Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > I lived in the church in Geneva that burned down. Not currently in the country, but need a flat before September. Please help?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I lived in the church in Geneva that burned down. Not currently in the country, but need a flat before September. Please help?

Hey everyone.

So the church I was living in burned down, and now I urgently need a new place to live before the academic year starts. Problem is, I'm a student, don't work, don't have an income and I'm not even in Geneva (and won't be for at least a month). My budget is not too tight, but I need to find someone willing to rent me a place without seeing me in person and willing to provide me an actual rent contract (I need it for my living permit). Is there any hope?

Thanks in advance.

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone.

So the church I was living in burned down, and now I urgently need a new place to live before the academic year starts. Problem is, I'm a student, don't work, don't have an income and I'm not even in Geneva (and won't be for at least a month). My budget is not too tight, but I need to find someone willing to rent me a place without seeing me in person and willing to provide me an actual rent contract (I need it for my living permit). Is there any hope?

Thanks in advance.

Viktorija TiažkijūtėJul 20, 2018 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 840 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: I lived in the church in Geneva that burned down. Not currently in the country, but need a flat before September. Please help?
Post 1

Hey everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 20, 18 22:43

Sorry to hear of the fire’s repercussions on your life and doubtless that of several others.

However, don’t despair.

Have you considered inserting an advertisement under “Housing wanted” in the Classifieds and also browsing the offers available?  There is no reason why you cannot reach a rental agreement without meeting the other party beforehand so long as both of you ask lots of questions by e-mail or phone in advance of any conclusion.  Just make sure that all the admin. documentation will be taken care of within any set deadlines.

You may even find that living in a local resident’s apartment gives you an altogether different view of Genevan life as it really is.

All the best, R.

Sorry to hear of the fire’s repercussions on your life and doubtless that of several others.

However, don’t despair.

Have you considered inserting an advertisement under “Housing wanted” in the Classifieds and also browsing the offers available?  There is no reason why you cannot reach a rental agreement without meeting the other party beforehand so long as both of you ask lots of questions by e-mail or phone in advance of any conclusion.  Just make sure that all the admin. documentation will be taken care of within any set deadlines.

You may even find that living in a local resident’s apartment gives you an altogether different view of Genevan life as it really is.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jul 21, 2018 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: I lived in the church in Geneva that burned down. Not currently in the country, but need a flat before September. Please help?
Post 2

Hi,

I would have thought that the landlord would help you with this. Normally there is insurance as well for such circumstances. 

Hi,

I would have thought that the landlord would help you with this. Normally there is insurance as well for such circumstances. 

sammy Sam, Jul 21, 2018 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 840 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form