Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > GPS HELP

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GPS HELP
Hello everyone! I was wondering about GPS, we have a Garmin one at the moment but need another one for the new car. Does anyone have any advice on which one and where to get it?? Thanks you so much for everything!!
The text you are quoting:
Hello everyone! I was wondering about GPS, we have a Garmin one at the moment but need another one for the new car. Does anyone have any advice on which one and where to get it?? Thanks you so much for everything!!
PrinMay 3, 2009 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 766 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GPS HELP
Post 1
I have tried almost all the big brand units, the best is TomTom as it has the easiest interface and can play movies and music on the TomTom's which is a hug bonus.

But here in Europe I bought a non big name unit, will check the name when I get home, but it was less then 150 CHF and it did everything I needed, I still missed my TomTom, but I left that within my car in Canada.

Garmin is good, but the costs and features don't match up to TomTom.  The unit I recommend from TomTom is the 720, also it comes with a sweet little desk cradle that if you want can be used to do a slick stealth mount in a vechile, otherwise it still makes it very hand to connect to your computer at home.

I have tried almost all the big brand units, the best is TomTom as it has the easiest interface and can play movies and music on the TomTom's which is a hug bonus.

But here in Europe I bought a non big name unit, will check the name when I get home, but it was less then 150 CHF and it did everything I needed, I still missed my TomTom, but I left that within my car in Canada.

Garmin is good, but the costs and features don't match up to TomTom.  The unit I recommend from TomTom is the 720, also it comes with a sweet little desk cradle that if you want can be used to do a slick stealth mount in a vechile, otherwise it still makes it very hand to connect to your computer at home.
Canadian, May 3, 2009 @ 16:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, I've the Tom Tom Go 930 and it works well, it comes with US, Canada and Europe maps (all included in the machine). You can connect your mobile with bluetooth, watch pictures and listen your mp3 through the speaker's car. The price is more or less 550 chf.

Hope this information is good for you. If you want more information don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

R2D2

Hi, I've the Tom Tom Go 930 and it works well, it comes with US, Canada and Europe maps (all included in the machine). You can connect your mobile with bluetooth, watch pictures and listen your mp3 through the speaker's car. The price is more or less 550 chf.

Hope this information is good for you. If you want more information don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

R2D2
R2D2, May 3, 2009 @ 17:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thank you guys so much. I am sure my boss will be buying the TomTom one seeing how she wants everything to be the best for her brand new car. I will also be just as excited when I get to drive it!!
Thank you guys so much. I am sure my boss will be buying the TomTom one seeing how she wants everything to be the best for her brand new car. I will also be just as excited when I get to drive it!!
Prin, May 3, 2009 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 766 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form