Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Glocals Xmas ball-Karioke singer again?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Glocals Xmas ball-Karioke singer again?

What is the average age of the Glocals member?  Is Rihanna (or Lady Gaga last 2 years) the target audience that listen to these "musicians", not to mention its cover artists.

Given the entrance fee, can a decent local band (cover or original) not be booked and please the crowd more?  Pick Wicks down the road puts really decent bands on for free every weekend.  the Glocals Xmas ball has an expensive price tag and a solo tribute artist.

The text you are quoting:

What is the average age of the Glocals member?  Is Rihanna (or Lady Gaga last 2 years) the target audience that listen to these "musicians", not to mention its cover artists.

Given the entrance fee, can a decent local band (cover or original) not be booked and please the crowd more?  Pick Wicks down the road puts really decent bands on for free every weekend.  the Glocals Xmas ball has an expensive price tag and a solo tribute artist.

peakyNov 27, 2014 @ 17:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 579 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Glocals Xmas ball-Karioke singer again?
Post 1

Hi Peaky, 

I hear you! This year we're bringing a UK-based Rihanna look-alike for the show. We had live bands at the Ball a few years straight (which actually saves us a lot of hassle and cost involved in flying in someone from abroad), but then moved to a look-alike artist following guest feedback. Maybe we'll try a live band again next year, see how that works again.

I've learned one thing tho: when it comes to music, there's no pleasing everyone, as the tastes are so different.

Nir

The text you are quoting:

Hi Peaky, 

I hear you! This year we're bringing a UK-based Rihanna look-alike for the show. We had live bands at the Ball a few years straight (which actually saves us a lot of hassle and cost involved in flying in someone from abroad), but then moved to a look-alike artist following guest feedback. Maybe we'll try a live band again next year, see how that works again.

I've learned one thing tho: when it comes to music, there's no pleasing everyone, as the tastes are so different.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 27, 2014 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 579 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form