Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Hill-runners

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hill-runners

Hello et salut !

Are there trail/hill runners out there? I'm not a big fan of pavement (though if there's a mountain involved, I might make an exception). In Geneva, running from St-Jean along the Rhone to Lignon or beyond and back the other side is great, by the way!

Anyone else out there interested in occasionally running up Mont Saleve, or going running in the Jura/Alps?

Cheers,

Neil

The text you are quoting:

Hello et salut !

Are there trail/hill runners out there? I'm not a big fan of pavement (though if there's a mountain involved, I might make an exception). In Geneva, running from St-Jean along the Rhone to Lignon or beyond and back the other side is great, by the way!

Anyone else out there interested in occasionally running up Mont Saleve, or going running in the Jura/Alps?

Cheers,

Neil

Neil DNov 24, 2014 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hill-runners
Post 1

Hi Neil,

Check out www.trail-leman.com, if you want to join a club. I like to run up the Saleve in the afternoons, just let me know.

Cheers.

Amy 

Hi Neil,

Check out www.trail-leman.com, if you want to join a club. I like to run up the Saleve in the afternoons, just let me know.

Cheers.

Amy 

Amy Soska, Nov 25, 2014 @ 08:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nice. Do you try to get up and down in daylight? I can probably skive off work the occasional afternoon. I have a lamp, so night doens't bother me, but if the top of Saleve is above the clouds, some sunshine would be nice!

Neil

Nice. Do you try to get up and down in daylight? I can probably skive off work the occasional afternoon. I have a lamp, so night doens't bother me, but if the top of Saleve is above the clouds, some sunshine would be nice!

Neil

Neil D, Nov 25, 2014 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I haven't done it since the clocks changed, but I'd hope to get back down before dark. I usually head up from Parking Le Coin, through Les Grottes d'Orbojet, up to the top and round a bit. About 1h30 all in, sort of a run / speed hike. Drop me a message with your number and we can hopefully head out soon, morning could be ok too.. 

I haven't done it since the clocks changed, but I'd hope to get back down before dark. I usually head up from Parking Le Coin, through Les Grottes d'Orbojet, up to the top and round a bit. About 1h30 all in, sort of a run / speed hike. Drop me a message with your number and we can hopefully head out soon, morning could be ok too.. 

Amy Soska, Nov 25, 2014 @ 18:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1144 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form