Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Holmes Place

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Holmes Place

I want to share my experience with Holmes Place fitness club in Geneva and warn you on thinking twice before you join them.

1. They never communicated anything in English to me.

2. Although on their website it is announced that introduction of new member will give you 50% for the next 3 months, it took me 6 months to convience them.

3. Nobody informed me that in case of not sending them a registered letter on dscontinuation after 1 year of being with the, the contract is autmomatically extended for another 12 months. My registrered letter cam 4 days late and I have to pay 3 months for this, as they refused to cancel my membership.

4. In general, my experience is that staff is not very flexible and client oriented.

Armen

The text you are quoting:

I want to share my experience with Holmes Place fitness club in Geneva and warn you on thinking twice before you join them.

1. They never communicated anything in English to me.

2. Although on their website it is announced that introduction of new member will give you 50% for the next 3 months, it took me 6 months to convience them.

3. Nobody informed me that in case of not sending them a registered letter on dscontinuation after 1 year of being with the, the contract is autmomatically extended for another 12 months. My registrered letter cam 4 days late and I have to pay 3 months for this, as they refused to cancel my membership.

4. In general, my experience is that staff is not very flexible and client oriented.

Armen

ArmenJan 20, 2010 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 6404 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Holmes Place
Post 1

I have had a similar experience regarding the quality of the customer service and account management.

I was also encouraged to join through a Glocals offer and I will be the first to state that the the equipment and the location is above average, but you pay a high price for this, not only in Swiss Francs but also with the appalling treatment you get if by any chance you wish to inquire on why something is being charged or if you dare to *gasp* terminate your contract.

We all know Gym membership contracts are generally very strict and that you will have to pay more than you initially expect, but Holmes Place takes this cliche to another level. 

All I would say is "Handle with extreme care"

I have had a similar experience regarding the quality of the customer service and account management.

I was also encouraged to join through a Glocals offer and I will be the first to state that the the equipment and the location is above average, but you pay a high price for this, not only in Swiss Francs but also with the appalling treatment you get if by any chance you wish to inquire on why something is being charged or if you dare to *gasp* terminate your contract.

We all know Gym membership contracts are generally very strict and that you will have to pay more than you initially expect, but Holmes Place takes this cliche to another level. 

All I would say is "Handle with extreme care"

gonzpson, Mar 16, 2010 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As with most things in Switzerland, the problem is lack of competition.

All gyms do the same, i.e., charge exorbitant fees for poor quality facilities. Silhoute, for example, opens the gym at 9am, changing rooms are dirty, etc...

I've checked a really small gym near the train station, with very limited facilities. I thought they would charge CHF50/month max. They've asked me CHF440 for 3 months!!! Unbeliavable!!! That kind of tiny gym in the UK or France would not be able to charge more than 30 euros per month!

I know the cost of running a business in Switzerland is higher than in other places, but what these guys (holmes place, silhoute, etc) are doing is taking advantage of the lack of true competition and a public of expats that are willing to pay extremely high prices for a poor service.

As with most things in Switzerland, the problem is lack of competition.

All gyms do the same, i.e., charge exorbitant fees for poor quality facilities. Silhoute, for example, opens the gym at 9am, changing rooms are dirty, etc...

I've checked a really small gym near the train station, with very limited facilities. I thought they would charge CHF50/month max. They've asked me CHF440 for 3 months!!! Unbeliavable!!! That kind of tiny gym in the UK or France would not be able to charge more than 30 euros per month!

I know the cost of running a business in Switzerland is higher than in other places, but what these guys (holmes place, silhoute, etc) are doing is taking advantage of the lack of true competition and a public of expats that are willing to pay extremely high prices for a poor service.

geojusto, Mar 16, 2010 @ 14:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Please be warned about Holmes Place:

The amount of pain you will go through regarding any problems with billing or contractual problems is not worth gaining access to the average facilities. The administration of this gym, and the way they continue to bill you even after a contractual termination of the membership is essentially a scam. Be prepared to be a member for life, or hire a lawyer.

Go elsewhere, don't get trapped by this gym simply because they are the most advertised via glocals.

Please be warned about Holmes Place:

The amount of pain you will go through regarding any problems with billing or contractual problems is not worth gaining access to the average facilities. The administration of this gym, and the way they continue to bill you even after a contractual termination of the membership is essentially a scam. Be prepared to be a member for life, or hire a lawyer.

Go elsewhere, don't get trapped by this gym simply because they are the most advertised via glocals.

trent, Jun 30, 2010 @ 21:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I tell you NEVER EVER GO TO USINE

they are the same that holmes place

when they realize that you are leaving the country they will take twice the amount of the money in your account and make as much trouble as possible for you ...

usine thinks that when you are leaving a country you are not prepare to pay a lawyer for your rights to take the money,

for example they took from my account 2 year in total even if i sign just one year contract. They took the money the following day i said to them that i was leaving Geneva...and then when i ask them why... they make me understand that a lawyer will cost me 3 times this amount so... they take advantage of this

PLEASE NEVER EVER GO TO USINE THEY ARE WORSE THAN HOLMES PLACE

when they realize that you are leaving the country they will take twice the amount of the money in your account and make as much trouble as possible for you ...

usine thinks that when you are leaving a country you are not prepare to pay a lawyer for your rights to take the money,

for example they took from my account 2 year in total even if i sign just one year contract. They took the money the following day i said to them that i was leaving Geneva...and then when i ask them why... they make me understand that a lawyer will cost me 3 times this amount so... they take advantage of this

veronica v, Feb 26, 2011 @ 09:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Feb 26, 11 09:02

It would be advisable to take a legal insurance - costs about 200frs per year and they will defend you for any legal issue in your private life.  Best one according to consumers asssociation is the one from Touring Club.  I have it since years and must say got my yearly fee reimbursed a few times...  They have excellent lawyers.

It would be advisable to take a legal insurance - costs about 200frs per year and they will defend you for any legal issue in your private life.  Best one according to consumers asssociation is the one from Touring Club.  I have it since years and must say got my yearly fee reimbursed a few times...  They have excellent lawyers.

didier r, Feb 26, 2011 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Pour ma part je fréquente depuis 2 ans exersuisse (anciennement KIESERTRAINING). Il n'y a pas de cardio ni de cours, mais les machines sont excellentes et le staff dans son intégralité est très sympa, serviable et professionnel! Le tarif est sauf erreur de CHF 890.-- par année. Pas de chichis, cadre neutre et contemporain, excellente situation au centre ville à Plainpalais.

Bref je les recommande vivement pour quelqu'un qui désire uniquement de la remise en forme & musculation. 

Pour ma part je fréquente depuis 2 ans exersuisse (anciennement KIESERTRAINING). Il n'y a pas de cardio ni de cours, mais les machines sont excellentes et le staff dans son intégralité est très sympa, serviable et professionnel! Le tarif est sauf erreur de CHF 890.-- par année. Pas de chichis, cadre neutre et contemporain, excellente situation au centre ville à Plainpalais.

Bref je les recommande vivement pour quelqu'un qui désire uniquement de la remise en forme & musculation. 

Pascal B, Feb 26, 2011 @ 22:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 6404 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form