Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > IT Courses in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
IT Courses in Geneva

Hello everyone,

I'm new in Geneva, I'm a software developer and I'm looking for a job here. But meanwhile I would like to improve my knowledge.

I've been doing some research, and I found some bachelor's degrees that are very interesting but in terms of money they are very expensive to me right now.

And I wouldn't mind to do some courses directed to project management, such as Scrum, Agile, etc.

Does anyone knows where I can find such courses in Geneva?

Thank's a lot!

Paula

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I'm new in Geneva, I'm a software developer and I'm looking for a job here. But meanwhile I would like to improve my knowledge.

I've been doing some research, and I found some bachelor's degrees that are very interesting but in terms of money they are very expensive to me right now.

And I wouldn't mind to do some courses directed to project management, such as Scrum, Agile, etc.

Does anyone knows where I can find such courses in Geneva?

Thank's a lot!

Paula

Paula FernandesOct 23, 2014 @ 18:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 825 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: IT Courses in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Paula,

Are you Portuguese?

Hi Paula,

Are you Portuguese?

David Abrantes, Oct 23, 2014 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Paula, 

as a person in the same domain :) I could give some feedback on courses in here, I took it 2 years ago the PMP course of PMI, and I got it after a few months. I don't know what is your purpose of taking these courses? also I don't know your position, but if for a developer and taking this course on your own money, it's a bit expensive I guess :) the course I took costs around 3500 CHF for only 4 days classroom including some book of course. I learn some nice things from there, but of course with that price, not sure if you would do the same!

I still have the book from the course, just in case you wanna have them I can lend you.

About courses, just search for Agile, Scrum, Itil, PMP Geneva, would find a lots of private school/companies that offer!

Good luck with your search for job! normally I think not very hard for a developer!

Cheers

Duy

Hey Paula, 

as a person in the same domain :) I could give some feedback on courses in here, I took it 2 years ago the PMP course of PMI, and I got it after a few months. I don't know what is your purpose of taking these courses? also I don't know your position, but if for a developer and taking this course on your own money, it's a bit expensive I guess :) the course I took costs around 3500 CHF for only 4 days classroom including some book of course. I learn some nice things from there, but of course with that price, not sure if you would do the same!

I still have the book from the course, just in case you wanna have them I can lend you.

About courses, just search for Agile, Scrum, Itil, PMP Geneva, would find a lots of private school/companies that offer!

Good luck with your search for job! normally I think not very hard for a developer!

Cheers

Duy

Duy V, Oct 23, 2014 @ 22:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Paula,

Are you Portuguese?

Oct 23, 14 20:23

Yes I am.

De gema!!! Smile

Yes I am.

De gema!!! Smile

Paula Fernandes, Oct 24, 2014 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Paula, 

Cheers

Duy

Oct 23, 14 22:44

Hi Duy, thank you very much for your reply.

My intent was to do the courses on my one. I'm a web developer, I love what I do, but in a few months I will be in my forties and I feel that this is the ideal opportunity to start in a bit different area, maybe in the project management.

I'm doing a course in Coursera, I don't know if you know it, and it has very interesting courses. Currently I'm starting one in Android development, which is an area that I find very interesting. And doing some research I found online courses that seem good, but I was thinking that could be other options locally, but they are rather expensive.

I'm still on the job hunt, and I hope it won't take long.

But thanks again!!!

Hi Duy, thank you very much for your reply.

My intent was to do the courses on my one. I'm a web developer, I love what I do, but in a few months I will be in my forties and I feel that this is the ideal opportunity to start in a bit different area, maybe in the project management.

I'm doing a course in Coursera, I don't know if you know it, and it has very interesting courses. Currently I'm starting one in Android development, which is an area that I find very interesting. And doing some research I found online courses that seem good, but I was thinking that could be other options locally, but they are rather expensive.

I'm still on the job hunt, and I hope it won't take long.

But thanks again!!!

Paula Fernandes, Oct 24, 2014 @ 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 825 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form