Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Good places to eat out. Where are they?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good places to eat out. Where are they?
Hello All
I have been here  for just over a month and am dying to find good places to eat in Geneva that will not  break the bank balance.  I have been to so many places and the good ones cost a lot.

Any ideas?
The text you are quoting:
Hello All
I have been here  for just over a month and am dying to find good places to eat in Geneva that will not  break the bank balance.  I have been to so many places and the good ones cost a lot.

Any ideas?
jamesscarffAug 29, 2009 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 2925 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good places to eat out. Where are they?
Post 1
 i can recommend for Thai food (cause i'm Thai :p)
Fiesthai, behind train station,  have some authentic Thai dishes...price is okay (around 22 chf/dish if i'm not wrong). 
Kachon, at painpalais, have a good authentic Thai noodle soups...as Thai people, we love to go there...price is okay too (noddle soup cost around 18 chf)
The best Thai food restaurants are Patra and Na Village, but they are expensive :)
Hope this help ;)
 i can recommend for Thai food (cause i'm Thai :p)
Fiesthai, behind train station,  have some authentic Thai dishes...price is okay (around 22 chf/dish if i'm not wrong). 
Kachon, at painpalais, have a good authentic Thai noodle soups...as Thai people, we love to go there...price is okay too (noddle soup cost around 18 chf)
The best Thai food restaurants are Patra and Na Village, but they are expensive :)
Hope this help ;)
0o_Jera_o0, Aug 29, 2009 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 I like "Gazelle d'or" on rue de Lyon -- Ethiopian food. The food and atmosphere are great, the wine not so much -- but they do let you bring your own bottle and charge a modest corking fee.
 I like "Gazelle d'or" on rue de Lyon -- Ethiopian food. The food and atmosphere are great, the wine not so much -- but they do let you bring your own bottle and charge a modest corking fee.

Jered, Aug 29, 2009 @ 18:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 it depends what you like and what budget you have. If you want a typical Swiss one, "La Cave Valaisanne", i personally like Carouge, there are a few good ones, "Les Négociants", Café du marché. The best Sushis are at Shogun (Rue du 31 Decembre) - my favorite, in France at the border in Bossey: La Ferme de l'Hopital is quite a nice one  but quite expensive.. you also have in Bossey (right across the road, Swiss side of the road) which is called (Le Franco-Suisse), I like a lot, cheaper but not cheap, few tables, nice ambiance and well made quality food.
Cheers
 it depends what you like and what budget you have. If you want a typical Swiss one, "La Cave Valaisanne", i personally like Carouge, there are a few good ones, "Les Négociants", Café du marché. The best Sushis are at Shogun (Rue du 31 Decembre) - my favorite, in France at the border in Bossey: La Ferme de l'Hopital is quite a nice one  but quite expensive.. you also have in Bossey (right across the road, Swiss side of the road) which is called (Le Franco-Suisse), I like a lot, cheaper but not cheap, few tables, nice ambiance and well made quality food.
Cheers

useanotherna, Aug 30, 2009 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 Let me also add "la clé des champs" in France on the way to Annecy, very nice, fancy and not so expensive.
 Let me also add "la clé des champs" in France on the way to Annecy, very nice, fancy and not so expensive.

useanotherna, Aug 30, 2009 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 thanks so much guys!!!!!
 thanks so much guys!!!!!
jamesscarff, Aug 30, 2009 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Some of my favourite places are :
Na Village (one in rue de St Jean and the other one rte de Vesennaz) : for thai food
Miyako just by Lady Godiva in Plainpalais : japan food
Meditsol in Rive or a better other one in Paquis but can't remember the name : to eat Tapas
Lipp or Cafe du centre : seafood (Confédération/place du marché)
the libanese restaurant just by the bar Bodega : libanese food (eaux vives)
one of the best brazilian restaurant, you can find it rue de la servette
french or classic food : le Jules Verne (plainpalais), Universal, the restaurant in Parc des Bastions, l'appartement (eaux vives), café des Bains, Tiffany, le Petit Corsier in Corsier and many others....
La boursiere : for the salads
Nologo (paquis) : italian food

well test and enjoy ....

Some of my favourite places are :
Na Village (one in rue de St Jean and the other one rte de Vesennaz) : for thai food
Miyako just by Lady Godiva in Plainpalais : japan food
Meditsol in Rive or a better other one in Paquis but can't remember the name : to eat Tapas
Lipp or Cafe du centre : seafood (Confédération/place du marché)
the libanese restaurant just by the bar Bodega : libanese food (eaux vives)
one of the best brazilian restaurant, you can find it rue de la servette
french or classic food : le Jules Verne (plainpalais), Universal, the restaurant in Parc des Bastions, l'appartement (eaux vives), café des Bains, Tiffany, le Petit Corsier in Corsier and many others....
La boursiere : for the salads
Nologo (paquis) : italian food

well test and enjoy ....

vir4070, Aug 30, 2009 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 hi, about restaurants Na village if you go for lunch it's cheaper than evening but the new restaurant in rte de vesennaz is amazing i love it even if i love both places !
 hi, about restaurants Na village if you go for lunch it's cheaper than evening but the new restaurant in rte de vesennaz is amazing i love it even if i love both places !
vir4070, Aug 30, 2009 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 For Libanese got to Happy Days, close to Plainpalais. Mains around 22. Tasty
food. Andrej
 For Libanese got to Happy Days, close to Plainpalais. Mains around 22. Tasty
food. Andrej
and70, Aug 31, 2009 @ 00:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 2925 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form