Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Geneva in November

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva in November

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Geneva and have a constant flow of visitors throughout the month of November - I am wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to do around Geneva at this time?  I looked into visiting Chamonix for a day, however the lifts are not going to be in action.  I probably need a wet weather plan, and everyone i ask for advice just glazes over...i think i've got a challenge on my hands!  Travelling outside of Geneva is fine, happy to hire a car for the occasion/jump on a train somewhere - since my vistors are only over the weekends I don't really want to be travelling for more than 2 hours each way ideally.

Many thanks in advance,

Rosie

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Geneva and have a constant flow of visitors throughout the month of November - I am wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to do around Geneva at this time?  I looked into visiting Chamonix for a day, however the lifts are not going to be in action.  I probably need a wet weather plan, and everyone i ask for advice just glazes over...i think i've got a challenge on my hands!  Travelling outside of Geneva is fine, happy to hire a car for the occasion/jump on a train somewhere - since my vistors are only over the weekends I don't really want to be travelling for more than 2 hours each way ideally.

Many thanks in advance,

Rosie

Rosie CoullingOct 21, 2014 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1254 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Geneva in November
Post 1

Hello,

You have plenty of things to do such as visiting famous Gruyère or even chocolate factory, Caillet, some museums in Geneva, ethnorgaphy one will open end of this month etc...Look up on famous trip advisort!!

Hello,

You have plenty of things to do such as visiting famous Gruyère or even chocolate factory, Caillet, some museums in Geneva, ethnorgaphy one will open end of this month etc...Look up on famous trip advisort!!

Hanane A, Oct 21, 2014 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

For a Swiss snapshot we always take people to Gruyere and perhaps lunch in Montreaux on the way back !! Annecy is also a short drive and a nice town

For a Swiss snapshot we always take people to Gruyere and perhaps lunch in Montreaux on the way back !! Annecy is also a short drive and a nice town

Jeffery S, Oct 21, 2014 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

All the towns around Lac Léman are worth a visit and November isn’t necessarily a gloomy, rainy month.  I endorse all the suggestions already made, adding the Olympic Museum in Ouchy, Lausanne,  which is very interesting and offers a great view from the restaurant terrace on a clear day.

Best, R.

All the towns around Lac Léman are worth a visit and November isn’t necessarily a gloomy, rainy month.  I endorse all the suggestions already made, adding the Olympic Museum in Ouchy, Lausanne,  which is very interesting and offers a great view from the restaurant terrace on a clear day.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Oct 21, 2014 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Rosie,

If you also wish special activities in downtown Geneva, I know fantastic artisans with whom I usually organise events for food tasting and manufacture visits. Duration is around 1:30 for the visit of one artisan. The event can be on demand or you can join a public event on a fixed date.

Please send me a message on Glocals if it's the kind of activities you are looking for.

All the best.

Hi Rosie,

If you also wish special activities in downtown Geneva, I know fantastic artisans with whom I usually organise events for food tasting and manufacture visits. Duration is around 1:30 for the visit of one artisan. The event can be on demand or you can join a public event on a fixed date.

Please send me a message on Glocals if it's the kind of activities you are looking for.

All the best.

MimieBlue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 19:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I suggest you go to Montreux and visit the castle of Chillon and from there you can also take a train to Rochers de Naye and see the lake of Geneva from the top. Beautiful scenary and if time allows walk to the French Alps.

I suggest you go to Montreux and visit the castle of Chillon and from there you can also take a train to Rochers de Naye and see the lake of Geneva from the top. Beautiful scenary and if time allows walk to the French Alps.

Dorothy W, Oct 22, 2014 @ 01:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

How old are you, Rosie?

How old are you, Rosie?

nickg_44, Oct 22, 2014 @ 17:21