Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue...

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has some bright ideas for a unique wedding reception venue either in the Geneva or Vaud countryside. We're looking for something other than the normal 'hotel' solution. Our first choices in the La Cote / Lavaux region have already booked up! (Sept 18 seems to be a popular day for getting married this year).  I'm hoping to find something with some charm, warmth, and not too formal. Would be an extra bonus if we can find a place with a pretty view.   

Thanks in advance for any ideas!! 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has some bright ideas for a unique wedding reception venue either in the Geneva or Vaud countryside. We're looking for something other than the normal 'hotel' solution. Our first choices in the La Cote / Lavaux region have already booked up! (Sept 18 seems to be a popular day for getting married this year).  I'm hoping to find something with some charm, warmth, and not too formal. Would be an extra bonus if we can find a place with a pretty view.   

Thanks in advance for any ideas!! 

Cami&ale LFeb 2, 2010 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help! Running out of ideas for wedding reception venue...
Post 1

check the Salle Communales the one in Crans has a nice view

check the Salle Communales the one in Crans has a nice view

Susan61, Feb 2, 2010 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi

We recently got engaged and are currently looking for wedding venues also. I found Portes Des Iris in Vullierens. They have lots of rooms for various party sizes. Take a look at their website (in english and french) http://www.portesdesiris.com/indexE.html

They hold receptions there and wedding ceremonies inside or outside in the gardens. If you prefer you can also get married in the local village church.

I sent them an email to request a price list and i recieved the prices same day. The prices change depending on the room you would like to book for the reception. Or you can rent the whole building exclusively for 9.500CHF (recommended for large parties).

What places have you looked at? Do you have any suggestions? We are thinking of getting married 2011.

Congratulations by the way! Smile

Hi

We recently got engaged and are currently looking for wedding venues also. I found Portes Des Iris in Vullierens. They have lots of rooms for various party sizes. Take a look at their website (in english and french) http://www.portesdesiris.com/indexE.html

They hold receptions there and wedding ceremonies inside or outside in the gardens. If you prefer you can also get married in the local village church.

I sent them an email to request a price list and i recieved the prices same day. The prices change depending on the room you would like to book for the reception. Or you can rent the whole building exclusively for 9.500CHF (recommended for large parties).

What places have you looked at? Do you have any suggestions? We are thinking of getting married 2011.

Congratulations by the way! Smile

FlowerRose, Feb 2, 2010 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Depends how many people you want to have - we've been looking mostly in our La Cote region... Chateau de Rolle, some of the vignerons... Domaine de Daley, de Bovy, Chateu de Luins, Coppet, etc...  

Good luck finding something you like!

Depends how many people you want to have - we've been looking mostly in our La Cote region... Chateau de Rolle, some of the vignerons... Domaine de Daley, de Bovy, Chateu de Luins, Coppet, etc...  

Good luck finding something you like!

Cami&ale L, Feb 3, 2010 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form