Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Geneva - 500 years of maps and documents

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva - 500 years of maps and documents

Something really interesting if Geneva's history is of your interest, as it is for me.

Take the time to travel to Geneva and its surroundings! 500 years of maps and documents are available to discover the past and the formation of our region.

http://www.ge200.ch/carto/

In french, as always, but it's quite understandable...

The text you are quoting:

Something really interesting if Geneva's history is of your interest, as it is for me.

Take the time to travel to Geneva and its surroundings! 500 years of maps and documents are available to discover the past and the formation of our region.

http://www.ge200.ch/carto/

In french, as always, but it's quite understandable...

bertrand hubert rNov 25, 2014 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 731 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Geneva - 500 years of maps and documents
Post 1

Bertrand.  Excellent but disturbing.  There I was thinking for the last 17 years that I lived in Champel but on consulting Mayers Map of 1828-1830 it appears I live on open ground and in Sur Champel.  I ask myself if open ground in Sur Champel is a more desirable location than a field merely in Champel - this would of course justify the high rent I am paying.  I will also check when thle Fin du Monde (maybe apopaclyptic) became merely le Bout du Monde and many other things.

It has been added to my favourite websites and as an avid studier of maps will be consulted regularly.  it might even help me understand the origin ofsome of the strange locations mentioned on the yellow randonnée signs in the canton

The text you are quoting:

Bertrand.  Excellent but disturbing.  There I was thinking for the last 17 years that I lived in Champel but on consulting Mayers Map of 1828-1830 it appears I live on open ground and in Sur Champel.  I ask myself if open ground in Sur Champel is a more desirable location than a field merely in Champel - this would of course justify the high rent I am paying.  I will also check when thle Fin du Monde (maybe apopaclyptic) became merely le Bout du Monde and many other things.

It has been added to my favourite websites and as an avid studier of maps will be consulted regularly.  it might even help me understand the origin ofsome of the strange locations mentioned on the yellow randonnée signs in the canton

Paul E, Nov 25, 2014 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 731 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form