Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Housing Advice

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Housing Advice

Hi all! 

I'm a researcher at the University of Leeds, but have just been offered an internship at the International Labour Organisation in Geneva for six months, from July to December - scary but exciting! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for living in Geneva, and/or finding a place to live there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks all,

Calum

The text you are quoting:

Hi all! 

I'm a researcher at the University of Leeds, but have just been offered an internship at the International Labour Organisation in Geneva for six months, from July to December - scary but exciting! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for living in Geneva, and/or finding a place to live there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks all,

Calum

Calum CarsonMay 24, 2016 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 902 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Housing Advice
Post 1

Welcome! It's a great place to live, especially arriving in July when the summer outdoor season is in full swing. Tips on living in Geneva: walk a lot, explore the different neighbourhoods. It's a very easy city to walk around, and lots of hidden gems. There are tons of outdoor activities in summer, from free concerts to outdoor film festivals to hiking and swimming to a vibrant café culture. 

Re finding a place to live: start early, think about sub-lets or house sharing, look on glocals or other sites and chase people. Talk to everyone you can (starting with your contacts at ILO). It's not an easy place to find accomodation but it's also not totally impossible (as some people will tell you). 

Good luck, and enjoy your time here. 

Welcome! It's a great place to live, especially arriving in July when the summer outdoor season is in full swing. Tips on living in Geneva: walk a lot, explore the different neighbourhoods. It's a very easy city to walk around, and lots of hidden gems. There are tons of outdoor activities in summer, from free concerts to outdoor film festivals to hiking and swimming to a vibrant café culture. 

Re finding a place to live: start early, think about sub-lets or house sharing, look on glocals or other sites and chase people. Talk to everyone you can (starting with your contacts at ILO). It's not an easy place to find accomodation but it's also not totally impossible (as some people will tell you). 

Good luck, and enjoy your time here. 

Renia C, May 24, 2016 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

anyone intersted in going on a bar or knows any bars that are open tuesday night and dont feel like a ghost town'

anyone intersted in going on a bar or knows any bars that are open tuesday night and dont feel like a ghost town'

Ramsey A, May 24, 2016 @ 21:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Renia,

Thanks so much for your reassuring words! It's great to know how much there is going on, and about where to look for housing: I'll get started right now! :)

Thanks again,

Calum

Hi Renia,

Thanks so much for your reassuring words! It's great to know how much there is going on, and about where to look for housing: I'll get started right now! :)

Thanks again,

Calum

Calum Carson, May 25, 2016 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 902 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form