Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Garage to buy used car

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Garage to buy used car

Can anyone recommend a garage in Geneva where I can view some used cars to buy?

Does anyone have experience in this? 

Comments welcome :)

The text you are quoting:

Can anyone recommend a garage in Geneva where I can view some used cars to buy?

Does anyone have experience in this? 

Comments welcome :)

Angie SApr 27, 2016 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 2373 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Garage to buy used car
Post 1

Angie - what kind of car are you looking for ? We are leaving Geneva and need to sell our Nissan Xtrail

Angie - what kind of car are you looking for ? We are leaving Geneva and need to sell our Nissan Xtrail

Jeffery S, Apr 27, 2016 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Jeffery - I think the Nissan Xtrail might be big for us. We really want to see a few options like in a used car lot.

Hi Jeffery - I think the Nissan Xtrail might be big for us. We really want to see a few options like in a used car lot.

Angie S, Apr 27, 2016 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

As people come, stay just a few years and then leave, there's a huge market for used vehicles in Geneva.  The best way is to check AutoScout24 and enter your criteria for an used car (brand, mileage, year, price, etc.): you'll be shown where you can buy it.

Also, once you decided what is the car of your dreams consider buying it in Lausanne or Fribourg: you can save several thousands CHF.

As people come, stay just a few years and then leave, there's a huge market for used vehicles in Geneva.  The best way is to check AutoScout24 and enter your criteria for an used car (brand, mileage, year, price, etc.): you'll be shown where you can buy it.

Also, once you decided what is the car of your dreams consider buying it in Lausanne or Fribourg: you can save several thousands CHF.

TheOmegaMan, May 1, 2016 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

It depends a little what kind of money you want to pay. For relatively recent cars, the main dealers have large second hand lots - usually only with their own brands plus any part exchange cars - e.g. for VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat there's a huge AMAG place in Chatelaine.

Then there's the cheaper multibrand dealers. These are all over the place! Since you're looking for ideas rather than to buy, look at the stock they have on autoscout:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/auto-haendler-garage-1200-genf/suche?loc=1200%20Genf&rad=10

It depends a little what kind of money you want to pay. For relatively recent cars, the main dealers have large second hand lots - usually only with their own brands plus any part exchange cars - e.g. for VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat there's a huge AMAG place in Chatelaine.

Then there's the cheaper multibrand dealers. These are all over the place! Since you're looking for ideas rather than to buy, look at the stock they have on autoscout:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/auto-haendler-garage-1200-genf/suche?loc=1200%20Genf&rad=10

Niall S, May 11, 2016 @ 14:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

www.car4you.ch

i think you can select also by region, and obviously make model and price etc.

www.car4you.ch

i think you can select also by region, and obviously make model and price etc.

Charlie, May 12, 2016 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

If you want to physically see the cars, your best bet is to check out the lots in the Vernier and Meyrin areas. There are several along route du nant d'Avril in Vernier (in particular one operated by AMAG at the intersection with route du Bois-des-Frères and another multibrand one at the intersection with chemin Philibert-de-Sauvage) and others in the Meyrin industrial zone near Jumbo/Conforama.

Once you have narrowed down your choice, it's a good idea to compare prices online. I usually use the comparis.ch website which is basically a meta search engine which searches for cars on all the big platforms (autoscout24, car4you, ricardo...).

Last but not least, if you aren't easily scared by paperwork, a look across the border in Germany and France can sometimes save you a lot of money. For Germany, check out the mobile.de website. 

If you want to physically see the cars, your best bet is to check out the lots in the Vernier and Meyrin areas. There are several along route du nant d'Avril in Vernier (in particular one operated by AMAG at the intersection with route du Bois-des-Frères and another multibrand one at the intersection with chemin Philibert-de-Sauvage) and others in the Meyrin industrial zone near Jumbo/Conforama.

Once you have narrowed down your choice, it's a good idea to compare prices online. I usually use the comparis.ch website which is basically a meta search engine which searches for cars on all the big platforms (autoscout24, car4you, ricardo...).

Last but not least, if you aren't easily scared by paperwork, a look across the border in Germany and France can sometimes save you a lot of money. For Germany, check out the mobile.de website. 

Mathis K, May 17, 2016 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Jeffery,

My family and I am moving to Geneva in July, although I am here at the momnet looking for housing. I could be intrested.

You can contact me by email [email protected].

Hi Jeffery,

My family and I am moving to Geneva in July, although I am here at the momnet looking for housing. I could be intrested.

Duncan W, May 18, 2016 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Jeffery,

May 18, 16 17:30

Sorry Duncan but it has gone sadly. Cheers Jeff

Sorry Duncan but it has gone sadly. Cheers Jeff

Jeffery S, May 18, 2016 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I am selling volvo xc60 R design, let me know if you are interested.

Emilia

I am selling volvo xc60 R design, let me know if you are interested.

Emilia

EmEm, May 18, 2016 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Emilia,

I could be interested. I would like to look at it. Can that be arranged over the next couple of days?

You can call my number +41 79 742 57 72. Thanks.

Hi Emilia,

I could be interested. I would like to look at it. Can that be arranged over the next couple of days?

You can call my number +41 79 742 57 72. Thanks.

Duncan W, May 18, 2016 @ 23:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Angie,

if you are interested, I have a 4 year old Golf GTD to sell.

Hi Angie,

if you are interested, I have a 4 year old Golf GTD to sell.

Moritz Herbst, May 30, 2016 @ 18:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi, I am also looking for a garage to check a second hand car that i want to buy.

Did you find a good not too expensive one?

thank you

Hi, I am also looking for a garage to check a second hand car that i want to buy.

Did you find a good not too expensive one?

thank you

val gar, Jul 16, 2016 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 2373 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form