Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help navigating french bureaucracy

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help navigating french bureaucracy

Last summer I got my wallet stolen and therefore also my Norwegian driving license. Since I am resident in France I can't get it replaced from Norway, I need to apply for an exchange to a French one.
I thought I sent all the required documents to the right address, but I have not gotten anything back.
Unfortunate I don't speak much french, and therefore I am probably not able to do everything right.
I guess it would be difficult even without the language barrier.
I am therefore looking for someone I can pay to help me figure out this situation (Did I send the right documents to the right place, help calling them and writing letters..).
Let me know if you can or know someone who can provide this kind of service.
I would hope to get my driving license back soon because I need to drive the car to Norway.

The text you are quoting:

Last summer I got my wallet stolen and therefore also my Norwegian driving license. Since I am resident in France I can't get it replaced from Norway, I need to apply for an exchange to a French one.
I thought I sent all the required documents to the right address, but I have not gotten anything back.
Unfortunate I don't speak much french, and therefore I am probably not able to do everything right.
I guess it would be difficult even without the language barrier.
I am therefore looking for someone I can pay to help me figure out this situation (Did I send the right documents to the right place, help calling them and writing letters..).
Let me know if you can or know someone who can provide this kind of service.
I would hope to get my driving license back soon because I need to drive the car to Norway.

helga holmestadFeb 22, 2018 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1126 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help navigating french bureaucracy
Post 1

dear helga, sorry about your misfortune. in france now everything needs to be done online concerning that kind of stuff. i guess you will need to sit with a bilingual person to get the necessary help, it's complex even for us.

dear helga, sorry about your misfortune. in france now everything needs to be done online concerning that kind of stuff. i guess you will need to sit with a bilingual person to get the necessary help, it's complex even for us.

hay_, Feb 22, 2018 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Helga

I work part-time [giving English lessons to seniors actually, whom I love dearly] at our local Mairie. The staff there are extremely helpful and full of useful advice. Perhaps it would be a good idea to go to the counter, explain what has happened to you, and see whether they can suggest where your first line of enquiry might lead. Good luck!

Sheila

Helga

I work part-time [giving English lessons to seniors actually, whom I love dearly] at our local Mairie. The staff there are extremely helpful and full of useful advice. Perhaps it would be a good idea to go to the counter, explain what has happened to you, and see whether they can suggest where your first line of enquiry might lead. Good luck!

Sheila

sheila c, Feb 25, 2018 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

This is done by the sous-préfécture in each respective dept. Do you live in Haute-Savoie or in Ain ?

Below are relevant links to both such:

http://www.haute-savoie.gouv.fr/Demarches-administratives/Permis-de-conduire/Permis-de-conduire#N530

http://www.ain.gouv.fr/permis-de-conduire-a2390.html#N530

Good luck ! 

This is done by the sous-préfécture in each respective dept. Do you live in Haute-Savoie or in Ain ?

Below are relevant links to both such:

http://www.haute-savoie.gouv.fr/Demarches-administratives/Permis-de-conduire/Permis-de-conduire#N530

http://www.ain.gouv.fr/permis-de-conduire-a2390.html#N530

Good luck ! 

Eva D, Feb 26, 2018 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1126 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form