Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Inquiry Post Studying (Permit B)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Inquiry Post Studying (Permit B)

I am a non-EU (non-American/relatively weak passport) student taking a masters program in a university in Geneva and currently have a Permit B Student residence card expiring at the end of the month, January 31, 2017. My program is also about to finish at the end of the month, after my thesis. What is the process for extending stay in order to 1) close all my local accounts (bank, insurance, etc.) 2) travel more in europe 3) look for potential employment, if possible? Thank you very much, cheers!

The text you are quoting:

I am a non-EU (non-American/relatively weak passport) student taking a masters program in a university in Geneva and currently have a Permit B Student residence card expiring at the end of the month, January 31, 2017. My program is also about to finish at the end of the month, after my thesis. What is the process for extending stay in order to 1) close all my local accounts (bank, insurance, etc.) 2) travel more in europe 3) look for potential employment, if possible? Thank you very much, cheers!

Jamir TJan 19, 2017 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 649 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Inquiry Post Studying (Permit B)
Post 1

Not sure if this applies to all countries but most students get 3 months to look for an employer who is willing to sponsor their permits. If you just want one to travel then you go to the OCP and apply for a shenghen visa.

Not sure if this applies to all countries but most students get 3 months to look for an employer who is willing to sponsor their permits. If you just want one to travel then you go to the OCP and apply for a shenghen visa.

Marcy S, Jan 19, 2017 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Cheers, will look into this, thanks! :)

Cheers, will look into this, thanks! :)

Jamir T, Jan 19, 2017 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

*erratum*

I am a non-EU/non-American student taking a masters program in a university in Geneva and currently have a Student Permit B residence card expiring at the end of the month, January 31, 2017. My program is also about to finish at the end of the month, after my thesis.

What is the process for extending my stay in Geneva in order to 1) receive masters grades and diploma, 2) close all my local accounts (bank, insurance, etc.), 3) travel more around Europe, 4) look for potential employment, if possible? Thank you.

Also, suggestions on which proper authorities or organizations to contact for corresponding assistance or job openings would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

*erratum*

I am a non-EU/non-American student taking a masters program in a university in Geneva and currently have a Student Permit B residence card expiring at the end of the month, January 31, 2017. My program is also about to finish at the end of the month, after my thesis.

What is the process for extending my stay in Geneva in order to 1) receive masters grades and diploma, 2) close all my local accounts (bank, insurance, etc.), 3) travel more around Europe, 4) look for potential employment, if possible? Thank you.

Also, suggestions on which proper authorities or organizations to contact for corresponding assistance or job openings would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Jamir T, Jan 19, 2017 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 649 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form