Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > HELP: What are a non-swiss Man rights when not married, and got a kid from a non-swiss woman?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
HELP: What are a non-swiss Man rights when not married, and got a kid from a non-swiss woman?

Hi everybody,

I am writing here for a friend of mine who has a big issue.

His girlfriend and him had a kid and his girlfriend is now turning into a witch to him. It seems like she just wanted a kid and a guy with money and now she just wants to keep the money and the kid.

He would like to to leave her but he is afraid he might loose everything kid included, as they are not married, the appartment is on both names although he paies for everything.

Could any of you give him some advice?

What are his rights to the kid even if the woman is angry at him? Will he have to pay a pension to the woman and split his 2nd pillier? I might become the swiss nationality soon, will it change anything, get it worse or better?

Does he need to meet a lawyer even if not married?

THANK YOU so much for him in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everybody,

I am writing here for a friend of mine who has a big issue.

His girlfriend and him had a kid and his girlfriend is now turning into a witch to him. It seems like she just wanted a kid and a guy with money and now she just wants to keep the money and the kid.

He would like to to leave her but he is afraid he might loose everything kid included, as they are not married, the appartment is on both names although he paies for everything.

Could any of you give him some advice?

What are his rights to the kid even if the woman is angry at him? Will he have to pay a pension to the woman and split his 2nd pillier? I might become the swiss nationality soon, will it change anything, get it worse or better?

Does he need to meet a lawyer even if not married?

THANK YOU so much for him in advance!

AffreuseMar 21, 2018 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 990 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: HELP: What are a non-swiss Man rights when not married, and got a kid from a non-swiss woman?
Post 1

Dear Affreuse, when a child's future is at stake, as is your friend's finances, appartment etc he really needs to take it seriously enough to talk to a competent lawyer. Even an experienced one can not give you sound advice on the basis of the limited information you have posted. The sooner he gets legal advice and takes the necessary steps, the better, specially if his nationality will change soon.

Dear Affreuse, when a child's future is at stake, as is your friend's finances, appartment etc he really needs to take it seriously enough to talk to a competent lawyer. Even an experienced one can not give you sound advice on the basis of the limited information you have posted. The sooner he gets legal advice and takes the necessary steps, the better, specially if his nationality will change soon.

JR M, Mar 21, 2018 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: HELP: What are a non-swiss Man rights when not married, and got a kid from a non-swiss woman?
Post 2

I suggest to your male friend to go to this "Conseil juridique " de CSP (Centre Social Protestant) in Geneva. This is the cheapest ,you pay around 100- 200 chf instead of 500-1000 anywhere else.

https://csp.ch/geneve/services/questions-juridiques/#1444226522902-11fb9749-fc50

If he doesn't speak french, too bad. However it may find a person in the "CSP" speaking the language of Shakespeare .

In Switzerland the mother has special rights, like, in case of separation, the father pays tuition until age 18 of the children and also he pays a pension to the mother, during same period, even if she has another income

I suggest to your male friend to go to this "Conseil juridique " de CSP (Centre Social Protestant) in Geneva. This is the cheapest ,you pay around 100- 200 chf instead of 500-1000 anywhere else.

https://csp.ch/geneve/services/questions-juridiques/#1444226522902-11fb9749-fc50

If he doesn't speak french, too bad. However it may find a person in the "CSP" speaking the language of Shakespeare .

In Switzerland the mother has special rights, like, in case of separation, the father pays tuition until age 18 of the children and also he pays a pension to the mother, during same period, even if she has another income

Petru V, Mar 21, 2018 @ 20:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks JR M, i will tell him so!!!

Thanks JR M, i will tell him so!!!

Affreuse, Mar 22, 2018 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

ok thks Petru V!!!

ok thks Petru V!!!

Affreuse, Mar 22, 2018 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 990 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form