Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help with laptop windows vista

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help with laptop windows vista

hi everybody! 

I am desperate! My laptop this morning is gone! It appeats "

boot from ahci cd-rom operating system not found" and of course it doesn't work. I don't have the cd rom with me here because I be just come back in the area. 

my pc isn't so new and in perfect condition, but I need it! Anyone who knows what I have to do or if I can go somewhere to repair it? If someone has the cd ton with vista would be even good ;)

Thank you for your help! 

Ps. if anyone would like to meet new people and have a chat, I am glad too ;) 

The text you are quoting:

hi everybody! 

I am desperate! My laptop this morning is gone! It appeats "

boot from ahci cd-rom operating system not found" and of course it doesn't work. I don't have the cd rom with me here because I be just come back in the area. 

my pc isn't so new and in perfect condition, but I need it! Anyone who knows what I have to do or if I can go somewhere to repair it? If someone has the cd ton with vista would be even good ;)

Thank you for your help! 

Ps. if anyone would like to meet new people and have a chat, I am glad too ;) 

nicole dJan 28, 2015 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 747 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help with laptop windows vista
Post 1

nicole,

I'm just taking a wild guess, did you turn off your PC with a CD in the drive?  If so, remove the CD and reboot.

nicole,

I'm just taking a wild guess, did you turn off your PC with a CD in the drive?  If so, remove the CD and reboot.

Froilan Z, Jan 29, 2015 @ 08:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Nicole,

If Froilan Z's hint didn't work out, I suggest you to check this post with pretty much many recommandations about GLocals member "zonker", which might help you out with your laptop.

http://www.glocals.com/#/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Place-to-get-computer-fixed-219009.htm%23msg_219078

Hi Nicole,

If Froilan Z's hint didn't work out, I suggest you to check this post with pretty much many recommandations about GLocals member "zonker", which might help you out with your laptop.

http://www.glocals.com/#/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Place-to-get-computer-fixed-219009.htm%23msg_219078

Aymeric Brossard, Jan 29, 2015 @ 08:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It does sound like the laptop is looking for Windows on the cd drive and not the laptop itself

If removing a cd from the drive doesnt help as mentioned above, you can get the laptop to look for Windows in the right place again by changing a setting right when it starts up

How to do this can change with the make of your laptop, but an example is posted here (Justin's post):

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120627030337AAeDqZc

Let us know :)

It does sound like the laptop is looking for Windows on the cd drive and not the laptop itself

If removing a cd from the drive doesnt help as mentioned above, you can get the laptop to look for Windows in the right place again by changing a setting right when it starts up

How to do this can change with the make of your laptop, but an example is posted here (Justin's post):

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120627030337AAeDqZc

Let us know :)

Francois F, Jan 29, 2015 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 747 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form