuttlery etc... Conforama is the place. Also for bedding accessories, lamps, lampshades...

- Accross the road is Jumbo. You can also pick up some cheap but good value accessories for the bathroom, lamps, and plants (live or fake) as well as paint if you want to put on a fresh coat. They have discounts regularly, too...

- Furniture: if you want good quality, IKEA will provide that but you will have to be patient as delivery is sometimes a bit slack - especially if the sofa you want isn't in the right color. STAY AWAY FROM CONFORAMA SOFAS - they will last little over a year and will look cheap.

- Emaus, Caritas... Check adverts for "depot-vente de meubles" - that's second hand and you can grab excellent deals.

- the free weekly newspaper GHI has a lot of people wanting to get rid of stuff, so if you've got time, look through it; announcement boards in major supermarkets can also help out.

- last but not least the flea market can sometimes provide you with good deals. Saturdays and Wednesdays on the Plaine de Plainpalais.

Good luck!

Wisdom

Wisdom, Jan 7, 2010 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1021 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form