Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help/info re. making short films/documentaries in and around Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help/info re. making short films/documentaries in and around Geneva

Hi there,

I have a few months off work and am currently based in Geneva and am still working out how best to fill my time!

In a previous job I used to make short films using a flip cam and really enjoyed that, so I thought I may get back into it, albeit at a slightly more advanced level (different equipment, software etc.). I've had an idea for a short film and would really like to give it a go.

The problem is that I don't have much experience of film-making/production outside of a simple camera and iMovie. So I'm wondering if there is anyone here who could give me some advice, or could recommend a course, or would like to meet and chat about different film ideas and maybe even work on something together, etc. 

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me and look forward to hearing from you. My email is [email protected]

Cheers,

Nick

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I have a few months off work and am currently based in Geneva and am still working out how best to fill my time!

In a previous job I used to make short films using a flip cam and really enjoyed that, so I thought I may get back into it, albeit at a slightly more advanced level (different equipment, software etc.). I've had an idea for a short film and would really like to give it a go.

The problem is that I don't have much experience of film-making/production outside of a simple camera and iMovie. So I'm wondering if there is anyone here who could give me some advice, or could recommend a course, or would like to meet and chat about different film ideas and maybe even work on something together, etc. 

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me and look forward to hearing from you. My email is [email protected]

Cheers,

Nick

Nick HFeb 1, 2016 @ 20:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 783 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help/info re. making short films/documentaries in and around Geneva
Post 1

Hi Nick, we should grab a drink one of these days...i think we could do something together. Lemme know if any evening this week works for you, cheers, Bennet

Hi Nick, we should grab a drink one of these days...i think we could do something together. Lemme know if any evening this week works for you, cheers, Bennet

beeps, Feb 2, 2016 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Feb 2, 16 10:00

Hi Bennet,

Great to hear from you. I'm free tonight or tomorrow night if that suits you. After that I'll be away for a week but will then be back in Geneva for the foreseeable future. 

Let me know what suits and we can meet for a drink. Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Bennet,

Great to hear from you. I'm free tonight or tomorrow night if that suits you. After that I'll be away for a week but will then be back in Geneva for the foreseeable future. 

Let me know what suits and we can meet for a drink. Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick H, Feb 3, 2016 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Have you tryd asking there?

Geneva Media Group - Drinks & Meet-up

good luck with your short movie

Raphael

Have you tryd asking there?

Geneva Media Group - Drinks & Meet-up

good luck with your short movie

Raphael

salem2raf, Feb 3, 2016 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Salem,

Great, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Salem,

Great, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick H, Feb 3, 2016 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sorry, Raphael, I meant Raphael!