Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Ikea Vernier - genera delivery doubts!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ikea Vernier - genera delivery doubts!

Hi,

Some crazy questions.. hopefully someone know the answer.

1. I read on a post from 2009 that if you showed a bus ticket to Ikea, you can get 50% discount in the delivery? I cannot find this in their webpage.

2. Since I am not sure of the apartment measurements... I was thinking of first buying the mattress and later on the furniture --> To avoid paying for 2 deliveries, can I carry a mattress on the bus? I know it will be very heavz.. but still, are there regulations for the use of the buses?

3. Delivery times of Ikea.. If I go Saturday, will I get the furniture monday afternoon? or if I go monday morning, can I get it Monday afternoon? is it by chance and you have no decision whatsover on when the delivery will take place?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

1. I read on a post from 2009 that if you showed a bus ticket to Ikea, you can get 50% discount in the delivery? I cannot find this in their webpage.

2. Since I am not sure of the apartment measurements... I was thinking of first buying the mattress and later on the furniture --> To avoid paying for 2 deliveries, can I carry a mattress on the bus? I know it will be very heavz.. but still, are there regulations for the use of the buses?

3. Delivery times of Ikea.. If I go Saturday, will I get the furniture monday afternoon? or if I go monday morning, can I get it Monday afternoon? is it by chance and you have no decision whatsover on when the delivery will take place?

Thanks!

Paola CostaAug 26, 2014 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 2185 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ikea Vernier - genera delivery doubts!
Post 1

Thats a pretty funny set of questions.... I can answer the one about the buses and i dont think they are going to let you take a mattress, certainly not a double...! Basically they are opposed to voluminous luggage over the size of a person or over 30kg....

http://www.tpg.ch/conditions-de-transport

Thats a pretty funny set of questions.... I can answer the one about the buses and i dont think they are going to let you take a mattress, certainly not a double...! Basically they are opposed to voluminous luggage over the size of a person or over 30kg....

http://www.tpg.ch/conditions-de-transport

hucklewoo, Aug 26, 2014 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello Paola,

Never heard about #1 (maybe they changed that - 5 years are a looong time) and don't know about #2, but I'd strongly recommend to measure the apartment before buying anything.

#3: Delivery is on the next work day, there are three time slots you can choose: morning, afternoon and evening.

I hope this helps.

Hello Paola,

Never heard about #1 (maybe they changed that - 5 years are a looong time) and don't know about #2, but I'd strongly recommend to measure the apartment before buying anything.

#3: Delivery is on the next work day, there are three time slots you can choose: morning, afternoon and evening.

I hope this helps.

Stephanie D, Aug 26, 2014 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

Thanks!

Aug 26, 14 22:37

Ikea Vernier opened in Sept 2010 so thats false information for sure. (Après dix ans de procédure judiciaire, Ikea ouvrait un nouveau magasin à Vernier le 15 septembre 2010)

Ikea Vernier opened in Sept 2010 so thats false information for sure. (Après dix ans de procédure judiciaire, Ikea ouvrait un nouveau magasin à Vernier le 15 septembre 2010)

Oonagh, Aug 27, 2014 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Call Philippe 078 88 24 491-  he can help you with loading and transport - charges 40chf/h if hiring van+driver or 70chf/h if you want a van + 2 pax helping.

Call Philippe 078 88 24 491-  he can help you with loading and transport - charges 40chf/h if hiring van+driver or 70chf/h if you want a van + 2 pax helping.

mb313, Aug 27, 2014 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

IKEA delivery is expensive! 

Probably cheaper to hire man+van or rent the van from IKEA (available in vernier? I've used it at Aubone). You pay only 40 i think?

Matress on the bus would be interesting! Try it at 17.00  :)

Probably cheaper to hire man+van or rent the van from IKEA (available in vernier? I've used it at Aubone). You pay only 40 i think?

John H, Aug 29, 2014 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Aug 29, 14 15:23

Don't

It's not allowed.

You could even get fined for tying.

Don't

It's not allowed.

You could even get fined for tying.

Ritchie, Aug 29, 2014 @ 17:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

If we are talking about a single "compressed" mattress - I seriously do not see why it is such an issue to take it on the bus.  The weight is 8-15 kg and they they are not that big.

If we are talking about a single "compressed" mattress - I seriously do not see why it is such an issue to take it on the bus.  The weight is 8-15 kg and they they are not that big.

iulia t, Aug 29, 2014 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi paola

i saw people carrying a single matress on the bus, it is compressed and rolled and also has two wraps with handles to easily carry on. for the king size bed I know for some models ikea has only 90x200 cm. So you should buy two single matresses

Hi paola

i saw people carrying a single matress on the bus, it is compressed and rolled and also has two wraps with handles to easily carry on. for the king size bed I know for some models ikea has only 90x200 cm. So you should buy two single matresses

Mana M, Aug 29, 2014 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I would guess everything up to 140x200cm (and I think that's the largest they sell) will be fine, as the mattresses are rolled and compressed. I have carried stuff of similar size on the tram and never ran into trouble.

I would guess everything up to 140x200cm (and I think that's the largest they sell) will be fine, as the mattresses are rolled and compressed. I have carried stuff of similar size on the tram and never ran into trouble.

Monika B, Sep 3, 2014 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks for your answers!

Thanks for your answers!

Paola Costa, Sep 3, 2014 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 2185 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form