Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help with "'L'etat du lieux"

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help with "'L'etat du lieux"

Hi there,

I'm about to leave Geneva and I'm looking for someone who could paint my apartment (1 bedroom) and generally make it "fit" from the l'etat du lieux.

Thanks!

Timo

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I'm about to leave Geneva and I'm looking for someone who could paint my apartment (1 bedroom) and generally make it "fit" from the l'etat du lieux.

Thanks!

Timo

TimolNov 8, 2010 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 916 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help with "'L'etat du lieux"
Post 1

Is the paint that bad? You have the right to use your apartment, you know (like, you do have the right to put nails and screws in your wall if it's not exaggerated). The regie has to paint it every 5 years (unless it's still good) because it's considered to be normal to have some normal usage stains and spots. Unless you painted your flat green or pink, or damaged the paint badly, it's not your job to repaint it.

As for the Etat des lieux, really it's no big deal. It has to be reasonably clean (i.e. the way you would like it to be, but not spotless), but more importantly everything has to be complete and working, especially keys, kitchen appliances and that kind of things.

Is the paint that bad? You have the right to use your apartment, you know (like, you do have the right to put nails and screws in your wall if it's not exaggerated). The regie has to paint it every 5 years (unless it's still good) because it's considered to be normal to have some normal usage stains and spots. Unless you painted your flat green or pink, or damaged the paint badly, it's not your job to repaint it.

As for the Etat des lieux, really it's no big deal. It has to be reasonably clean (i.e. the way you would like it to be, but not spotless), but more importantly everything has to be complete and working, especially keys, kitchen appliances and that kind of things.

eva77, Nov 8, 2010 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Help with "'L'etat du lieux"
Post 2

Actually it's not bad at all. But they are complete bastards. Basically I need somebody to help me get it to a state where the regie has to accept it. It's a perfectly clean and fine flat. Maybe some small stains here and there.

Actually it's not bad at all. But they are complete bastards. Basically I need somebody to help me get it to a state where the regie has to accept it. It's a perfectly clean and fine flat. Maybe some small stains here and there.

Timol, Nov 8, 2010 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 916 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form