Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Has anyone got an apartment with 1contact

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Has anyone got an apartment with 1contact

Has anyone used 1contact, they list apartments with little detail and charge fee - like an apartment finding fee. They are registered company in Geneva so its not a Nigerian internet scam...I think!

Anyone used them? Any reviews?

The text you are quoting:

Has anyone used 1contact, they list apartments with little detail and charge fee - like an apartment finding fee. They are registered company in Geneva so its not a Nigerian internet scam...I think!

Anyone used them? Any reviews?

Angie SAug 24, 2015 @ 23:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 3211 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Has anyone got an apartment with 1contact
Post 1

I've never heard of them, there's something about their website that, at best, is not very reassuring. I  get the feeling they may just be one of those appartment finding agencies, who will promise to find you an appartment, take a fee, then forget about you. Not a single photo!

Go to the address and check out their office. Enquire about the absence of photos on their site, if you have to pay for the privilege of viewing them, I'd walk away.

They quote " Les régies et propriétaires apprécient notre intervention, car nos dossiers sont recevables"

Are they just taking files and depositting them with various Regies‽ Go into a couple of Regies and see what they know.

I've never heard of them, there's something about their website that, at best, is not very reassuring. I  get the feeling they may just be one of those appartment finding agencies, who will promise to find you an appartment, take a fee, then forget about you. Not a single photo!

Go to the address and check out their office. Enquire about the absence of photos on their site, if you have to pay for the privilege of viewing them, I'd walk away.

They quote " Les régies et propriétaires apprécient notre intervention, car nos dossiers sont recevables"

Are they just taking files and depositting them with various Regies‽ Go into a couple of Regies and see what they know.

Shirley T, Aug 25, 2015 @ 08:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

if they find you an apartment and your dossier/file is accepted by the regie, then it is normal to pay a finder's fee. But not before! Otherwise they will show you a list, get paid and forget about you!

if they find you an apartment and your dossier/file is accepted by the regie, then it is normal to pay a finder's fee. But not before! Otherwise they will show you a list, get paid and forget about you!

Ally M, Aug 25, 2015 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm actually still looking and it's not easy, do not let anyone tell you in one try about the room or apartment, try to look more deep into the info. 

Good luck

I'm actually still looking and it's not easy, do not let anyone tell you in one try about the room or apartment, try to look more deep into the info. 

Good luck

Andres Zamarron, Aug 27, 2015 @ 18:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

I am part of the mangement of a relocation agency based in Geneva since 1990. You must be very careful with newly established hunting agencies. A proper relocation agency register with the SARA (Swiss Association of Relocation Agents) do not take any commission fees. If you need any help with your home search, don't hesitate to contact me at gbedat(at)welcome-service.ch

Guillaume Bédat

Hi,

I am part of the mangement of a relocation agency based in Geneva since 1990. You must be very careful with newly established hunting agencies. A proper relocation agency register with the SARA (Swiss Association of Relocation Agents) do not take any commission fees. If you need any help with your home search, don't hesitate to contact me at gbedat(at)welcome-service.ch

Guillaume Bédat

Guillaume Bédat, Sep 16, 2015 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello,

I am the person in charge of 1Contact Sàrl and I confirm the fact that there is a team set up to hunt for estates in order to help people find either accommodation or businesses. This is a demanding task and the final result we aim at is the signature of a lease.

It is normal that we get paid at the end of the job " as every other worker" and this is clearly mentioned before every registration.  

As for the remark that

"all real estate authorities as well as proprietors appreciate our work because our files as receivable"

Is very true, as all our clients can testify, before accepting to sign a contract and taking in charge a file, all documents are previously analyzed that is: we make sure the documents are complete, solvable and that every information given is true. "What don't you see normal in this procedure?" On the contrary, it helps us not to waste both the time of seekers

People who seek our services, are people who wish to be guided throughout the search procedure, either due to time issues or because they are searching for something in particular.

That being said, the market remains open and it is up to each and every one to decide whether he or she wants to acquire the services of an agency in order to help them search for accommodation. 

As for the remark that

I had a colleague sign up with them, pay an up front fee (I believe it was 1000-1500) and she never heard from them again.

As Ally said, I would only pay one of these companies (A1, FORU, MAXImmo, etc...) once you've signed your lease, and then only maximum one month's rent as 'commission'.  

All these allegations are not true!!  At no point has a commission fee of 1000 to 1500 been requested if there was no signature of a lease contract!!! I believe that before publishing such unfounded information, you should verify the authenticity of the information. I will also like to know the name of the mentioned colleague so that we can have a conversation about this issue.

Finally,  1Contact has helped people who needed more than just accommodation, families that were very close to finding themselves on the streets and I assure you that seeing  the joy and happiness on these people's faces is what makes my team and myself happy. Majority of our clients are  Swiss citizens and very few foreigners which makes  our work  more complicated as natives are very  demanding  and that with a really specified and fixed budget that matches exactly what the market has to offer.

1Contact Sarl is located at Rue de la Servette 45, 1202 Geneva, Collaborators and workers are present all day searching for accommodation for our clients and under no circumstances do we make lists that we send through mail. Our commission fees and the way we work is completely transparent.  Therefore, I suppose you have time to waste and that you find it funny to tarnish images without seeking further information.

I understand your initial question as you wish to know with who you are dealing. However, all forums are not always the best sources as the competition is usually an issue and thus false information is being spread.

If you have any further question, you can address me directly 0792352298 or the office 0227828370.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

I am the person in charge of 1Contact Sàrl and I confirm the fact that there is a team set up to hunt for estates in order to help people find either accommodation or businesses. This is a demanding task and the final result we aim at is the signature of a lease.

It is normal that we get paid at the end of the job " as every other worker" and this is clearly mentioned before every registration.  

As for the remark that

"all real estate authorities as well as proprietors appreciate our work because our files as receivable"

Is very true, as all our clients can testify, before accepting to sign a contract and taking in charge a file, all documents are previously analyzed that is: we make sure the documents are complete, solvable and that every information given is true. "What don't you see normal in this procedure?" On the contrary, it helps us not to waste both the time of seekers

People who seek our services, are people who wish to be guided throughout the search procedure, either due to time issues or because they are searching for something in particular.

That being said, the market remains open and it is up to each and every one to decide whether he or she wants to acquire the services of an agency in order to help them search for accommodation. 

As for the remark that

I had a colleague sign up with them, pay an up front fee (I believe it was 1000-1500) and she never heard from them again.

As Ally said, I would only pay one of these companies (A1, FORU, MAXImmo, etc...) once you've signed your lease, and then only maximum one month's rent as 'commission'.  

All these allegations are not true!!  At no point has a commission fee of 1000 to 1500 been requested if there was no signature of a lease contract!!! I believe that before publishing such unfounded information, you should verify the authenticity of the information. I will also like to know the name of the mentioned colleague so that we can have a conversation about this issue.

Finally,  1Contact has helped people who needed more than just accommodation, families that were very close to finding themselves on the streets and I assure you that seeing  the joy and happiness on these people's faces is what makes my team and myself happy. Majority of our clients are  Swiss citizens and very few foreigners which makes  our work  more complicated as natives are very  demanding  and that with a really specified and fixed budget that matches exactly what the market has to offer.

1Contact Sarl is located at Rue de la Servette 45, 1202 Geneva, Collaborators and workers are present all day searching for accommodation for our clients and under no circumstances do we make lists that we send through mail. Our commission fees and the way we work is completely transparent.  Therefore, I suppose you have time to waste and that you find it funny to tarnish images without seeking further information.

I understand your initial question as you wish to know with who you are dealing. However, all forums are not always the best sources as the competition is usually an issue and thus false information is being spread.

If you have any further question, you can address me directly 0792352298 or the office 0227828370.

Have a nice day.

Claudia Maia, Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Hello,

I am the person in charge of 1Contact Sàrl.

Hello,

Claudia Maia, Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Aug 25, 15 08:11

Hello,

The photos are given to our clients on demand.

They quote " Les régies et propriétaires apprécient notre intervention, car nos dossiers sont recevables" (all real estate authorities as well as proprietors appreciate our work because our files as receivable)

Is very true, as all our clients can testify, before accepting to sign a contract and taking in charge a file, all documents are previously analyzed that is: we make sure the documents are complete, solvable and that every information given is true. 

In fact, we do not send their files blindly to the régie and tenants. During the registration of our clients, we always ensure that their files are complete and solvable by asking them extra documents( contrats, attestations, garant) if needed. 

Our job is to help people find an appartment that suits them and not to steal them a comission like stated in some of the comments.

Claudia Maia

Hello,

The photos are given to our clients on demand.

They quote " Les régies et propriétaires apprécient notre intervention, car nos dossiers sont recevables" (all real estate authorities as well as proprietors appreciate our work because our files as receivable)

Is very true, as all our clients can testify, before accepting to sign a contract and taking in charge a file, all documents are previously analyzed that is: we make sure the documents are complete, solvable and that every information given is true. 

In fact, we do not send their files blindly to the régie and tenants. During the registration of our clients, we always ensure that their files are complete and solvable by asking them extra documents( contrats, attestations, garant) if needed. 

Our job is to help people find an appartment that suits them and not to steal them a comission like stated in some of the comments.

Claudia Maia

Claudia Maia, Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I just tried to visit an apartment announced by them today. They asked me for my dossier before confirming the visit. I have a relocation agent so I told them my agent will send them my dossier.  My agent talked to them and told me that I cant visit the house because 1contact does not work with any other relocation agent. I call 1ontact to tell them I send them my dossier directly as a particular and they tell me that still they don’t accept it. My boyfriend called and they told him that in order to visit the house he had to pay a fee of 300CHF, that he will lose if he finally didn’t want the house. Net , their procedures look strange, I would not trust to rent an apartment with them.

I just tried to visit an apartment announced by them today. They asked me for my dossier before confirming the visit. I have a relocation agent so I told them my agent will send them my dossier.  My agent talked to them and told me that I cant visit the house because 1contact does not work with any other relocation agent. I call 1ontact to tell them I send them my dossier directly as a particular and they tell me that still they don’t accept it. My boyfriend called and they told him that in order to visit the house he had to pay a fee of 300CHF, that he will lose if he finally didn’t want the house. Net , their procedures look strange, I would not trust to rent an apartment with them.

Zulema d, Feb 26, 2016 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Definitey something very fishy about this company. 

Definitey something very fishy about this company. 

delseta9_, Feb 29, 2016 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Geneva is becoming more and more of a housing 'mafia'. I think it's crazy that these companies are taking advantage of people. The main advice I give anyone looking for an apartment; alone or with an agent is GET LEGAL INSURANCE! 

Just in case things turn sour, you have a deadicated lawyer to help you. ASLOCA is good but legal insurance is key I think, esp. living in Geneva.

Geneva is becoming more and more of a housing 'mafia'. I think it's crazy that these companies are taking advantage of people. The main advice I give anyone looking for an apartment; alone or with an agent is GET LEGAL INSURANCE! 

Just in case things turn sour, you have a deadicated lawyer to help you. ASLOCA is good but legal insurance is key I think, esp. living in Geneva.

Angie S, Feb 29, 2016 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I just moved into my new place (THAT I GOT WITH 1CONTACT) last week.

While it is true that it took a LONG time to get the apartment and after some visits and failed attempts, in the end it did happen.

That is the way it is in Geneva, it's just too damn difficult.
I really do not understand these stories of 1500 chf paid upfront, the process was very clear and very simple.

1. Entry fee of 300 chf - WHICH IS REFUNDABLE/RECLAIMABLE AFTER 3 FAILED ATTEMPTS - to start looking for apartments.

2. A month's rent if/when you do get the apartment.

As Simple as that.

I just moved into my new place (THAT I GOT WITH 1CONTACT) last week.

While it is true that it took a LONG time to get the apartment and after some visits and failed attempts, in the end it did happen.

That is the way it is in Geneva, it's just too damn difficult.
I really do not understand these stories of 1500 chf paid upfront, the process was very clear and very simple.

1. Entry fee of 300 chf - WHICH IS REFUNDABLE/RECLAIMABLE AFTER 3 FAILED ATTEMPTS - to start looking for apartments.

2. A month's rent if/when you do get the apartment.

As Simple as that.

Mohamed D, Mar 1, 2016 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 3211 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form