Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Good Driving School w/English Speaking Instructors

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good Driving School w/English Speaking Instructors
Does anyone have any recommendations? A few people I know are in urgent need of driving lessons, but they're really new to Geneva, so their French isn't quite up to par . . . Thanks, Michele
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone have any recommendations? A few people I know are in urgent need of driving lessons, but they're really new to Geneva, so their French isn't quite up to par . . . Thanks, Michele
3PuttBogeyNov 25, 2005 @ 03:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 4598 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good Driving School w/English Speaking Instructors
Post 1
I guess it should be called Geneva's Hotline for French Speaking Foreigners - I guess that's as far as they can wrap their heads around :)
I guess it should be called Geneva's Hotline for French Speaking Foreigners - I guess that's as far as they can wrap their heads around :)
3PuttBogey, Nov 25, 2005 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Ive just started all this process and in a stereotypical way it seems to be incredibly comprehesive (in comparison to the UK). First step is a 2 day first aid course, then off to the optician to get yourself tested (fair enough), then your mandatory rules of the road (includes such useful international gems as tram manouveres and blocks of wood under wheels for mountain stops), then if i've understood correctly an "orientation" course which ranges between "how your car works" to "typical first time driver mistakes", then you're allowed behind the wheel of a Mercedes SLK. I'm at the school (the name escapes me now) on the road up from Plein Palais to Gare Cornavin. I've not started the driving piece yet but after a conversational slip up between "tout droit" and "tourne a droit" they've assured me they have english pseaking drivers at no extra cost.
Ive just started all this process and in a stereotypical way it seems to be incredibly comprehesive (in comparison to the UK). First step is a 2 day first aid course, then off to the optician to get yourself tested (fair enough), then your mandatory rules of the road (includes such useful international gems as tram manouveres and blocks of wood under wheels for mountain stops), then if i've understood correctly an "orientation" course which ranges between "how your car works" to "typical first time driver mistakes", then you're allowed behind the wheel of a Mercedes SLK. I'm at the school (the name escapes me now) on the road up from Plein Palais to Gare Cornavin. I've not started the driving piece yet but after a conversational slip up between "tout droit" and "tourne a droit" they've assured me they have english pseaking drivers at no extra cost.
Singean, Nov 27, 2005 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi Singean,

Thanks for the information - it was very interesting, and will be valuable to my friends who are in your situation. I'm looking forward to getting the name of your driving school so I can tell me friends there is some "English Driving Instructor" hope. Merci! Michele

P.S. When you're finished an in the market to buy a car, I can help you with that. We've bought a new car, and today, just finished the process of buying a secondhand car. Swiss procedures are pretty efficient, but the difficult part is knowing what they are in the first place :)
Hi Singean,

Thanks for the information - it was very interesting, and will be valuable to my friends who are in your situation. I'm looking forward to getting the name of your driving school so I can tell me friends there is some "English Driving Instructor" hope. Merci! Michele

P.S. When you're finished an in the market to buy a car, I can help you with that. We've bought a new car, and today, just finished the process of buying a secondhand car. Swiss procedures are pretty efficient, but the difficult part is knowing what they are in the first place :)
3PuttBogey, Nov 28, 2005 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Its on boulevard james fazy not far from the junction of rue de st jean, good luck.
Its on boulevard james fazy not far from the junction of rue de st jean, good luck.
Singean, Nov 28, 2005 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Based on your info, I finally convinced a friend to take up driving lessons today. She lives way out in the boondocks, and has basically been trapped at home. Merci on behalf of both of us! - Michele
Based on your info, I finally convinced a friend to take up driving lessons today. She lives way out in the boondocks, and has basically been trapped at home. Merci on behalf of both of us! - Michele
3PuttBogey, Nov 30, 2005 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

hello 

there you go , www.genevadrivingschool.ch

english , frensh, italian russian driving lessons in this school , one of the best,.

good luck

hello 

there you go , www.genevadrivingschool.ch

english , frensh, italian russian driving lessons in this school , one of the best,.

good luck

fabio helou, Dec 9, 2016 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 4598 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form