Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Holmes Place...how much do you pay?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Holmes Place...how much do you pay?

Hi folks

I need to decide whether or not to renew my Holmes Place membership in August.  When I signed up, the one question they initially dodged is how much the membership actually costs.  I now suspect that they seem to charge different people different tarrifs.  This seems to be pretty ad hoc rather than just because some people get a corporate discount.  

So, I pay 164CHF per month.  Anyone else care to share their price?

Thanks

R

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks

I need to decide whether or not to renew my Holmes Place membership in August.  When I signed up, the one question they initially dodged is how much the membership actually costs.  I now suspect that they seem to charge different people different tarrifs.  This seems to be pretty ad hoc rather than just because some people get a corporate discount.  

So, I pay 164CHF per month.  Anyone else care to share their price?

Thanks

R

Ray CJul 1, 2015 @ 00:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 3214 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Holmes Place...how much do you pay?
Post 1

I pay 157 chf.

I pay 157 chf.

K-rimo, Jul 1, 2015 @ 04:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you join for 2 years, you pay a cheaper price. Ditto for if you take an off peak membership.

If you join for 2 years, you pay a cheaper price. Ditto for if you take an off peak membership.

delseta9_, Jul 1, 2015 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks for the reply, but what about the cost?  The idea in starting this thread is for customers to see in advance the range of fees charged.

Thanks for the reply, but what about the cost?  The idea in starting this thread is for customers to see in advance the range of fees charged.

Ray C, Jul 1, 2015 @ 20:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

CHF 159 for 2 year membership

CHF 159 for 2 year membership

delseta9_, Jul 1, 2015 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi everyone,

I have just started to work at Holmes Place Geneve and I am happy to see we have some Glocals as our members. Ray - the price really depends on which memebership do you have. There are many types of them (off peak, full time, worldwide etc..)

Some members have been here for 10 and more years, so for sure the prices have changed since those members have started. 

Special corporate memberships start with 5 and more people joining from the same company. If you wish to know more or you think your company could be interested, do not hesitate to contact me: [email protected]

I can also provide you with more information in case you have someone who would like to try the club or join.

Have a great weekend,

Vendula

Hi everyone,

I have just started to work at Holmes Place Geneve and I am happy to see we have some Glocals as our members. Ray - the price really depends on which memebership do you have. There are many types of them (off peak, full time, worldwide etc..)

Some members have been here for 10 and more years, so for sure the prices have changed since those members have started. 

Special corporate memberships start with 5 and more people joining from the same company. If you wish to know more or you think your company could be interested, do not hesitate to contact me: [email protected]

I can also provide you with more information in case you have someone who would like to try the club or join.

Have a great weekend,

Vendula

Vendula K, Jul 3, 2015 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Vendula.

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of the fact that there are different membership options, but the some members are paying different prices for the same option.  

The club is not transparent at all about price. Why not list the prices here? Or on your website? 

Regards

Ray

Hi Vendula.

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of the fact that there are different membership options, but the some members are paying different prices for the same option.  

The club is not transparent at all about price. Why not list the prices here? Or on your website? 

Regards

Ray

Ray C, Jul 4, 2015 @ 01:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Dear Ray,

Thank you for replying. There are also different lenghts of membership, so it may look like the same option but doesn´t need to be the same. After, as I said, this was my first week of work - I haven´t seen different prices for the same service..

From my point of view, publishing the prices online would be more confusing, as there are many different options that require personal explanation. So I suppose that is also the reason.

Have a nice weekend and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask, I will try to answer.

Dear Ray,

Thank you for replying. There are also different lenghts of membership, so it may look like the same option but doesn´t need to be the same. After, as I said, this was my first week of work - I haven´t seen different prices for the same service..

From my point of view, publishing the prices online would be more confusing, as there are many different options that require personal explanation. So I suppose that is also the reason.

Have a nice weekend and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask, I will try to answer.

Vendula K, Jul 4, 2015 @ 22:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Ray,

Holmes Place (like any other "highed end" fitness line, they all do this) will basically charge you full price if you register individually and prices will drop if you work for a large company that has established an agreement with them.

I typically stopped my membership after I learned that the 2 friends I had been training with for more than a year were paying chf900, when I was charged chf1600 just because they worked at a large IT company in Geneva (that should answer your "numbers" question). I asked to make a gesture as the situation wasn't fair, they refused. 

It also depends on how you interact with the staff along the year. Geneva is rarely about corruption but rather about seduction: you have to play the social game. I am not really good at playing nice guy so I guess it went against me when trying to get a gesture after two years frequenting such clubs :)

Your question about transparency is interesting. Basically, they will always display the highest selling price for each membership option. Nothing prevents them from making arrangments on any basis they want as long as it is not discrimatory per your personal attributes, that's what the law says.

If you work at a large company (>250 employees) and think there is an opportunits to have colleagues sign up with them, try initiating a negociation. Win-win situations are not necessarily that hard to find in Geneva, as long as you have very good people skills ;)

cheers

Hi Ray,

Holmes Place (like any other "highed end" fitness line, they all do this) will basically charge you full price if you register individually and prices will drop if you work for a large company that has established an agreement with them.

I typically stopped my membership after I learned that the 2 friends I had been training with for more than a year were paying chf900, when I was charged chf1600 just because they worked at a large IT company in Geneva (that should answer your "numbers" question). I asked to make a gesture as the situation wasn't fair, they refused. 

It also depends on how you interact with the staff along the year. Geneva is rarely about corruption but rather about seduction: you have to play the social game. I am not really good at playing nice guy so I guess it went against me when trying to get a gesture after two years frequenting such clubs :)

Your question about transparency is interesting. Basically, they will always display the highest selling price for each membership option. Nothing prevents them from making arrangments on any basis they want as long as it is not discrimatory per your personal attributes, that's what the law says.

If you work at a large company (>250 employees) and think there is an opportunits to have colleagues sign up with them, try initiating a negociation. Win-win situations are not necessarily that hard to find in Geneva, as long as you have very good people skills ;)

cheers

Nokya F, Jul 5, 2015 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Ray and Nokya,

The corporate offer is available not only for large companies, but for all the companies where there will be 5 and more people joining the club and they want to include our service in their incentive program.

Nokya, I doublechecked with the system and the price 900 CHF doesn't exist, it is only possible, that the company is paying a big part of the price for your friends in terms of some incentive program. This really depends on which beneifts are the companies willing to offer to theirs employees and it doesn't mean that our prices are changing.

Have a nice day,

Vendula 

Hi Ray and Nokya,

The corporate offer is available not only for large companies, but for all the companies where there will be 5 and more people joining the club and they want to include our service in their incentive program.

Nokya, I doublechecked with the system and the price 900 CHF doesn't exist, it is only possible, that the company is paying a big part of the price for your friends in terms of some incentive program. This really depends on which beneifts are the companies willing to offer to theirs employees and it doesn't mean that our prices are changing.

Have a nice day,

Vendula 

Vendula K, Jul 5, 2015 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Vendula,

My apologies, after re-reading it I see why it may look like I am referring a membership from Holmes Place, I was not.

I was referring to another fitness company, with several centers in Geneva, which communicates a pricing range similar to Holmes Place (in this case: Harmony). My message is to emphasize on the fact that variable membership costs are common practice and probably all companies do this.

I hope you didn't spend too much time browsing the invoices (and in particular not searching for the exact amount of "chf 900.-" ;).

N.

Hi Vendula,

My apologies, after re-reading it I see why it may look like I am referring a membership from Holmes Place, I was not.

I was referring to another fitness company, with several centers in Geneva, which communicates a pricing range similar to Holmes Place (in this case: Harmony). My message is to emphasize on the fact that variable membership costs are common practice and probably all companies do this.

I hope you didn't spend too much time browsing the invoices (and in particular not searching for the exact amount of "chf 900.-" ;).

N.

Nokya F, Jul 6, 2015 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 3214 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form