Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Getting insured on someone else's car

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Getting insured on someone else's car

My question is a simple one but as yet I've been unable to find an answer. 

Is it possible for me to be insured to drive on a car that friend owns? Further does the car need to be stored at their place (where it is registered) every night to avoid voiding the insurance? 

Thanks in advance! 

The text you are quoting:

My question is a simple one but as yet I've been unable to find an answer. 

Is it possible for me to be insured to drive on a car that friend owns? Further does the car need to be stored at their place (where it is registered) every night to avoid voiding the insurance? 

Thanks in advance! 

Dan SJan 19, 2018 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 863 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Getting insured on someone else's car
Post 1

AFAIK, as long as the "habitual driver" of the car is the owner other qualified drivers are also insured (unlike many other countries wher drivers have to be declared). 

If, however, an owner insures the car under their name but someone else drives it most of the time the owner is no longer the "habitual driver" and the insurance may not cover the driver.

The text you are quoting:

AFAIK, as long as the "habitual driver" of the car is the owner other qualified drivers are also insured (unlike many other countries wher drivers have to be declared). 

If, however, an owner insures the car under their name but someone else drives it most of the time the owner is no longer the "habitual driver" and the insurance may not cover the driver.

nmcp, Jan 22, 2018 @ 00:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 863 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form