Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Have you been to 'Saveurs et Couleurs' (the bistro)? Review wanted

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Have you been to 'Saveurs et Couleurs' (the bistro)? Review wanted
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a great bistro/bar that serves reasonably priced drinks/tapas for around 15 - 20 people on Saturday night. Looking for a place that's not too far from Palexpo.

Has any one tried Saveurs et Couleurs at 24 rue des Grottes?

Any other suggestions??

Thanks,

A.
The text you are quoting:
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a great bistro/bar that serves reasonably priced drinks/tapas for around 15 - 20 people on Saturday night. Looking for a place that's not too far from Palexpo.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks,

A.
Azure222Jun 17, 2009 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2778 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Have you been to 'Saveurs et Couleurs' (the bistro)? Review wanted
Post 1
[quote][b]

Azure222 (17/06/2009)[/b]

[/quote]

Yes, Saveurs et Couleurs is great. It's one of my top 5 places in Geneva without question. But if it's Saturday night, depending on the time of course, I doubt you could find space for 15-20 people.
[quote][b]

[/quote]

Yes, Saveurs et Couleurs is great. It's one of my top 5 places in Geneva without question. But if it's Saturday night, depending on the time of course, I doubt you could find space for 15-20 people.
hayes, Jun 17, 2009 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hayes,

Thanks for the tip.

I was looking through Le Renard sur La Lune and was astonished at the number of bars that are closed on the weekend. Still trying to wrap my head around this.

A.

[quote][quote][b]

[/quote]

Yes, Saveurs et Couleurs is great. It's one of my top 5 places in Geneva without question. But if it's Saturday night, depending on the time of course, I doubt you could find space for 15-20 people.[/quote]
Hayes,

Thanks for the tip.

I was looking through Le Renard sur La Lune and was astonished at the number of bars that are closed on the weekend. Still trying to wrap my head around this.

A.

[quote][quote][b]

[/quote]

Yes, Saveurs et Couleurs is great. It's one of my top 5 places in Geneva without question. But if it's Saturday night, depending on the time of course, I doubt you could find space for 15-20 people.[/quote]
Azure222, Jun 17, 2009 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Tell me about it! Geneva is advertised as such a "cosmopolitan" place, but you cannot find anywhere outside of big hotels that are open on weekends! I find it ridiculous and provincial but .. what are you going to do? There is a good modern Italian on rue Fribourg in the Paquis called nologo(no. 11), which is definitely open on Saturday and can take 15 people,But.. there is a tapas bar- very nice and modern, next door at no. 12, called La Rueda and.; they are open Saturday and wait for it ... Sunday too!!!It looks great and they seem to have a good reputation - Give it a go,I know it's not exactly next to Palexpo but it's worth having a look !
Tell me about it! Geneva is advertised as such a "cosmopolitan" place, but you cannot find anywhere outside of big hotels that are open on weekends! I find it ridiculous and provincial but .. what are you going to do? There is a good modern Italian on rue Fribourg in the Paquis called nologo(no. 11), which is definitely open on Saturday and can take 15 people,But.. there is a tapas bar- very nice and modern, next door at no. 12, called La Rueda and.; they are open Saturday and wait for it ... Sunday too!!!It looks great and they seem to have a good reputation - Give it a go,I know it's not exactly next to Palexpo but it's worth having a look !
hitchcockblo, Jul 3, 2009 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Oh come on, where have you been looking? :P

Oh come on, where have you been looking? :P
Paxxie, Jul 3, 2009 @ 23:25

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
[quote]

Second that--including the bit about not finding enough space on a Saturday night. They do have kind of an eclectic setup in terms of seating & tables, so definitely try talking the owner into a group arrangement. Plus, their kitchen might feel a little squeezed with 15+ orders coming in simultaneously. But, hey, if you (or, rather, they) can pull it off, you won't regret it. Just don't take my seat ;-)

Mike
[quote]

Second that--including the bit about not finding enough space on a Saturday night. They do have kind of an eclectic setup in terms of seating & tables, so definitely try talking the owner into a group arrangement. Plus, their kitchen might feel a little squeezed with 15+ orders coming in simultaneously. But, hey, if you (or, rather, they) can pull it off, you won't regret it. Just don't take my seat ;-)

Mike
rmike, Jul 4, 2009 @ 00:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2778 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form