Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Good ski resort near Geneva with an infant

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good ski resort near Geneva with an infant

Hi, can anyone recommend a good ski resort an easy drive from Geneva where I can park close to the slopes, and with a nice ski-in ski-out restaurant nearby where I can hang out with a baby while my wife does some skiing for a couple of hours? Our baby is only 7 weeks old so she can't go on any of the lifts so it'll need to be a restaurant at the base.

Pre-baby we used to go to Chamonix a lot but it's not the best place for this scenario. I've been to Les Carroz and it has parking right by the slopes but no restaurant to hang out in without walking back down into town.

Thanks! Steve

The text you are quoting:

Hi, can anyone recommend a good ski resort an easy drive from Geneva where I can park close to the slopes, and with a nice ski-in ski-out restaurant nearby where I can hang out with a baby while my wife does some skiing for a couple of hours? Our baby is only 7 weeks old so she can't go on any of the lifts so it'll need to be a restaurant at the base.

Pre-baby we used to go to Chamonix a lot but it's not the best place for this scenario. I've been to Les Carroz and it has parking right by the slopes but no restaurant to hang out in without walking back down into town.

Thanks! Steve

Steven TJan 22, 2015 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1584 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good ski resort near Geneva with an infant
Post 1

Hi Steven,

I think Avoriaz is a nice place. You could park down at the parking les Prodains from where you can take the cable car to go up to the resort (and take it on the way down of course) or drive up to the parking de la Chapelle and walk few minutes to reach the resorts center where you have plenty of bars, restaurants, shops and even green slopes where kids can sledge. 1h15 of drive to the parking les Prodains and the price for the ski pass is a good deal for this big sized resort.

Hi Steven,

I think Avoriaz is a nice place. You could park down at the parking les Prodains from where you can take the cable car to go up to the resort (and take it on the way down of course) or drive up to the parking de la Chapelle and walk few minutes to reach the resorts center where you have plenty of bars, restaurants, shops and even green slopes where kids can sledge. 1h15 of drive to the parking les Prodains and the price for the ski pass is a good deal for this big sized resort.

Pika, Jan 22, 2015 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks, good idea, just a shame they're unlikely to let her on the lift at Prodains as otherwise it's quite a long drive all the way up to Avoriaz for the day. You've made me think about Les Gets though.

Thanks, good idea, just a shame they're unlikely to let her on the lift at Prodains as otherwise it's quite a long drive all the way up to Avoriaz for the day. You've made me think about Les Gets though.

Steven T, Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Why not going to Col de la Faucille in the Jura ?  there are a couple of shops and restaurants where u start skiing. It is very easy driving from Geneva

Why not going to Col de la Faucille in the Jura ?  there are a couple of shops and restaurants where u start skiing. It is very easy driving from Geneva

Maria C, Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Sorry I might have used the wrong word, by cable car I meant the huge cabine for 150 people... Were you could even take the stroller.

Sorry I might have used the wrong word, by cable car I meant the huge cabine for 150 people... Were you could even take the stroller.

Pika, Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Maria C is right. The restaurants/bars are right at the base near the chair lifts in Col De La Faucille. Crozet also has a few hotels/restaurants before the Telecabine. Also a 20 min drive from Geneva. Both resorts belong to the Jura

Maria C is right. The restaurants/bars are right at the base near the chair lifts in Col De La Faucille. Crozet also has a few hotels/restaurants before the Telecabine. Also a 20 min drive from Geneva. Both resorts belong to the Jura

Janet G, Jan 22, 2015 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Go to Sommand. It's 50 minutes from Geneva, it has all the features you are interested to and you can hardly find a better place with a baby.

Go to Sommand. It's 50 minutes from Geneva, it has all the features you are interested to and you can hardly find a better place with a baby.

Diego T, Jan 22, 2015 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Joining in order to get some info as well :)

Joining in order to get some info as well :)

Liubov D, Jan 23, 2015 @ 07:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Megeve is good for Restaruants that are close to the lifts.

Very close is La Faucille (30min) or even Crozet (15min from Geneva)

Crozet difference is you take the lift up and there is restaurant just as you get out. So she can ski, you enjoy the food, beer, sun, baby. I think a lift tix is like € 8 and ski tick are about €24-€30

Megeve is good for Restaruants that are close to the lifts.

Very close is La Faucille (30min) or even Crozet (15min from Geneva)

Crozet difference is you take the lift up and there is restaurant just as you get out. So she can ski, you enjoy the food, beer, sun, baby. I think a lift tix is like € 8 and ski tick are about €24-€30

Dave G, Jan 23, 2015 @ 08:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Go to Jura. Col de la Faucille or Crozet. 

I go to Crozet often with my kid: just 30 min way from Geneva. Parking real close to the slope (unless you come at the end of the day, when all the good parking is gone). You take a gondola lift up (it's closed and with benches, with 4 people per gondola, so no probs to bring a baby), and then you're right on the kids slopes. Restaurant is right there too. 

Go to Jura. Col de la Faucille or Crozet. 

I go to Crozet often with my kid: just 30 min way from Geneva. Parking real close to the slope (unless you come at the end of the day, when all the good parking is gone). You take a gondola lift up (it's closed and with benches, with 4 people per gondola, so no probs to bring a baby), and then you're right on the kids slopes. Restaurant is right there too. 

Nir Ofek, Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

LA Clusaz is a a family ski area just 45min from Geneva

www.laclusaz.com

LA Clusaz is a a family ski area just 45min from Geneva

www.laclusaz.com

David P, Jan 25, 2015 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I recommend Col de la Faucille too.  I take my two toddlers there for snow play and the toboggan run and there are a couple of places to eat and wait around.  Drive is easy with chains rarely required, about half an hour from Geneva. 

I recommend Col de la Faucille too.  I take my two toddlers there for snow play and the toboggan run and there are a couple of places to eat and wait around.  Drive is easy with chains rarely required, about half an hour from Geneva. 

Leighton Vivian, Jan 25, 2015 @ 21:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1584 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form